Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

If this is true :eek:, if not, we're all coming after you, Shane. :lol:

Despite everything, I did like Langston just NOT how tptb handled it.

I do feel bad for Fishburne, though. All of us complaining about Langston and it wasn't because of him. It was tptb that screwed up.

He did step into a tough situation, but maybe CSI can get back to CSI now.

And if they don't make George the lead :scream: there'll be trouble. We DON'T need another big name person.

I still say George and Marg could have carried the show. What tptb seem to forget is that we are all invested in these characters.

It's going to be a scary summer.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

You got that right! Judging from how TPTB have thought about things in the past, who knows what kind of crazy idea they will come up with to handle this? And who knows...some of the rest of the cast may decide to hang it up now too, what with LF and Marg both going and Jorja here/there/maybe.

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

My thoughts exactly. I liked Langston (his first few episodes - I thought his rookie days were funny) but I just couldn't take him overtaking the show after season 9. Raskell became unbearable.

Yay the focus now shifts to the original CSIs!

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Does this mean that the prestigious 263rd episode will not be Ray-centered? But... I was so used to the fact that he got heavy focus in the 200th and 250th episodes! And every episode inbetween! I'll be going through withdrawals!! :eek::eek: :(

5. Poirot

Poirot Victim

The last 20m viewers episode was the Taylor Swift one "Turn, Turn, Turn" in season 9

CSI NY/MIA have also had significant drops

6. Poirot

Poirot Victim

I have the feeling that next season might be the last

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

On a more serious note, this is kind of a bummer. Not the fact that the show is losing Fishburne, but the fact that other characters and actors either got shoved to the background or axed completely from the Big Picture.

Going into season ten do you all remember the news about Lauren Lee Smith? I do. She was canned because TPTB felt her character got lost in the shuffle amidst the introduction of Langston. Thankfully, we got Sara back, but still... I recall fans being more accepting of Riley than Langston at that time.

Then, around this time last year Liz Vassey was cut just prior to a season that was completely focused on Langston. Other characters ended up being M.I.A. too: Bobby Dawson, Mandy (for the most part), and most of the series regulars were entered into a rotation of 'what episode are we in?!' confusion. Lady Heather and Sofia Curtis were brought back. But for what? To advance a storyline the majority of the audience didn't care for and is ultimately ending with the actor leaving the show.

This is just one. big. mess.

ETA: Developing: "CSI is expected to bring on a new actor to replace Fishburne..."

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think it's time for CSI to bid Adieu!:(

But it's been 11 seasons..and most shows don't last that long.

9. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I just hope WP returns for one final season!!!

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

George should be made the lead actor. Some of the highest rated episodes have been with him having the episode.

Will tptb never learn that we want to see our cast front and center, not someone else. :rolleyes:

I have a feeling if they don't make George the lead he won't renew.

Or if they bring in some other actor then he'll have to be made supervisor.

In any case, our characters will get the shaft, again. :rolleyes:

11. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Speedystokesgirl--totally agree. It is time for a promotion for the original cast members. No more newbies! Another option, bring back William Petersen for one last season to tieup all the loose ends.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  12. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Wow. Totally did not expect to wake up to this. :eek:

I do agree with what's been said. While I didn't care for Langston, it wasn't because of Fishburne. However, I am thrilled to be done with Langston. Although I do hope he appears in at least the premier to provide 'closure' for his character arc. I've always hated stuff being dropped completely without explanation.

But now I'm worried about the rest of the cast and who this new person will be. While I hope they bring back someone familiar, like Grissom, Sofia or Wendy, I know that won't happen.

A long summer indeed...

13. sevbses141

sevbses141 Civilian

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
  14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Wow, I am a bit shocked actually but maybe that is why the wrote the finale as they did, to give him an out.

I would love for William Peterson to come back for this season and make it the finale season.

Bringing in yet another new big name actor...that to me is just stupid at this point.

Some posts on Twitter:
    So it is for sure.

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

As I don't particularly like the character of Ray Langston this is good news (could go either way on LF, I've only seen him in CSI and Akeelah and the Bee). Now I just hope they don't repeat the same mistakes. They need to remember that there are some fans out here that have an 11 year invested interest in other characters - Nick, Greg, Catherine! :thumbsup:

This does make me worry about how TPTB will write his exit. I'm just having trouble thinking of a convievable, believable way of doing it without bringing down Brass (and possibly Catherine).

Susan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.