Say NO to Homophobia

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by beautifulview, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

for springbreak?? hmmmm... i wonder.. just kidding..

i'm sure ur writing didn't sound bad! you should let others read it then we can review!

2. lament

lament Captain

I'm both bisexual and a Christian (although I don't adhere to a particular denomination), and I just want to say that the two can be compatible. It grates on me when people denounce homosexuality as sinful. Do they not read the same Bible I read?

Anyway, great topic. More people need to take a stand against homophobia. Having experienced it myself, I can say that intolerance is way more barbaric than a loving relationship between two people of the same gender.

3. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

Well said. :), I'm atheist and probably bisexual, who should you love is your own business as long as you don't obstruct other people's life, it's basic human rights.

4. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

Amen to that! :)

5. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

I have nothing against gay people, I have gay lesbian and bisexual friends, and it's not an issue at all for me.

We have a gay english teacher at our school, and everyone loves him. He's brought his partner to school plays or music nights before, and it doesn't bother anyone.

I had one friend who told me he was disgusted with our teacher for being gay and called him a faggot in front of me. He also dropped that teacher's class for no reason other then that he is gay.

I am no longer friends with that individual.

It doesn't matter who a person loves, as long as they are a good person. I know several gay people I don't like, and several straight people I know who I don't like. In the end it comes down to what kind of person they are.

And to people against gay marriage: If you don't approve of gay marriage, don't marry a gay person!!! SIMPLE!

6. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Amen to that! Gawd, at moments like these, I'm proud to live in the Netherlands! :D

7. beautifulview

beautifulview Pathologist

jayne you lucky duck! i want a place where we can be free to marry anyone. its so funny, ellen degeneres makes a joke out of it, saying that

**people say if we let gays marry, then what's next? people marrying goats? i'm sure that would go over really well at home. Mom, this is billy. we love eachother...**

i love ellen, she can laugh at anything!

madgeorge i'm happy you are so strong, and you crack me up! *hugs*

8. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Who doesn't love Ellen!!?? She's wonderful! I love her to bits though we hardly see her here, unless it's a rerun of 'Ellen' :(

I know so many gay people who are married :D They make me happy :D And I even remember when the first gay couple married in Spain.. they were both called Carlos.. how cute!!

9. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Hehe, I love Ellen :D She's hysterical :D Tip of the hat to all married gay couples :D I have the utmost respect for all gay couples and gays in general because they feel confident enough to reveal to the world that they are gay. That takes a lot of courage :D

10. beautifulview

whoahohoho quoth, i like your icon for what its worth, they ask people to change for less (just a heads up i dunno)

i wanna watch the Elled show now... tyra banks was on a while ago

11. X05

X05 CSI Level One

I know!! Right up there with Live, I'd say her show is definitely one of my favorites. :)
    And. I just to have to say that I'm sooo glad someone started this type of thread. I'm saddened everytime I hear people (and lately it's been often) make comments that are so anti-gay. I don't understand how some think that who a person loves is a way to judge. :(

12. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

i haven't really seen Ellen's show but i like her commercials and she was great in "Finding Nemo"

13. beautifulview

finiding nemo is very funny.

has anyone heard her show "here and now" on HBO? he does standup, and she has this whole little bit on how she's the leader and she "has to say something *gay*"

i <3 ellen

14. Trevor

Trevor CSI Level Two

I don't mind, what's wrong with people who have different orientations. It's like saying 'you suck because you don't like McDonalds' it's plain stupid!

15. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

LMAO! i like your comparison!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.