Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

No Sara rolleyes ('Unleased') at the end of the promo? Hahaha perfect for Haskell! I wish someone would upload an edited version on YouTube. :guffaw:

2. byline

byline CSI Level One

There have been some good, non-Haskell episodes this season. I'm fine with seeing Ray, but just think this impending showdown between him and Haskell is utterly predictable and completely lacking in dramatic tension. Both my husband and I feel this way. In our opinion, it's too bad the powers that be chose this path, because until that happened, we were really enjoying this season. If they're using both Lady Heather and Sofia as an excuse to further this story, rather than bringing them back for more thematically valid reasons (like writing a good story around those characters), then it really makes me sad, because "CSI" never used to resort to this tired, old TV tactic.

3. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Great to see Sophia back, she looks the same as when we last saw her, thought Louise did a great job with the character so interested to see how she portray her as a Deputy Chief.

Hopefully Ray will get the brunt of her wrath as he's been screwing up in this whole Raskell fiasco since his first episode (when they were trying to locate the cabin). Any anger towards Cath and Brass would be expected in terms of supervising their people and taking some risky decisions that have back fired (when i say back fired again Ray played his part). I'd imagine Brass and Catherine would take the criticism on the chin, not make a big deal with it, and move on.

I'm slightly disappointed with this season considering it started out with such promise with some inventive stand alone episodes. Hopefully CSI will steer clear of the multi-episode storylines next season.

EDT just saw your comment about this season byline, couldn't agree more

4. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

What I think is really sad is the unabashed desire for Ray to get his come-uppance from whoever the guest star du jour is. I get that this board is anti-Ray (understatement of the year, I know), but the nonstop Ray bashing gets old.

5. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

I couldn't agree more. They are really trying to scare away any one who likes Ray, I wish someone would do something about it, because he really is a great CSI.

6. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

I get that it's not great to read differing opinions on a character you like (i'm a Vartann fan so dealt with the bashing his character took after Big Middle).

However, with everything in life, people will have differing opinions and on an ensemble show not everyone is going to feel the same way about every character (it's what makes forum discussions interesting). I liked Ray in his first few episodes and Laurence remains an accomplished actor, what i don't like is the way the writer's dealt with the character development.

I apologise if my opinion upset you, but we've all had times in this shows history where our favourite characters have been disliked.

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

The constant negative and sarcastic remarks from your posts get old too. :/

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  8. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I don't see the sarcasm or how it is any different from some of the other posters on here. Realistically, did this poster say anything that wasn't pretty much the truth? Most here don't like "Raskell" or whatever and are very vocal about it. Are we all suppose to agree all the time? :thumbsup:

And to Sinclair, totally agree. I think it's human nature to get a bit shall we say testy when we think someone we like is being talked about negatively. I think what bothers me the most sometimes is that what gets old is the constant complaining about something that's been said and done years ago. Like still disliking Vartann for what he said in Big Middle. Wow I would absolutely hate to carry a grudge for that long...:(

9. byline

byline CSI Level One

For me, it's not about Ray, the character, but more the way the writers are writing him this season (and that, of course, is controlled by the powers that be). I thought that Haskell was an amazing character in his initial two-episode arc, but then someone decided he had to be turned into Ray's arch-nemesis, and for me that's when things started falling apart.

I also liked the way Ray was introduced; someone who's a longtime professional, but new to this particular field of forensics. But then I felt they were forcing him into a leadership role far too quickly. I understand that Laurence Fishburne is being paid big bucks, and so the show runners need to maximize their use of someone of that calibre. Fishburne is a wonderful actor and doesn't have to be cast as the leader to be in a lead role. But there seems to be a lack of imagination on how to make that happen.

10. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

Exactly! I have absolutely nothing against Fishburne or the character of Ray. However, he was forced down our throats too much too quickly. His introduction was handled very well, but they should have focused more on Catherine, Nick, and Greg those first few episodes after Grissom left rather than the show's becoming "Super Ray" right off the bat.

In hindsight, the producers panicked when Peterson left by feeling the need to have a high profile actor take his place. They should have simply made Marg the lead with George as the new male lead and hired a lower priced younger TV actor with a following as a new CSI.

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Who bashes Ray here? I think no one. The posts about Ray hereare more polite than comments about Lindsay (and Anna Belknap) in NY thread. Yikes if you're a fan of Lindsay, you better not come in the NY thread at all.

12. byline

byline CSI Level One

Yeah, I've read a few of those discussions, and by comparison, Ray gets treated pretty well here.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The "Mooove" comment from Nick was hilarious! I also loved when Brass said about Haskell, "He's like The Joker, without the laughs". :)

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

The haters even posts at the only thread where Lindsay fans (myself included) posts. :rolleyes: Ridiculous. But there are other places for her fans so I don't give a damn about the shit they say anymore.

Here, the only reason Ray gets in the hot water is screentime that's all.

15. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I loved the Joker line. I really am looking forward to this episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.