Script Errors, Mistakes & Goofs

Re: Errors

In Boom, Catherine calls Robbins "David". At the time, they hadn't yet given him a first name so they went with the actor's name (Robert David Hall is called David). In the Companion, his name is stated to be Albert David Robbins, so they could cover up the change in names.

In the episode, Donna Marks is killed by walking through a patio door. Then Warrick has to try to piece together the door, etc. etc. etc. The only problem is all patio doors use Tempered glass. They're made that way to prevent the exact thing that happens to Donna in this episode. Last October, I actually got to go to a major window manufacturer and see a 2x4 shot out of a cannon directly at a patio door. Wanna know what happened? The glass broke, sure, but it all stayed in the door frame . Federal building codes require all patio doors and all windows near bathtubs/front entranceways to be Tempered so a person (or an object from the outside) cannot go through it.

Have they always used tempered glass for patio doors? Maybe it was an older door, from before they started doing this. I used to watch Rescue 911 and I remember an episode of that in which a little girl was standing on a chair and it tipped over and she fell through a patio door. The glass shattered just like in this episode and the girl was cut really badly.
In my mom's house, which was built in the 50s, my brother punched the glass patio door, and the glass shattered almost as if someone were pushed through it. I always thought what happened in the episode was pretty conceivable based on my experience with patio doors.

Since I'm such a compulsive freak, when I get to work tomorrow I'll check out when exactly using that kind of glass in patio doors became manditory. :p I do know that they've had tempered glass for a very long time, though.

It's not really an error but in "Snuff" when Catherine and Sara are in the film processing plant looking through the film strips after Sara says something, Catherine tries to hold back a laugh :).

This is not technically an error either, but have you guys seen the blooper where William Petersen cracks up during the "I could have been a rock star" scene in "Cats in the Cradle"? In the actual episode, you can tell that he's trying really hard to hold back the laugh. It's kind of cute, really! :)

In Boom, Catherine calls Robbins "David". At the time, they hadn't yet given him a first name so they went with the actor's name (Robert David Hall is called David). In the Companion, his name is stated to be Albert David Robbins, so they could cover up the change in names.

Ah, thanks for that omaetoy - that's helpful, I couldn't remember the epi it was from and I guess it wasn't an actual blooper anyway. Nice avatar by the way - very glitzy :D

In the Companion, his name is stated to be Albert David Robbins, so they could cover up the change in names.

I noticed in the companion, however, that on Al's photocard it says P. Robbins & it's signed that as well. everywhere else, it says A. Robbins though.

In the Companion, his name is stated to be Albert David Robbins, so they could cover up the change in names.

I noticed in the companion, however, that on Al's photocard it says P. Robbins & it's signed that as well. everywhere else, it says A. Robbins though.

I know. The Companion is not canon. I was just commenting that they knew they made a mistake in season 1, so they tried to cover it in the Companion, but then they made even more goofs, so....

In "Stalker," after Nick is pushed out of the window, Catherine and Grissom go back to Nigel's apartment. They show the building from the outside and the window isn't broken.

Thats not really an error... they can close them manually and they often do. If not in autopsy, defintely later in the process. (My dad is a mortician)

In the epiosde "The execution of Catherine Willows"
When Catherine is walking down the hall Greg comes down the steps and joins her. This is very hard to notice but: Greg's zipper is down and he looks down and notices then pulls lis lab coat in front of him. Really check it out!!
It's cool that Eric can stay in character after he realizes this!

In the epiosde "The execution of Catherine Willows"
When Catherine is walking down the hall Greg comes down the steps and joins her. This is very hard to notice but: Greg's zipper is down and he looks down and notices then pulls lis lab coat in front of him. Really check it out!!
It's cool that Eric can stay in character after he realizes this!

That's so funny. I'll definitely have to watch for that the next time that episode is on.

On CBS's website under the charcters section on CSI they said Catherine was born on a ranch in Montana but i thought she was born in Nevada.

In one of the episodes, Greg quotes a song artist and lyrics. Can't quite remember what they were talking about, or if he's just referring to some forensic termm but he says that..."He Ain't Heavy, (He's My Brother" was by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes.

That song is performed by the Hollies, or need be, Neil Diamond. If they did and I have never heard about it shame on me, but I seriously doubt it, because Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes typically sings disco, and that song definitely isn't disco.

Back