Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recieved my new TV Guide, issue July 11-17 and in the section called

CASTING CALL is says
*The producers of CSI are still hunting for the lab's next investigator, but executive producer Carol Mendelsohn is said to have drawn up a character who is a bit more lighthearted than Laurence Fishburne's Ray Langston [and more in the vein of Gil Grissom. CBS is expected to find someone with seasoned TV chops~

OK then who might that be? The start filming July 17, and they haven't chosen anyone yet:confused:

Yes I like the idea of a familar tv face :thumbsup:

In vein of Grissom, maybe he is returning, or it's someone related to him- maybe his mom or they meet his long lost son :lol:

Maybe she means they're bringing back Grissom himself. ;)

BTW - they start filming on the 18th. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they asked him to, with Fish leaving and soon Marg will do the same, I don't know he might say yes, probably not full time and probably temporary, also him dropping out of that play recently is also a little suspicious ;)

OK then who might that be? The start filming July 17, and they haven't chosen anyone yet:confused:
I reckon whoever it is will be arriving mid-season. I sort of assumed they would do it like Grissom/Ray where Marg leaves around episode 12 and the new person joins after that but then again when Marg says she's doing only so many episodes it could be like Jorja and be in them sporadically across the season.

Am I right to presume Elisabeth Harnois will be there pretty much from the start of the season?

I just recieved my new TV Guide, issue July 11-17 and in the section called

CASTING CALL is says
*The producers of CSI are still hunting for the lab's next investigator, but executive producer Carol Mendelsohn is said to have drawn up a character who is a bit more lighthearted than Laurence Fishburne's Ray Langston [and more in the vein of Gil Grissom. CBS is expected to find someone with seasoned TV chops~

Sorry Smokey for the double post, but I wanted to post this!

Sounds like a good role for Gerald McRaney. ;)

They need someone 'big' to go up against SVU now. They're bringing back fan fav Stephanie March now (my Twitter stream exPLODED when my friends who are HUGE Cabot/Benson shippers lost their minds).

I think WP dropped out of the play due to a scheduling conflict with a movie/mini-series he's doing.

As far a a TV veteran, it occurs to me that Forrest Whitaker's at liberty right now.

I had a very hard time understanding what Forest Whitaker was saying most of the time in Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior...

Stephanie March may be a fan fave on SVU, but not nearly of the magnitude that Christopher Meloni was. I think CSI will do just fine against the mortally wounded SVU.

How about Jim Belushi? He has both the comedic element and the 'seasoned TV chops' on his resume.

Stephanie March may be a fan fave on SVU, but not nearly of the magnitude that Christopher Meloni was. I think CSI will do just fine against the mortally wounded SVU.

How about Jim Belushi? He has both the comedic element and the 'seasoned TV chops' on his resume.
Hmm...I wouldn't write out SVU just yet, Robinjn. Most L&O fans tend to be nonchalant about mega cast changes since they tend to happen a lot. The audience may slip slightly bc of Chris's absence, Mariska's decreased screentime, and the new cast, but CSI's audience is probably going to end up slipping slightly as well with the time change, so everything is on an equal playing field.

When you said Jim Belushi, I instantly thought of John Belushi, which made me very confused to say the least.:lol:

They're bringing back fan fav Stephanie March now (my Twitter stream exPLODED when my friends who are HUGE Cabot/Benson shippers lost their minds).
:eek:They're bringing back Stephanie March??? I can't feel my legs because I'm so excited! CSI better bring it's A-game because it is definately going to have some competition next season.

Never thought about Jim Belushi. That would be different and interesting. My top choice is still Richard Dean Anderson though. :)

Hmm...I wouldn't write out SVU just yet, Robinjn. Most L&O fans tend to be nonchalant about mega cast changes since they tend to happen a lot. The audience may slip slightly bc of Chris's absence, Mariska's decreased screentime, and the new cast, but CSI's audience is probably going to end up slipping slightly as well with the time change, so everything is on an equal playing field.

CSI had competition THIS season--Grey's Anatomy--and still managed to hold its own ratings-wise. The competition from SVU is weak at best. SVU finished this season at #47 with an average of 8.84 million viewers with Christopher Meloni and Mariska Hargitay there full time--and weren't they there from the beginning? CSI finished this season at #12 with an average of 13.52 million viewers. With Criminal Minds as its lead in, I think CSI is in good shape. And shouldn't its numbers improve now that LF won' be coming back?

