Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I've been around since the beginning (in fact, sometimes I feel older than dirt :lol:), but some of the posters here have found CSI more recently, or have found it through repeats. I think that the fact that somewhere someone is seeing Big Middle for the first time might be the reason for that type of reaction. Even though I found Vartann's comments offensive, I wouldn't hold a grudge if he knocked on my door and wanted to apologize personally. :devil:

2. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Right. No one here has ever called Ray a stupid ass. No one has ever wished him dead at the hands of Sqweegel or Haskell. No one has ever wished him to be taken down a few notches by Lady Heather, Sofia or whoever. And in response to the question "Do lots of people not like Ray Langston?" no one answered, "Around here, nope." :rolleyes:

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Right. Not liking Ray = bashing. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

No, it's possible to not like without bashing. I don't take note of it so much here though as NY, like someone else said. And it isn't just Lindsay herself, but the D/L ship as well. I think there's a line, and we just have to work at expressing dislike without moving into bashing.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Wow. I thought this was the CSI Season 11 spoiler thread, not the "OMG teh ebil DL h8ers make me sad and I can't post in the NY forum nemore so I'll whine about it here" thread. Obviously, I was mistaken. :rolleyes:

Why should there be an uncrossable "line" when we're all talking about FICTIONAL CHARACTERS?!?! It's not like they can get their feelings hurt by anything that's said about them. If people hate Ray, they should be able to say so just like people who think the sun shines out of Ray's ass are able to post their opinions. If people are taking someone's opinion of their favorite character and internalizing it so they think they're being personally attacked isn't anyones fault but their own.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Ship talk belongs in the ship threads, and bitchy talk about each other doesn't belong anywhere. There is no rule against voicing dislike for a character as we have said over and over. Be respectful of each other, and if you can't do that then put people on "ignore".

7. MacsGirlMel

I was just trying to make the point that we can and should say it without bashing, and should respect the fact that some people do happen to like things we don't, just so people aren't driven away from posting...it can be intimidating to see you're holding a minority opinion sometimes. That was why I mentioned a line before, and why I try to express dislikes of my own in a way that hopefully doesn't upset anyone else.

However, that said, thanks for pointing out the ignore button...I hadn't realized it was there. And I will put the topic aside now so as not to get myself into trouble for pushing too far and 'cause it's not what the thread's for.

I still am not sure about watching the last two eps...I'm not sure if this LA one is going to be another like Hollywood Brass...if other CSIs go with Ray, I might tune in. I just didn't care for the nearly solo Brass focus of that particular ep, even though I like the character. And I've taken to skipping the finales until the season opener airs, just so I'm not left hanging all summer. Although sometimes I forget to watch at all lol

8. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I believe at least Nick is in the LA episode...

9. MacsGirlMel

OK, that might be cool. I'll wait and look at the cast list when it comes out.

10. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I can't remember from where I read it, probably here, but I was under the assumption that it was Nick, Ray, and Cath that goes to L.A. on the Haskell thing. Even if no one but Ray goes, they'll still be listed in the credits though, so I'm not sure how much help they will be. I am sincerely hoping it is a *team* effort. I've lost track of the spoiler order for the episodes, is the L.A. episode the finale, or the one before?

11. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Second to the last because LA is where Ecklie's daughter is. I was also basing my assumption of Nick being in LA because I thought he gets stopped on the Santa Monica Pier.

12. Smokey

Yes, that's right. "Cello and Goodbye", episode 1121. :)

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I was thinking that they all (or at least most) make it to LA. I was thinking that the guy/detective in this pic with Catherine, Nick, & Sara was that LAPD Det. Sosa guy. They did say 'team' not that their definition of team is always the same as ours.

Susan

14. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Thanks both of you. It's hard to keep up with what is verified and what is dreamed up in someone's imagination...

15. Smokey

I know! :lol: I always just go over to the Spoiler Reference thread since it's easier to find things without wading through all of the conversation. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.