**Season 10 Spoiler Lab - Bienvenido a Miami!**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

We'll if you believe in what Al Gore has said about Global Warming, this many be why we are see these big changes in the weather. Speaking of the weather, so do not understand why some of CSI-Miami is filmed in L.A., instead of Miami. It's because of the climate, L.A. is not as hot and humid as Miami is, and two CBS has acres of studio sets in L.A.

2. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

It could be a flashback to when they were getting married.

For one, I think it does look like Horatio's wedding suit or whatever. And two, how could you tell if that's for sure not a flashback? It's a picture with no editing. To make the flashbacks they have to film it in real life and then put it on the computer and add special effects and such.

3. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

So I go on vacation to celebrate my birthday, and I come back to this?! Happy 21st to me indeed. I think I need to exercise my newfound ability to consume a cocktail or two.:rolleyes::beer:

DO NOT WANT MARISOL. I love Alana De La Garza, but please, the time for Marisol is over. The only semi-acceptable way they could include her is in a flashback. A supernatural ghost-like experience would be terrible. This is a show based on science. Whether or not you believe in ghosts or the supernatural, you have to admit including a ghost or a supernatural event does not fit in with this particular show. They tried it in Season 8, so now they can say they've done it once, and there's no need to do it again.

I don't know about Al Gore, but I do know that I believe in what 90-97% of scientists agree on- that climate change is "very likely" affected by human activity. ;)

I'm confused- are you saying you do understand or don't understand why CSI:Miami is primarily filmed in L.A. as opposed to Miami. It seems like you're saying you do, as you mention the favorable weather and the fact that CBS studios are based in California, and those are definitely benefits of shooting in L.A. rather than Miami. Another related factor is money- most TV shows are anchored in either NYC or L.A. It's more expensive to film on location because there are costs for transportation of cast, crew, and equipment (I suppose it's also possible to rent equipment on-location instead of paying for it to be moved, but that's definitely an expense). It's also more time-consuming, because of the extra hours/days needed for transportation, in addition to time needed to research a state or town's laws regarding filming in public places. It's likely the producers will have to apply for a permit and/or tax credit, which can take a while to process. Of course, the people who do all this research and applications for permits are employees of the network, and must be paid for the time and effort they put into it.

tl;dr- it's much cheaper for CBS to film in/around L.A.

4. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

5. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

LOVE (and agree with) your comment!

6. baybeehannah

baybeehannah Witness

7. CSI_Miamilover

CSI_Miamilover Witness

I agree also! He looks so handsome XD xx

8. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I have to agree, Horatio looks great, but then he usually does!:)

9. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Ahhh I'm so jealous of her getting to meet Rex and Eva... the only thing that would have made it better was if she got to meet David too!

That's wonderful for her. I know she's a true fan and I'm glad she got the opportunity.

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Does anyone have a screencap of when Horatio & Marisol got married? We could do a side-by-side comparison. :)

11. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Yeah i have got one or two of Horatio & Marisol

EDA: Horatio & Marisol

Horatio & Marisol

12. Furbi

Furbi Witness

I'd say both their outfits are different...

13. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

You're right Furbi. The outfits are different, but I think they tried to make them look the same and most viewers would not check the detail to see they are not.

14. Furbi

Furbi Witness

What does that say about us??? ;)

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I didn't check but I also knew they weren't the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.