And shouldn't its numbers improve now that LF won' be coming back?

Doesn't that depend on what they do to 'replace' him? People who stopped watching when Grissom left probably won't return just because LF is gone (unless by some miracle Grissom returns). If anything, bringing in new characters badly will just hurt CSI more. :(

Are SVU fans as used to major cast changes as L&O fans were? I know the main leads of L&O got replaced a few times (although I quit watching after Orbach and Noth both left, so I guess that says something :)). SVU seems more focused on Benson and Stabler though, so it'll be interested to see how it goes without them. DVR is a wonderful thing though - watch one and record the other. :)

GNRFan, didn't RDA reduce his time on Stargate so he could spend more time with family? Would he be looking for a new lead role now? Cause if he is, that's the first name I've seen in this thread that I actually like if TPTB are going to insist on a new 'star' (rather than promoting from within).

I'd still prefer the existing cast just move up, and bring in a new actor/CSI - they're ALL so experienced now, it would be nice to have a true 'rookie' again, to give a fresh perspective on things (it makes the expository conversations more believable too - Level 3 CSI's don't need everything explained to them, even when the audience still does :)).

GNRFan, didn't RDA reduce his time on Stargate so he could spend more time with family? Would he be looking for a new lead role now? Cause if he is, that's the first name I've seen in this thread that I actually like if TPTB are going to insist on a new 'star' (rather than promoting from within).

He did and then ultimately quit for that reason... but at the time, he had an infant daughter. It's been several years since then though and his daughter is probably old enough now that he could possibly consider going back to tv shows. Another plus with RDA though is that he's also worked with Marg before (in a tv movie) and the two worked well together and had chemistry (not speaking of romantic chemistry cause I like Cath with Vartann, but just speaking of acting chemistry in general).

I'd still prefer the existing cast just move up, and bring in a new actor/CSI - they're ALL so experienced now, it would be nice to have a true 'rookie' again, to give a fresh perspective on things (it makes the expository conversations more believable too - Level 3 CSI's don't need everything explained to them, even when the audience still does :)).
I agree with this. I'd rather tptb just give the existing cast (with the addition of new cast member Elisabeth Harnois - is it Elisabeth or Elizabeth? lol) a chance to carry the show on their own, without some new big name coming in. But, if they just have to have some new big name, RDA would be whom I would prefer lol.

Never thought about Jim Belushi. That would be different and interesting. My top choice is still Richard Dean Anderson though. :)

As much as I love watching RDA in anything, Raynn is correct, he left Stargate to spend time with his daughter and I don't think he would be willing to do a full time lead again. I met him two months ago, such a nice man> RDA

As much as I love watching RDA in anything, Raynn is correct, he left Stargate to spend time with his daughter and I don't think he would be willing to do a full time lead again. I met him two months ago, such a nice man> RDA

This is true and I'm not disputing that fact. I'm only saying that tptb should at least approach him about joining. If they did and he declined, I'd totally understand and respect that.

Here's another name that I thought of just now: Harry Hamlin formerly of LA LAW. I think he might be a good choice as well.

SVU finished this season at #47 with an average of 8.84 million viewers with Christopher Meloni and Mariska Hargitay there full time--and weren't they there from the beginning? CSI finished this season at #12 with an average of 13.52 million viewers.
I understand your point, but you can't compare averages to averages for two different shows on two different nights at different timeslots. It's kind of like comparing apples and oranges.:lol:
I'd rather tptb just give the existing cast (with the addition of new cast member Elisabeth Harnois - is it Elisabeth or Elizabeth? lol) a chance to carry the show on their own, without some new big name coming in.
That would be nice but I wouldn't mind tptb bringing in a new name for a supporting role who's not a big movie star like LF/WP. Big name stars bring in viewers/publicity, but they also come with big price tags and are less likely to stick around. What about bringing in a young actor from another tv show?

I wouldn't mind tptb bringing in a new name for a supporting role who's not a big movie star like LF/WP.

Oh yeah, I'd be totally fine with that. But they are already doing that with Elisabeth, aren't they? Honestly though, I'm not sure they need to add anyone new for supporting roles (other than Morgan/Elisabeth) when they have many recurring characters that they could make more prominent on the show such as Archie, Henry, Mandy, etc. I think that would probably be better than us having to get used to a new character.

I wonder if they are gonna put out spoilers about how LF/Ray's exit will be done or if they are gonna keep us wondering and guessing until September LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back