Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I do like Ray, however, I do NOT like how tptb have dealt with him.

He is not the CSI boss, yet everyone takes orders from him.

He is a newbie, by CSI standards, yet all of our characters (that have been doing this job a lot longer than Ray) are all of sudden stupid and have been dumbed down.

This show once was an ensemble, but has not been that way since Petersen left. Petersen is the one who insisted the show be an ensemble.

I mean, first Ray didn't know much and then all of a sudden he's an expert on everything. :rolleyes:

I think the problem is this, tptb hired a big movie star and that was a mistake. Marg and George could have carried the show fine on their own, as well as the rest of the crew. We are to invested in these characters.

And since tptb hired a big move star he has to be more out front, get all the major storylines, etc. etc.

I think Fishburne is a great actor and I do like Ray. It's tptb that are screwing up and, unfortunately, Ray/Fishburne is going to take the brunt of it.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well, tend to disagree so many links/sites say he did replace WP as the LEAD. I know he's a CSI-level 2 duh, but Grissom was the main guy, and he replaced him. And as supervisor and I know Cath has that title now. Maybe the correct term is "star", we do see him when the show starts. And on the rest of the team Nick is in every episode almost, and that's great I love him too. I'm a fan that is happy with the whole cast. An ensemble indeed. And I do know the difference between Laurence and Ray, and get so tired of saying that. If I "quote" the stars on what they say it is about LF, that's a done deal, but as the writers show us as RAY, the character, he is also in tune and bonded with the cast, all of them, that was my point~

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/aug/19/television.usa

Here's a cap of the star Ray with Jorja and Melinda, taking a break having fun as himself Laurence~

LAUGHTER

3. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

In my opinion you need to go back and watch season 9 MacsgirlMel ;)

I know that I can't get a great amount of my favorite character especially Greg all the time, love to :), know it can't always happen plus actors and actresses have lives outside work too, and other characters need to have stories and episodes too, it's when they start having him do Archie's job all the time and hardly use him for several episodes then I start having a probelm

Ray, he had a great start in The Grave Shift, acted like a newbie and it was fun watching him trying to lift prints :), THEN things got just wierd after that :wtf: in Disarmed and Dangerous, Ray acted more like the boss and all the sudden knew everything, I know they're paying him the BIG BUCKS and all and want to get they're moneys worth (I'd want to too) but seriously there's no reason to dumb the other characters down and make the show ENTIRELY ABOUT RAY!!!! :scream:

I mean I don't mind him getting an episode or two during the season, but he's been here two and a half seasons, he's had the Dr. Jekyll storyline, the stuff about his father, Mascara the 200th episode, then there's everything that's gone on with Haskell like his kidney and all the episodes that's involved Raskell including the last three episodes, also including the 250th episode and another season finale, third in a row about Ray and the second about Raskell

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I feel like I have stumbled onto the Ray/Laurence Fishburne thread.

Is there any non-Ray spoilers? I mean there has to be something else going on. I guess I'll just be glad for the season to end at this point and finish this whole Raskell mess, hopefully.

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Spoilers without additional conversation can always be found in the Spoiler Reference thread. :)

While you all are welcome to discuss/debate Ray in relation to the spoilers about the rest of the season, if you want to just talk about the character in general you can do that in the Character Development thread.

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

But you constantly intertwine the two. Your quote above proves it. You say Dr. Ray is the lead of CSI...no he isn't, Catherine and Nick are the leads of CSI.

Fishburne is the male lead, not Dr. Ray.

7. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

This thread gives me a headache. Just sayin'.

8. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Oooh, this could be interesting, especially since they're estranged. Hmmm, maybe Marc Vann will be promoted to regular. ;)

Will she be the new female lead after Marg leaves? That is the question, plase don't get another big name.

10. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Certainly this will be interesting, especially if there is any conflict what-so-ever with her father..seeing we all know what Ecklie is like. But even though the possibilities are nil, more so then slim, I was still kinda rooting for a Liz Vassey return. Oh well! :lol:

Thanks for the find, Beaujolais :)

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Kind of figured this would happen. I don't think she's a big enough name nor an appropriate age to replace Marg. It will just seem too much like the Tara/Alexx thing where Alexx/Khandi was replaced with an actress much younger than her. However, it makes me wonder if they smartly decided that they just need more females. I still think they will end up replacing Marg/Cath with someone more well known. Not a huge movie star like Laurence Fishburne, but maybe a fairly well known tv star... someone like Lauren Holly (not her necessarily, just someone as well known as her). Unless they plan on bringing Frankie back (full time) when Cath leaves. That would at least be better than having to get used to a completely new character, which can be a difficult transition for some.

As for Ecklie being moved up to a main character, ONLY IF LF leaves. Otherwise, we have enough men in the cast full time LOL. I like Ecklie, but not sure I would like to see him every week. He's one of those characters that's better in smaller doses lol.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  12. ricker23

ricker23 Victim

And yet you mix them up again.

LF replaced WP as the LEAD actor. Ray DID NOT replace Grissom.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Technically, Ray did somewhat replace Grissom as the lead male character. Job-wise, however, Catherine replaced Grissom. :)

I'm a little bit annoyed that Vartann will not be returning in the rest of the season. They kind of left us hanging with that storyline LOL. But, I guess they can only fit so many storylines in... and apparently Haskell is their top priority. I'm still irritated that they took this great villain character and used him so much that now I get annoyed whenever his name is mentioned on the show LOL. Guys (the writers), there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. :lol:

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Please, I don't want Sofia back full-time. :rolleyes: I'll deal with her 'visit', but that's it.

Sorry, she had not chemistry with the team.

I'd rather they bring back Wendy.

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

They could still have a mention of Vartaan...I hope they at least do that.

I wanna know the Ecklie family backstory soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.