Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

<deleted>

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I agree with this. I mean it sounds to me like it is still going to be the Ray Langston show again this season. And I'm sorry but him taking all these classes to become a CSI level 2 already? I thought it was cases solved and not based on their classes. What a way to change the history of becoming a CSI on this show.

If they ever make him above Greg or Nick, giving orders, that is the day I stop watching. They have been on the show 10 years...he has yet to put a full year in. :scream:

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Interesting..will they be bringing in the team from "What Not To Wear"?:lol:

I'm just saying. They could have a whole show with the hosts walking around with Langston, then they stop Nick in the hall, stick him in front of the mirror, shake their heads and say, "Dear God, where do you get those awful shirts." While they're at it, they grab Greg and say, "The hair has got to go!"

And off they go, dragging Langston, Nick and Greg on a shopping spree in a special edition of CSI:What Not To Wear

4. hehe_haha_hoho

hehe_haha_hoho Civilian

Please, who actually bothers about what Ray is wearing? Just shove him out of my screen and I'll be the most grateful. (No offense to LF's fans) I was looking through Season 9 for an episode to rewatch, and find myself skipping several episodes as they were too Ray-centred. In the end I settled for episodes before Grissom left.

And I totally miss the old Greg! He is totally underused and under-developed in the recent seasons. And now, will he receive orders from Ray (to do Archie's job) again??? Certainly hope not!

Congras to Nick's promotion to whatever position he'll be promoted to. Just glad that he's finally promoted! :thumbsup:

Please give Catherine, Nick, Greggie, and the lab rats more character development/screentime. They, and us fans, deserve it for sticking around for so long.:)

5. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

:brickwall: Idon't understand that when Jorja/Sara is in CSI,the people always are saying: THE GSR IS RUINING THE SHOW...THE SHOW DOES IT FOR HERSELF. Sara is come back to help Cath and to the team,after will be WP.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Not everyone liked it, though.

The cases themselves are the star of the show, but when it came to personal development of the characters, there was very little other than GSR so it felt like the writers had chosen to develop two or three characters but not the others.

After Grave Danger (one of the highest rated episodes), there was more interest in Nick than ever, however, the following season the writers chose to develop GSR further instead of focussing on Nick Stokes's recovery.

So that's why there's a feeling of 'GSR ruined the show' amongst nonGSR fans.

Not to mention, it was a romance which seem to polarize the fans, which I think the writers enjoyed watching.

7. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

I disagree,after GD the season 6 was not GSR. Only at the of the sixth the writers gave more importance to romance. Maybe this story is more interesting.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

But CSI was never meant to be a romance show, it was a crime show.

The only reason TPTB decided to make the romance canon was to compete with Grey's Anatomy which was moved to Thursday nights. It was a futile effort, because Grey's won and is still winning the key demographic of 18-49.

9. dandylion

dandylion Hit and Run

Okay, "CSI:What Not To Wear" made me laugh very hard. At least NS's explanation made more sense than some of the other stuff I read. At first, I pictured a makeover montage, too. :)

My two cents on the Wendy thing: I would much rather see her out in the field (or Hodges for that matter...or with Hodges, even) than to have to see another new person. We already know her chemistry with the team is good, and it would be a much easier transition. At least for me.

Oh yes, and more Greg and Nick, please.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

CSI what not to wear. :guffaw: Too funny!

I agree about Wendy, but I don't want Hodges out in the field. He doesn't even like to be out in the field. :lol: I like Hodges in the trace lab. :lol: But yeah, Wendy would be a much easier transition and they should have done this in the first place even though I adored Riley the minute she brought Greg's funny back out. I'm sure Wendy could bring some of Greg's humor out too. They always have had nice chemistry (not in a shippy way of course).

Yes, please. Especially Greg who has been somewhat neglected these past few seasons.

11. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

Only is a crime show? In a crime show the people also be in love. Bones, CSI Miami,NY etc...and if it had been another couple?

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Anyone know which if any of the labrats will be in the first episode? Just curious.

13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

i have a dumb question what does tptb stand for??:confused:

and CSI: What not to wear and csi and its LF problem love those:guffaw::thumbsup:

14. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

tptb = The Powers That Be

About the only thing a get from reading all these stories is that they are going to start pushing the rest of the cast (as in George, Marg, Eric) out! TPTB seem to have tremendous respect for Fishburne but none of those articles give you the feeling that they have all that much respect for the others. :(

nanigsr, it's the feeling that they made room for a romance in a show that they keep telling us will not turn into a soap opera. For me personally it was seeing the team split for a second time so they could support that romance. Once they decided to make GSR real they seemed to be split into the Grissom, Sara, Greg team and the Catherine, Nick, Warrick team on the majority of the cases. That's what bothers me about Sara coming back and make them a cohesive team. I didn't see them as a cohesive team when she left.

Susan

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  15. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Actually that happened after "Ch-Ch-Changes", well before GSR became a canon thing (and was delegated to wink-wink-nudge-nudge). After Nick was rescued from his kidnapping, Grissom told Ecklie he wanted his guys back, and they 're-joined' the teams.

The only split after that was when Sara went to Swing Shift to keep dating Grissom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.