Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Call your lawyers E!!!:lol:

2. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Oh also i remember one of the writers had said last season that he(or she?) liked ''Dexter'' alot while talking about Ray. That would really make Ray more interesting character and bring some excitement to the show i think ;)

3. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Now THAT right there would get me intrigued again. But I'm afraid our PTB are a little too two dimensional to do anything like that. Plus, as much as I like the idea of a vigilante CSI, it's all that original. They had one on SVU twice, Dexter, and a few other shows I can't think of off the top of my head. But I guess after being on air for 10 seasons, and 200+ episodes, creativity is kind of one of the first things to go.

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yeah, but they could do it where Ray is a serial killer. Not a vigilante killer, but an all-out, cold-hearted killer. He seems to have the IQ for one, so why not? I don't think the other CSI shows have done that and that would be a shock and come out of left field.

5. erep

erep Witness

I hate the idea of Ray being a serial killer. Shock value is one thing, but it's not enough for a story.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think they could play the split-personality angle and where Ray doesn't know he's got SPD and doesn't know that he's the one physically doing the acts.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

NAH, he's too nice, and was horrified when he had that serial killer on video, showing it to his students. It's definitely not going to be him:confused:

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

^ Yeah, but that's the beauty of a story about split personalities. When writing a character with split personality disorder, you are in essence writing two completely different characters. So one could be as sweet as cherry pie while the other personality can be as wicked as sin. And in most cases, the main person is unaware of the existence of the bad personality.

Of course it most likely would never happen on the show, but it would at least be interesting and different and like I said, coincides with what they were saying about his character in the beginning. Does anyone have the quote I'm talking about? I can't remember exactly what it was. I only remember the basics. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That has happened, that's what people said about the "GREEN RIVER KILLER" & [I sometimes wonder about my neighbor a real creep...] so then if this is a reality he's a really really good actor,:eek: I doubt it though, it'll probably be someone we don't know as of yet.

10. electra

electra Pathologist

I have to admit that it could be good having Ray be a vigilante.I don't like much the spoilers about Catherine but I will give it a chance.

11. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

CSI is a procedural crime show and not a soap. The thing is, it's okay to have a little romance on any crime show, please note the operative word little, but GSR overshadowed everything else on CSI and polarized the fans into pro-GSR and anti-GSR, which really wasn't good. As for putting on GSR to compete with Grey's? Bad decision as Grey's would win in the romance department any time, hands down, and I'm not even into the whole Meredith-Derek thing. :p

12. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

I don't remember the exact quote either, but more or less, it said that Ray Langston had the "serial killer gene" or something like that.

I'd like that storyline. The killer with (actual) split personality disorder. It would be interesting and new. And since Dr. Jekyll seems to be so skilled he leaves immaculate crime scenes, what I hope is that 1. he/she's a real doctor (as in medical doctor, or someone with a P.H.D.), and 2. it's either someone we already know, or someone we give a damn about (as a person, not just as a killer).

Ok, the fact that GSR became real doesn't mean that it overshadowed the show. In actuality, the GSR didn't take much time from the rest of the show. If it's such a big deal now is because fans (both shippers and antis, and casual ones too) made it that way by showing interest, whether it's positive of negative, and (possibly) because some people started to think that Sara time or Grissom time = GSR time, which isn't always true. On the show, GSR was a little romance. Fans made it big, so the media made it big, so (naturally) TPTB made it big.

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I am going to weigh in on this GSR debate, such as why is the WHOLE thing being discussed here? You want to debate GSR or anyother ship on any of the three shows, please do so in Shipper Centeral, in their respective threads or the debate thread.

The rule of this thread states regarding ships.. (page/post 1)
    "The only time any ship discussion is allowed in here is when it pertains to said ep, ship or scene, should the ep not contain a ship moment then it does not belong in this thread or forum, but rather in the "Shipper Central" forum."

May I also add that before saying, "but the past history pertains to current spoiler" try again. ONLY as it pertains to the ep, ship, scene. Moving on now. ;)

14. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

So let me get this straight so I'm not confused. If Dustin Lee Abraham twitters a picture of Brass and Catherine kissing, then we can talk about Brasscat???:rolleyes:

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

^Yeah, pretty much. Well, it would have to be about how exactly that would come about, but pretty much.

I'm not entirely sure that what's been said about Sara "helping" Catherine is being worded properly... it seems like something that when we see it actually won't be as bad as it sounds. Then again, it'd be hard to be as bad as it sounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.