Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Robin Williams :wtf: I had heard that but I honestly thought that was a joke

I've seen the guy in a serious role a few times but I can't see him as a CSI

They're obviously going for the "comedy lead" this time, and hey, why not?
We've had the "geeky lead" and the "dark tortured soul lead"

Ted Danson? He might be good. Also if he is still involved in his other show, it might mean that he's not going to be hogging the airtime like Ray did when he came in. And if he is coming from Portland he might have news of Wendy!

Last edited:
Ted Danson? He might be good. Also if he is still involved in his other show, it might mean that he's not going to be hogging the airtime like Ray did when he came in. And if he is coming from Portland he might have news of Wendy!

Maybe though I don't know, Fish somehow did filmed CSI, movies, plays, and has a family

Yep I so hope he brings news of Wendy with him :)

Maybe though I don't know, Fish somehow did filmed CSI, movies, plays, and has a family

Yep I so hope he brings news of Wendy with him :)

Ray was brought in as Grissom's replacement, and didn't "hog" the screen anymore than Grissom did. A new lead is on the most of the time because that's why he was brought in, not to hang around in the background. I don't think he came across as a a "dark-tortured person" till the end. He was mostly clam, cool and collected and funny And LF did do many other projects while filming CSI. If this new lead Danson is a supervisor he will probably be on more than Ray, if that's possible. And I think Liz Vassy has made it clear she's not interested in returning to CSI. She got a bum deal, and my thinking is she's done with this part of her life.:(

Ray was brought in as Grissom's replacement, and didn't "hog" the screen anymore than Grissom did. A new lead is on the most of the time because that's why he was brought in, not to hang around in the background. I don't think he came across as a a "dark-tortured person" till the end. He was mostly clam, cool and collected and funny And LF did do many other projects while filming CSI. If this new lead Danson is a supervisor he will probably be on more than Ray, if that's possible. And I think Liz Vassy has made it clear she's not interested in returning to CSI. She got a bum deal, and my thinking is she's done with this part of her life.:(
I really don't expect her to come back at all, I wouldn't if they'd canned me in the way they did with her. I just think it would be cool if we got a bit of news about her and how she's getting on.

And don't get me wrong, I really liked Ray, especially his light-hearted stuff. The scene he had with Henry stuck to the locker is still one of my favourites! But I think that the audience got bored with him being omni-present because it acted to the detriment of all the other characters (except maybe Nick) and us loyal peeps who have watched from the start want to see our favourite CSIs too. I mean, I'll never forgive TPTB for giving Greg one bloody line in the 200th episode! Jeez.

Interestingly enough Liz Vassey posted this on her twitter today.
Liz Vassey

Ted Danson's CSI is from the Portland Lab.Technically, that means I've been helping him solve untelevised Portlandian crimes.Not too shabby.
:lol: Thought it was funny. I would not rule out her returning completely. Never say never...

And I think Liz Vassy has made it clear she's not interested in returning to CSI. She got a bum deal, and my thinking is she's done with this part of her life.:(
I really don't expect her to come back at all, I wouldn't if they'd canned me in the way they did with her. I just think it would be cool if we got a bit of news about her and how she's getting on.

CSI Files: So, should the opportunity present itself, you would be willing to go back to the Las Vegas Crime Lab, correct?

Vassey: Yeah!

She's definitely moved on with her life, but at the same time, if they did ask her back (which yeah, probably won't happen), it doesn't sound like she'd snub them or anything. It would probably depend more on what else she had going on at the time too.

I do hope that there's some mention of her when Danson's character arrives and settles in. After all:
LizVassey
Ted Danson's CSI is from the Portland Lab.Technically, that means I've been helping him solve untelevised Portlandian crimes.Not too shabby.

Not unless after the IA investigation, Catherine gets some sort of reprimand or demotion and naturally since Nick is assistant he'd be the logical choice but declines saying that isn't how I want to become supervisor. I want to earn it.

