Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly though, I'm not sure they need to add anyone new for supporting roles (other than Morgan/Elisabeth) when they have many recurring characters that they could make more prominent on the show such as Archie, Henry, Mandy, etc. I think that would probably be better than us having to get used to a new character.

They've always had at least five CSI characters though - with Ray and Catherine leaving, that just leaves Nick, Greg, Sara (part time still?), and Morgan - so they'd need another CSI, especially if they go back to two-case episodes (which I really, really hope they will). If they'd kept Wendy, that would've worked perfectly. :shifty:

I agree that the lab rats could use more time too - in the earlier seasons, Greg was a regular character, in almost every episode, as a lab rat. I guess Hodges is taking over that role now, although he tends to be out in the field more than Greg used to (which is odd, since he supposedly hates the field). It seems like they're moving away from the lab in general though, making it more about the 'cop' stuff than the 'science' stuff. :confused:

Okay, so they let us know they are looking for someone new, but have the others resigned? I am more interested in knowing that.

Carol Mendelsohn said CBS is expected to find somone with seasoned TV chops and some of these people mentioned I've never heard of, so their obviously not in this category. Here's a thought what if since S/1 it had of been LF as Langston,as the lead investigator and then in the middle of S/9 WP as Grissom walks on the show? How would that have changed the whole shows concept? Also I thought the opposite of Langston, and thought he was the lighthearted one. When Henry got stuck to his locker, & Ray threw out mega "glue" jokes that were hilarious. And when he was Hodges and visa versa, Hodges goes "Do you have something for me" and Ray goes "What don't I have for you" HA-HA-HA:rommie:, and them going on and on about "Star Wars" and both laughing. And shaking his head and rolling his eyes at the dinosaur exhibit with Hodges, [taking photos of himself with the fake monster] And just last night the "Biker" scam how he got ripped off, :wtf:Hodges with the gal and Ray shaking his head, like "what", his expressions priceless. He was the lightlearted one. No doubt he had a dark side, that came to fruition at the end but, so did Grissom. When was Grissom ever lighthearted or funny?:confused:

Carol Mendelsohn said CBS is expected to find somone with seasoned TV chops and some of these people mentioned I've never heard of, so their obviously not in this category. Here's a thought what if since S/1 it had of been LF as Langston,as the lead investigator and then in the middle of S/9 WP as Grissom walks on the show? How would that have changed the whole shows concept? Also I thought the opposite of Langston, and thought he was the lighthearted one. When Henry got stuck to his locker, & Ray threw out mega "glue" jokes that were hilarious. And when he was Hodges and visa versa, Hodges goes "Do you have something for me" and Ray goes "What don't I have for you" HA-HA-HA:rommie:, and them going on and on about "Star Wars" and both laughing. And shaking his head and rolling his eyes at the dinosaur exhibit with Hodges, [taking photos of himself with the fake monster] And just last night the "Biker" scam how he got ripped off, :wtf:Hodges with the gal and Ray shaking his head, like "what", his expressions priceless. He was the lightlearted one. No doubt he had a dark side, that came to fruition at the end but, so did Grissom. When was Grissom ever lighthearted or funny?:confused:

I think it's rather obvious that it would've changed everything. They are two different characters and two different actors. Maybe CSI wouldn't have been the smash hit it was if LF was the original lead actor. Maybe it would have. IMO, there is no use to deal in "what if" because no one knows what would've happened if things had been different. Hell, if they had handled Ray's character better it's possible the character would've been embraced and maybe LF wouldn't have left. Who knows? We could come up with scenarios that could have happened all day long. It doesn't change what did happen and what TPTB and the audience is faced with now.

Also, just because you personally have never heard of a particular actor doesn't mean they aren't a seasoned TV actor. Some of the movie actors you've mentioned for the role are not household names either, but that doesn't negate the fact that they are vetran actors.

Well "seasoned" to me means popular, or been around for a while with fans who know who they are, or most eveyone knows who they are, say like Jim Belushi, or Jimmy Smits for instance. Most everyone knows these TV stars. I'm just going by the article and someone every one is familar with. How many have ever heard of Elizabeth Harnois? What shows has she ever been on that were big hits?

Well "seasoned" to me means popular, or been around for a while with fans who know who they are, or most eveyone knows who they are, say like Jim Belushi, or Jimmy Smits for instance. Most everyone knows these TV stars. I'm just going by the article and someone every one is familar with. How many have ever heard of Elizabeth Harnois? What shows has she ever been on that were big hits?

I just looked at her IMDb page and she's been on quite a few shows (most of the time as guests). But she's not coming in as the new leader. She's Ecklie's daughter so I highly doubt they were looking for a household name for that role.

I understand your point, but you can't compare averages to averages for two different shows on two different nights at different timeslots. It's kind of like comparing apples and oranges.:lol:

Sure I can. The Nielsens compare apples, oranges and even kumquats every week.

'Seasoned' doesn't mean being popular, it means they years of TV experience acting. Being on multiple shows/or a long-standing show.

You may think it means being popular, but that isn't what it actually means.

When was Grissom ever lighthearted or funny?:confused:

Grissom was funny and lighthearted lots of times. Funny, you thought this before he left, but whatever. :rolleyes:

He changed over the years, but he was still funny and he definitely was in the early seasons.

Calling the dead people in the morgue @$$.... when Holly freaked out. Telling Nick they'll play with kiddy science lab that they all bought for Lindsey.

He got a kick out of Catherine laughing her head off at Max stuck in the cement. (That scene will always go down as one of my all time favorite CSI moments :lol:)

Taking Warrick on the rollercoaster. Etc! Etc! Etc! Etc! Etc!

Part of me would really like to see Gina Torres come on board. Ironic right? :lol:

That would be awesome, but considering the circumstances of her hubby, wouldn't that be a bit of a betrayal. She was the warden back in S/4's "XX" so nothing is impossible:confused:

Oh, I agree that there really is no chance of that. I just like to dream. And Gina is one kickass lady. Hmm... where are my Firefly DVDs...?

Part of me would really like to see Gina Torres come on board. Ironic right? :lol:

That would be awesome, but considering the circumstances of her hubby, wouldn't that be a bit of a betrayal. She was the warden back in S/4's "XX" so nothing is impossible:confused:

Oh, I agree that there really is no chance of that. I just like to dream. And Gina is one kickass lady. Hmm... where are my Firefly DVDs...?

She is beautiful, he was on "Live With Regis & Kelly" some time back and he said "The most beautiful thing in the world besides my Harley is my wife" and Kelly goes AHHH:p They met on the set of "The Matrix" and she was also in "Othello" with him, They've been married for 10 years and have one daughter;)

I believe she is actually on a new show now anyway on the USA network. So she would not be free for CSI anyway.

I know where my Firefly DVD's are! :D

And I want to say CazzBlade, nice pic of you and RDA! Lucky girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back