Say NO to Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
beautifulview said:

OH. in my school (yeah i know) today, this really homophobic girl raised her hand during english.
she said Once, there was this girl in my camp bunk, and she was kinda touchy feely, and i always got weirded out around her. well, one night, she came over to my bunk and said "i'm bi" and i kicked her out of the cabin. i mean, what if she you know... put a move on me? i had to kick her out...

:mad: i get so mad with this girl. she won't even accept-shewont- *breathes*

Seriously, those kinda people aren't even worth being mad over.. it's a waste of energy honestly! I occasionally sleep in my friend's bed (she has a double bed) after clubbing and she's always: "Ok, Jayney, here's (and she makes a sign) where I'm drawing an invisible border" But I know she means it in a funny way, if she didn't accept me than I wouldn't even been allowed to share a double bed with her.. she knows there's no danger and I'm not getting all touchy and feely with every single woman on this earth.

I just found out that my friend Jasmine's cousin, who is a girl, is dating another girl. So Jas got all worked up and then just now, we all went out to town for awhile. Then Jas had to spoil our good afternoon by bringing up her cousin's dating habits. Went something like this:

Jas: How could you date a girl? You know it's wrong but you still do it..
Cuz: Dating someone I love is wrong?
Jas: You don't love a girl. It's all in your head.
Me: Let's get a hotdog.

Then Jaz told me to shut up and she kept rambling on about how unnatural it is blah blah. I told her she shouldn't think too much. That it could be a phase of growing up but she was saying I was taking sides. And then she ended up hating me again. :lol: I mean, a feeling that a relationship between two girls could be beyond friendship could be a phase right?

I mean, a feeling that a relationship between two girls could be beyond friendship could be a phase right?
Yeah, I think it can yup! Some of my friends had that phase. It's finding out about yourself and others. All those friends are all straight now.. for as far as you can call them straight :lol:

When I told my mum I was also fancying women she thought I was going through some phase and that I always wanted to be different than other people.. but I think now she realises I was rather serious about it. :)

Yeah, parents sometimes think it as a joke to scare them or something. I actually know the girl Angela[the cousin] is dating and she seems harmless. So, oh what the heck, just date her! :lol:

You know what bugs me? When people find out that you're gay or bi and think that, because of that, you plan on sleeping with every woman that crosses your path. It just don't work like that!

In my first year at University, I lived in a house with three other girls - all straight and two of them had boyfriends. One day, one of the girls picked something up for me while she was shopping. It was nothing much, a token really, but I thanked her for being so thoughtful and gave her a hug. Later on, when I was in the kitchen, her boyfriend cornered me and told me if I layed another hand on his woman, he'd forget I was a girl and kick my head in. Hello? It was a friendly hug for ****'s sake! I hug everyone! I'm fairly certain I'm not trying to get into everyone's pants!!! :mad:

This is the crap that we have to put up with all the time. And it is such bullshit.

Well said fogi!! I know exactly what you mean and it pisses me off too! Some people really do believe that I wish to sh*g everything that's - what we'd say in Holland - loose and firm!

I was over at friends one time and one of their boyfriends made some remark about me.. and I'm sure it wasn't meant like that, but I was rather in a bad mood already, so I picked up the coffee table (it was a small one, I'm not that strong you know :)) and I said: "Excuse me while I go to the bathroom and sh*g your table!!" :mad:

One of my friend's sent me this the other day and I thought I'd post it here. This hit me really hard, I actually teared up when I read it .. [sorry, it's a little long]

I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.

I am the prostitute working the streets because nobody will hire a transsexual woman.

I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.

We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.

I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.

I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.

I am one of the lucky ones, I guess. I survived the attack that left me in a coma for three weeks, and in another year I will probably be able to walk again.

I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.

We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.

I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.

I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.

I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.

I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.

I am the man who died when the paramedics stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.

I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didn’t have to always deal with society hating me.

I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don't believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind.

I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most: love.

allstar12 said:
One of my friend's sent me this the other day and I thought I'd post it here. This hit me really hard, I actually teared up when I read it .. [sorry, it's a little long]

I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.

wow that was really sad...but very true. this ^ almost happened to my uncle and his partner when he was in the hopital. Thankfully he was released from the hospital and got to pass peacefuly at home with my uncle. I miss him a ton. :(

Allstar, your post left me in tears because, sadly, it is all too true. This part affected me deeply:

Has anyone watched "If These Walls Could Talk 2"? Its a HBO movie, made up of three stories - (1961, 1972, 2000) - the storyline of "1961" breaks my heart everytime. Two older women who have lived together for years (if memory serves, it's around 40 years) are struck by tragedy when one of them has an accident and dies. Her family (a nephew) arrive and, because he is "legally" next of kin, he gets everything and decides to sell the house (the house is in his aunt's name, even it belonged to both women and the surviving partner paid for half of it) She has no rights, cannot grieve for her lost love because they loved in secret. She is a grieving widow, but is not acknowledged as such.

The sad thing is that, unless gay marriage and the rights associated with it is implimented EVERYWHERE, this will continue to be the case. People will still live with someone there entire life and have no rights after their death. Yes, we've moved on from 1961, things can be done legally to secure peoples rights, but we have not yet moved far enough. We need EQUAL RIGHTS, not just for some, but for EVERYONE

I just found out that my cousin is a lesbian and even though she hasn't officially come out to anyone but her mom and sister, is it normal for me to feel akward around her? im really struggling with it, just because it feels like she's a different person now...i just dont know what to do.

You need to remember: She's still the same person. Treat her the same. Think about why you feel awkward and analyze it- do you really care who she's attracted to? It has nothing to do with you, in the long run.

Now, if you didn't get along with her before, then that's a different story... :lol:

iluvEricSzmanda said:
I just found out that my cousin is a lesbian and even though she hasn't officially come out to anyone but her mom and sister, is it normal for me to feel akward around her? im really struggling with it, just because it feels like she's a different person now...i just dont know what to do.

Your cousin isn't any different than she was before she came out to you. The only difference is that you now know something special and important about her. If I were you, I'd treat her the same as you did before you found out. She'll appreciate it. :)

I'm pretty much repeating what everyone else has said. Your cousin, is your cousin - your family, and nothing should change the way you feel towards her. I think you should feel honoured that she confided in you, she trusts you.

Here's a little continuation from my post earlier. I left it out cause it would've been super long.

I am the man who's life saving blood was refused in a time of shortage because I am gay.

I am the person at war with myself because of social stigma.

I laugh at the 'family values' of broken homes of straight couples when my own has been more solid than stone for 30+ years.

I was the person who was the victim of a hate crime by those investigating my murder.

I was the boy dragged to death because I was gay while my killers were praised for doing 'Gods' work.

I was the example to the world when I lay broken and bleeding becuase I was holding my boyfriend's hand.

I am the man who wishes the world to know my fear and pain every day I live in fear or pain.

I am the people who die every day becuase of bigotry and hatred.

I am the young man who had to wait for college to work out what he was because public schools gave me no resources to deal with my preferences, because certain parent groups were afraid of a mythical agenda converting their children.

I am the older man who still has not figured things out and never will, because society has eased him into living a lie.

I am the woman who is turned away by most groups because I love someone whom is transgendered and noone thinks I fit in.

I am the wife who cannot openly love her transgender husband, even around her own family, because most will not accept our relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back