Say NO to Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read your continuation allstar12 and it kind of reminds me of my former teacher. A couple of years ago I confided in him that I fancy both sexes and he more or less warned me for openly telling it during job interviews (for teacher) because he himself, as homosexual, had experienced that he was not given a job because of his preference of gender. The school was affraid what harm it might to do the children!! :mad: Seriously!! WTF!!?? I don't get easily angry about things, but this... I don't know.. I just don't get certain people. Although...

Of course I have to end with a nice example that I had experienced myself: I was teaching at secondary school, 15-year-olds, and they always want to know personal stuff about you when you're new, so of course the question came up: "Miss, do you have a boyfriend?" Nope, no boyfriend. Then one of the boys asked: "What about a girlfriend?" and I'm telling you guys, they were acting as if it was the most normal thing to ask.. no giggling, no discrimination, no homophobia remarks whatsoever! That class really stole my heart :)

JayneEmilysRealm said:
I just read your continuation allstar12 and it kind of reminds me of my former teacher. A couple of years ago I confided in him that I fancy both sexes and he more or less warned me for openly telling it during job interviews (for teacher) because he himself, as homosexual, had experienced that he was not given a job because of his preference of gender. The school was affraid what harm it might to do the children!! :mad: Seriously!! WTF!!?? I don't get easily angry about things, but this... I don't know.. I just don't get certain people. Although...

Something like that is going on now, in Jersey I believe. A former male school teacher had a sex change and now parents are petitioning to have her removed because they think their children will be harmed psychologically. They also refer to the teacher as "that" which pisses me off.

ETA: Here's the link to the article: Community Divided Over Transgender Teacher

Exactly, forensicgirl. Stuff like that makes me sick because it makes you wonder what these parents are teaching their kids about acceptance and understanding. People shouldn't be allowed to have kids when their train of thought is like that.

^^^ Yeah, no kidding. To me, to be able to see a person successfully complete a sex change would be a world and mind-expanding experience. God forbid your kids bear witness to anything that might educate them to the real world, and make them more understanding of people's differences. Open-mindedness? Yeah, who needs it?
:rolleyes:

another fascinating thread. I'm usually lost in Nickland but wandered over to Misc. Don't know if anyone else is from Colorado or there about but oh our "opinion" section of the local paper was interesting to read when Brokeback Mountain came to play.

The very Christian people wrote about how Hollywood was shoving the gay lifestyle down our throats and trying to turn us all gay. Someone responded and said. Yes, that is a problem, when I saw the Godfather I joined the mafia, When I saw Shindler's list I became a jew, when I saw...you get the drift. The Christian also said that hollywood should go back to making real movies about real people. The response from the second person was "yeah, like Spiderman, Superman, Batman, all real people.

Of course the paper was inundated with biblical quotes. All I can say is didn't the bible say something like "judge not lest yee be judged"

You know, it really bugs me that some Christians use their religion as a license to be asses to other people. I'm a Christian. I'm also bisexual, and guess what? The two can be compatible. In the town where I grew up, we had a male to female transsexual. In fact, she was related to one of my closest friends. Thank God my parents didn't teach me to think of her as a freak or a sinner.

/Apologies for the disjointed nature of this post. My blood sugar is low.

He heh! I'm going to write a letter to the editor complaining about "Your Kind"! :lol:

Seriously. Maybe that's the answer. If we all complain about ridiculous things (like the crazy Right Wing Christian Fundamentalists) then maybe their complaints would no longer stand out. ;)

I'm seriously considering rewriting Jonathan Swift's A modest proposal and giving it a homophobian-swing to it.. giving solutions on how to get rid of homophobes! Ok, so I have no real arguments as of yet.. but I'll be working on it!

I'm also going to watch and thoroughly enjoy Stephen Rae's The Crying Game just to annoy all the homophobes in this world! :p

again, it is funny to live in cowboy Colorado country and watch movies like The Crying Game. Cracked me up to hear all the good ol'boys lusting after "her" and then when it was revealed, well, let's just say it was a "priceless" moment in the theatre that day.

beance said:
again, it is funny to live in cowboy Colorado country and watch movies like The Crying Game. Cracked me up to hear all the good ol'boys lusting after "her" and then when it was revealed, well, let's just say it was a "priceless" moment in the theatre that day.
:lol: ohhh how much I wished I could've been there at that moment :lol: Well I had no idea what the movie was about, some friend told me to watch it, so I bought the dvd and watched it without knowing exactly what it was about.. and I was rather.. uhm.. surprised :lol:

^^^ Yeah, I remember seeing The Crying Game with my friend Dean and he literally gasped when he found out "she" was a "he"! He was laughing so hard later: "I thought she was hot". It was hilarious. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back