Thus, in comes Danson. I could see that happening

I could see that happening in regards to Nick, but I really hope they don't demote Catherine. She did everything she could to reign Ray in. As byline suggested, I also could see Ecklie moving elsewhere so he's not in charge of his daughter and Cath as under sheriff would be interesting.

and to make it better they're bringing back the coldest character there ever was on CSI (Curtis)...
wait... they're bringing Sofia back full time?

Again, Liz said that one of the characters will leave in a way that they can never be brought back, so I think someone is going to die, but who? :shifty:

Or it's Langston going to prison, but I still think they're going to kill someone off. Probably Nick, because I'm still not convinced George will renew and maybe they haven't even asked him back.
I'm thinking she was referring to Langston. I could see them pulling a shocker and having him actually admit to hiding the cuffs himself and killing Haskell in a rage after learning he raped Gloria. I don't know if killing Haskell would get Ray targeted by Squee or not (I hate typing out that character's full name, I can never get it right, so I'm just gonna call him "Squee" from now on LOL)... but if Ray says he killed Haskell in self defense (when we know that wasn't the case - not that Haskell didn't deserve everything Ray did to him lol) then it's possible... especially if he gets an award or something for killing Haskell in "self defense" like Lindsay on NY did for killing whatshisname (sorry his name is escaping me at the moment). Squee targets "local heroes" with secrets.

1) Ray resigns in a cloud of suspicion - there's no hard evidence to prove what he did (thanks to Brass) but at the same time he's lost the trust of everyone around him. (Kind of in the same way Elle Greenaway was written out of Criminal Minds)
Well, I did mention a while back that Ray's situation with Haskell kind of paralleled Elle's situation with the rapist, even though the villain on CM was only in one episode and Haskell was all over the place lol. All of your other points sound very plausible as well. I didn't quote them all because this reply is gonna be long enough as it is since there were four new pages of posts since just last night lol.

Last edited:
Now what do we have to do to get Shane to find out who has renewed their contract? I hate this not knowing and can't understand why they keep it such a secret.

I mean if someone isn't renewing, we'll find out anyways so just let us know. :scream:

I'm literally swamped the next few days, but you can expect a really informative article on the site this coming Monday...

Never heard of Ted Danson. But anyway it's nice to know tptb is bringing in an EXPERIENCED CSI to take over the show. He's going to get a lot of good material (being supervisor) on the show might as well make him on top of his career.

Oops sorry. I mean being the LEAD character. Of course a supervisor is always experienced/veteran in the field he specializes in.

I read an article tonight on another site about Ted joining the cast. Most of it was the same news as we've already read, but the one unique point I saw regarding contracts was that only George, Jorja and Wally were mentioned as having expired contracts. Nobody else was mentioned, which leads one to believe that they are possibly still under contract? This total silence on the subject is driving me nuts :lol:

On the other hand, this website spelled Catherine with a K, and in another linked article to another site, Grissom was called Gus, so who knows what to believe :rolleyes:

In yet another couple of articles I read, it was said that CBS chose not to bring Fishburne back, instead of the first few that I read where it was said that said LF chose not to renew and wanted to move on. That could account for the EW article we all saw where LF said he was happy and not looking to go anywhere. There's obviously a lot of inconsistency out there :lol:

Now what do we have to do to get Shane to find out who has renewed their contract? I hate this not knowing and can't understand why they keep it such a secret.

I mean if someone isn't renewing, we'll find out anyways so just let us know. :scream:

I'm literally swamped the next few days, but you can expect a really informative article on the site this coming Monday...

Since you quoted Speedy here, vegaslights, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that your article on Monday has to do with our people coming back! I will be devastated if George isn't on the show next season.

Wasn't Grissom's first name originally going to be Gus rather than Gil? Seems like I read that somewhere... or that his first name was originally something other than Gil, may not have been Gus lol.

Grissom was always called "Gil", although I believe before Petersen was cast it was "Gil Scheinbaum", but Petersen didn't seem Jewish enough, so he changed it to Grissom because of his admiration for the astronaut Gus Grissom :)

Yes, Rizzoli, that was the story I had heard also. I thought it was funny that this website apparently heard the story too, but ended up printing it as fact that WP's character was Gus Grissom. I think their fact checker was apparently snoozing :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back