Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

If we're talking about characters, then: Catherine replaced Grissom as shift supervisor. Nick replaced Grissom as "senior male CSI." Ray replaced Greg as "newest CSI." :) If we're talking about actors, then yes, LF replaced WP as male lead on the show. Which has nothing to do with his character's position in the fictional Las Vegas crime lab. :rolleyes:

Interesting news about this new girl. I hope any conflict between her and Ecklie doesn't return Ecklie to the jerk he was in earlier seasons - I actually like him a lot now (although still just as recurring, not full-time :)). Will Jorja Fox be back full-time next season? If so, she's a more mature female character too. I was hoping for a Wendy return too though. :(

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Wow fastest promotion ever! Looks like she impressed tptb. Looking forward to her.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oops! I meant to say Frankie. I blame my confusion on the headache from hell that just won't go away lol. Nah, I definitely don't think they'll bring Sofia back full time. And I would LOVE for Wendy to come back. I really miss her. I was just kind of neutral on Sofia (only liked her scenes with Brass and Sara, she didn't really have chemistry with anyone else IMO), but I adored Wendy. She was fabulous. As for Frankie, she seems like a cool character. She's not been there enough to be really, completely fleshed out yet, but she could definitely work as a full time character. And they did once have two cops in the opening credits when Sofia was there, so, its possible they could do that format again. Frankie had great chemistry with the entire cast (or at least anyone she had scenes with lol). I think she'd be a decent fit... and like I said, it would be at least be better than having to get to know an entirely new character LOL. And Katee is well known enough, I think.

I wasn't referring to character status as within the show's world. I was referring to it how like on Mentalist, Jane is the lead male character even though he's not in charge and not a cop, technically. In that way, Ray is the male lead character... but Nick is the male lead CSI. :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  4. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I'm glad we're finally getting a new female. I won't judge her until I see her though. :lol:

But yeah, I was kinda hoping one of the former ladies of the show, Louise or Liz, would have come back. Oh well...

5. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I'm so happy that Ecklie's daughter will join the team next season.CSI desperately needs some female blood!!

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

New girl? I'll have to see how she is before I say I am happy to have a new addition or not. I am familiar with the actress but the character I might not like. You can like an actor but dislike the character they play.

7. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Not to be a skeptic, but since the show hasn't technically been renewed and the other people like George, Eric, Paul, Laurence, Jorja, Marg do not have contracts so they are not technically appearing next season YET....why is there reports about a new series regular that no one has seen yet? Has not TPTB learned anything about CSI fans and bringing in new "untested" people?

8. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I love Lis Harnois, she rocked on 'Miami Medical'. If she's joining the cast she's too young to replace Marg really, I've got a feeling she'll replace Jorja, and Jorja will replace Marg as leading-lady (but not Supervisor)

9. Frosch

Frosch Witness

I frankly do not see JF as a lead actress. Considering her age and the fact that she has never been a lead actress before, I don’t see how she suddenly now would be considered lead material. The fact that she’s the last and only woman standing isn’t really reason enough, I don’t think? Does there even have to be a female ‘lead’ on the show?
    Maybe, with the money that they save on MH’s salary, they can bring in another young, unknown actor along with Elisabeth Harnois (good move to hire her imo:thumbsup:) Having one or two completely new characters could also take away some of the focus off Ray which might be a good thing and having the old cast interact with new people would open up whole new possibilities.

10. byline

byline CSI Level One

I do. Given her history on this series, and how much she has grown since its inception, I feel she is the most logical person to move up once Marg leaves. Jorja certainly has the fan base and following to ensure a long and fruitful life for Sara.

IMO, a new cast member should be exactly that: new. And the character should be introduced as such. That's something I believe was a mistake that the powers that be made with Laurence Fishburne. It's fine to hire an actor with his credentials, but you can't expect your audience to just immediately accept him as the primary focus of attention on a beloved team that's been intact for years. So the new person should be introduced slowly, gradually finding his or her place within the team (just as any new person would in the real world).

Don't get me wrong; I like Ray, and I really like the way he was introduced. It was such a novel concept (at least, for network TV) to have this character, a longstanding professional in different fields, but not forensics. They should have continued having him be the student, not the teacher, and flesh out the conflicts that would create for someone of Ray's background, rather than fast-tracking him into a leadership role, as seems to be the case. As I noted in another thread, Fishburne is a fine actor; he could play the complexities of a lead character who's not in a leadership role. But there seems to be a lack of imagination on the part of the powers that be (which extends to the writing team, since they take their marching orders from the producers) on how to make that happen, and do it in a believable way.

11. Frosch

Frosch Witness

But how would that go over if JF became a ‚lead’ while GE would still not be one? Considering that JF left the show for almost 2 years while GE stayed with the show the entire time? I know JF has a very loyal and dedicated fan base but I imagine GE has an equally loyal and dedicated fan base. I don’t think they’d be too thrilled with that idea.

Agree with you here:)

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I agree with you as well...it's just too bad they didn't stick with it.

13. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I'm curious as to what her age has to do with it? Are you saying she's too young or too old?

14. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Might as well give my two cents on the subject...

I feel that TPTB are going to string out however many episodes Marg agrees to do next season to last as long as they can (unless she gets it stated otherwise in the contract). And as long as she has an episode to do she will be listed as the lead female and in the opening credits.

Susan

15. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I think that if Marg comes out of the opening credits, then they should just leave it as is...LF, GE, JF, ES and so on. Jorja could technically be the "female" lead without upsetting anyone else. Although I suspect that fans worry much more about credit placement and screentime than the actual actors...:shifty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.