Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

LOL.
    So, does that mean Greg and Hodges are left in charge of the graveshift? Reality be damned, that would make for a great epi!
    All kidding aside, why in the world does any of this have to take place in LA? Doesn't LV have enough crime to keep their CSI's busy? The tax payers of Nevada can't be happy about this.
    This whole scenario sounds like it could be a Criminal Minds spin-off to me; in fact, it sounds better than the one that was actually done. :)

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Hee..when the cats are away the mice do play.:lol:

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I couldn't agree more, there are characters on the show that I'm not thrilled with, but try to keep it to a minimum on the bashing. I have been guilty of that as well, and sure heard about it. On the leading man Ray, he's been on the show now in his 3rd season, for me TPTB ARE NOT shoving him down my throat, the opposite the more of him the better, yet fans still have complaints about him. Here's one, the cast, the real life people George, Marg, Jorja, Eric, etc. all praise him wherever they go, and some have said "well CBS tells them to say that" the thing about that is, they've all said something different about him and all have high regard for him, and his character. So my point is if they all like him and and one of these are your favorites, how do reconcile the fact or how do you think they'd feel reading derogatory comments about him. And on the "I like Laurence Fishburne, it's the character I don't care for" For me I don't know the actor, haven't hung out with him, nor him me. It's the character I like, as he's the one I see every week, and think he's incredible:thumbsup: the Raskell term to me is insulting, it's Dr. Raymond Langston and Nate Haskell. If this weren't a hit then I would think that they'd of shelved it by now, or ended it. I wonder what fans will say if he comes back for S/12:confused:I think this episode will be riveting and thrilling and scary all of it!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  4. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

I find this argument particularly amusing. They've all said alot of nice things about William Petersen through the years, too. Do they really feel that way or did CBS tell them to say that? How does anyone know?

5. Desertwind

Go figure I knew someone would say that. I've seen most of them on talk shows, or YouTube and they've again all said something different. They could have said something like "oh he's great" very generic, & let it go at that, but I find it amusing that fans refuse to embrace the fact that maybe they are genuine on their liking of him. On WP he's been gone since S/9, so this isn't about him or what they said then. I'm sure they all liked him but he's history on CSI, this is about LF/aka Ray Langston~

George said "he was one of his acting heros
    Cath said "he's fun and a class act and a consumate professional"
    Jorja said "He's got an open mind, and open heart , he's brilliant and he's cool" all different comments. Now whether this is about LF the great actor or Langston the character they work with on the team, whatever, it's apparent that watching the camraderie that they've shown as team members, on CSI, it's working:thumbsup:

6. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Fun, class act, professional, cool, open mind, open heart!? Hmm, these comments are about as vague and generic as they get. It doesn't really say anything out of the ordinary I don't think. While I am sure they all enjoy working with him and respect and admire him, I think that is all it is. I am sure they all would be saying the same thing no matter who had replaced WP. All actors know how to play the PR game.

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Exactly! What are they going to say? I wish they never hired him, we don't like working with him, he's a primadonna, etc. etc.

I'm sure they all like him, but while the show is being filmed and they are under contract they're going to say something nice about him, whether they mean what they say or they don't.

Believe me, it's a game.

Oh and of course they're all going to say something different. If tptb scripted it for them then it would sound fake. :rolleyes:

8. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Desertwind. Respectfully could you not refer to "Ray" as the 'leading man', if anybody were to say he wasn't as important as the rest of the main cast you'd get all menstrual on us, so please don't make out like the rest of the cast are inferior to him.

9. Desertwind

Dr. Ray is the lead of CSI, So respectfully I will call it as I see it, and I never said the rest of the cast were "inferior" to him, quite the contrary, I have continually said how they are all a team and equals & work well with one another and they've all embraced him as one of their own, and he has them. Not my opinion but what the writers have presented to the fans. Whoever is another fans favorite is their own business and I would never insult another fans preference, of their favorite CSI regardless if I liked them or didn't. It's just common decency so "to each one's own" and "different strokes" thank you~And on the comments I will repeat this, they all have said something entirely different pertaining to him.

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Dr Ray is the lead? Last time I checked Catherine had that duty.

11. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Replaced William Petersen + first in the opening credits = Leading man. No matter how you slice it.

The majority consensus on this board is that Ray is inferior to the rest of the cast, so I don't see what the issue is. Remember, you have to be respectful of those of us who hold the opinion that the sun shines out of Ray's ass.

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Part of the problem...again...is when someone says "Ray" when they mean Laurence Fishburne. LF is the lead actor on the show. Ray is not the leader of the CSI team.

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Not going OT this time but I'm curious...what is it about Ray that makes so many people find him inferior and feel he's a failed character? I don't like that he sometimes gets too much screentime, but I don't totally get why there is such a strong dislike of him.

14. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

This was posted in the "Unleashed" thread by BabaO'Reilly a few weeks ago. I thought it was well said and I think it sort of answers your question.

"As to Ray- I am a fan. It saddens me to see the dislike on here so often, especially when it's usually based on people thinking their own "faves" are getting shafted in episodes so he gets more screentime... I for one have been a huge Nick fan since "Who Are You" in season one, and I've never looked back. However, this is an ensemble cast format, as well as having some more headlining actors- getting Laurence Fishburne was probably a bit of a coup for the show when Peterson left, so it seems likely that a) they're paying him pretty well and they want their money's worth, in addition to b) the fact that they want to capitalize on his famous face. And you can pooh pooh at his level of celebrity, but Peterson, Sinise and Caruso were pretty much all at that same level upon joining the various shows. He's the first guy you see in the opening credits for a reason... That's all I'm saying. I ALWAYS want Nick on screen at all times! :lol: But I'm realistic enough to know that's not going to happen. And if you watch an ensemble show thinking you're going to get anything else, you're always going to be disappointed. ;)"

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have to agee with Smoky. Ray is not the lead of the CSI Team, Laurence is the lead of the show. I like Ray. I don't understand why anybody don't like him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.