Season 13 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 1

Just a quick question but has it been mentioned who is writing/directing episodes 1302 - 1304?
From looking back through this thread this is all I can find, Maybe Vegaslights can fill in the blanks?

13x02 - Code Blue Plate Special
writer - Andrew Dettmann
director - Louis Milito

13x03 - Wild Flowers
writer - ?
director - ?

13x04 It Was A Very Good Year
writer - ?
director - Frank Waldeck

Susan

CSI 13.05 "Once Bitten"

Director: Eagle Egilsson
Writer: Treena Hancock & Melissa R. Byer
Start Date: 8/30

CSI 13.05

Sergeant is a member of the Las Vegas K-9 unit; the chief trainer, he's an expert on police dogs and their handling. When another officer in his unit is murdered, and the evidence points to the dead man being a dirty cop, Sergeant vigorously defends the dead man's reputation. He assists the CSI team in using the dead cop's dog in the hunt for a killer.

Jen and Jackie are very cute, fun, girls out on Halloween and end up in a bad part of town, looking for a Halloween party -- when they run across an armed drug dealer and a freshly murdered body instead.

Carly is one of a group of hookers, brought in for a strange kind of line-up; her scent is identified by a murdered police officer's dog. Questioned closely by the detectives, Carly insists that she was Officer Lynch's informant, not his killer. But she is murdered before she can spill what she knows in a second interview.

Two low rent hookers, suspected of involvement in the murder of Officer Lynch, they're hauled into the line up room with five other prostitutes and asked to deposit their scent on a metal pipe.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Episode 13.05 "Once Bitten"

Barry is a divorce lawyer with a reputation for slick dealing. A bachelor with an upscale house filled with art, Barry has a long history of seducing his clients' wives, and he's annoyed enough people with his confrontational manner that his home is the target of outraged graffiti artists -- and his chest is the target of a bullet.

Marjorie is a neighbor of Barry, a recently murdered divorce attorney, and she defends his easily-slandered reputation after he's shot to death. In fact, Marjorie had a little crush on Barry -- but when she tried to close the deal, Barry laughed in her face, mocked her excessive age.

Mrs. Walsh is a divorcee who cuts a private deal with her husband's attorney (hot sex in exchange for a slice of her husband's assets). But later, hoping to land Barry as her second husband, she's enraged to realize that he just regarded her as an idle hour's pastime.

Ms. Young is a hot and sexy divorcee with attitude, she's a neighbor of the murdered attorney, and is questioned by Finlay, because she overheard the three shots that killed him. She gossips cheerfully about Barry's bad reputation as a scumbag attorney.

Mr. Walsh is a blackjack dealer whose life has dealt him one sour hand after another, he's questioned by the detectives but insists he's innocent. He's a former client of the murdered divorce attorney, and he's convinced that Barry not only transferred his assets to his ex-wife, he also knows that Barry slept with his ex.

I either don't watch enough tv or I don't watch enough of the right kind of tv! I think I'm lucky to know who 2 guest stars a season are and here's another one I don't know!

CBS Tweet

#CSI Casting News: Las Vegas gets some Beverly Hills drama. @KyleRichards18 guest stars this fall on @CSI_CBS! #RHofBeverlyHills

Susan

From Ausiello: tvline.com
Question: Do you have any CSI scoop? —Sharp Ausiello: Despite threatening to quit in the finale, Nick remains part of the team when the show returns on Sept. 26 — but just barely. “Emotionally, we will find Nick in a very dark place in the premiere,” previews exec producer Don McGill. “He really is in an existential crisis, where he is wondering what the purpose of his mission as a CSI really is and whether it’s worth all the pain, suffering and hours [considering] the bad guys sometimes do get away despite your best efforts. We will be carrying that thematically throughout the season. He will be struggling with his conscience in a way.”

Let's please remember not to post back to back. Thanks! :)

Two low rent hookers, suspected of involvement in the murder of Officer Lynch, they're hauled into the line up room with five other prostitutes and asked to deposit their scent on a metal pipe.

Well that sounds totally disgusting! :wtf: Please don't let it be what it sounds like.

From Ausiello: tvline.com
Question: Do you have any CSI scoop? —Sharp Ausiello: Despite threatening to quit in the finale, Nick remains part of the team when the show returns on Sept. 26 — but just barely. “Emotionally, we will find Nick in a very dark place in the premiere,” previews exec producer Don McGill. “He really is in an existential crisis, where he is wondering what the purpose of his mission as a CSI really is and whether it’s worth all the pain, suffering and hours [considering] the bad guys sometimes do get away despite your best efforts. We will be carrying that thematically throughout the season. He will be struggling with his conscience in a way.”

Hmmm...I have a feeling this whole thing will translate into about 2 minutes on screen, but we'll see.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Episode 13.06 "Pick And Roll"

STORY LINE: The Coach of the West Las Vegas University basketball team is a difficult, imperious, petty tyrant with a complicated personal life -- and when he's found bludgeoned to death in his locker room, Detective Russell's son Charlie is the prime suspect.

Only six episodes in and we will have another DB centered ep? The season premiere is pretty about him and his family. They could have waited for an episode like this for 2nd half of the season.

Geeze. I'd still like to know what makes tptb think we care about DB's family already! We care about OUR CSI's families! The ones we've known for 13 years!

To be fair, the views in this forum are hardly representative of the general CSI viewership. I doubt most CSI viewers are all that invested in the individual characters.

Let’s be honest, this might be called a CSI forum but these days it's primarily a Nick, Greg and to a lesser extent, a Sara forum.

One can't really expect TPTB to base all their decisions on what is mentioned in here.

Assuming there will be 22 episodes this season, there is still a lot of time for the other characters.
I think I got immune to the DB family stuff last season with all the random wife mentions. lol. But, I actually liked Charlie, and the actor who played him, so I'm looking forward to this one.
Lots of crime stories to be found on college campuses. I wonder if this one will have shades of the Penn State scandal, or something similar.

1303 is written by Joe Pokaski and directed by Brad Tanenbaum. 1304 is a Gavin Harris/Frank Waldeck collaboration.

OK, here is what I was able to confirm/elaborate on...

"Karma To Burn" - Story by Christopher Barbour; Teleplay by Christopher Barbour and Don McGill; Directed by Alec Smight

"Code Blue Plate Special" - Written by Andrew Dettman; Directed by Louis Milito

"Wild Flowers" - Written by Joe Pokaski; Directed by Brad Tanenbaum

"It Was A Very Good Year" - Written by Gavin Harris; Directed by Frank Waldeck

"Once Bitten" (originally 1306) - Written by Treena Hancock & Melissa Byer; Directed by Eagle Egilsson

"Pick and Roll" (originally 1304, but Brandon W. Jones ended up doing a Supernatural episode) - Written by Rick Eid; Directed by Alec Smight

1307 - Written by Tom Mularz

And yes, 22 episodes this season.

Back