Say NO to Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Send me the link too please.

I remember a while age there was an advert for French Connection, which had two women kissing in it. I heard that there were over a hundred complaints the first time it was aired, even though it was after 9:00pm. I don't see the problem with it. Since most adverts have and guy and girl kissing or hugging or draping all over each other, why not gay couples.

did they still continue showing it?

I have decided to post here, finally. Three weeks ago, I revealed to my mother that I am bisexual. It was a hasty decision but I don't regret telling when I did. She doesn't speak to me hardly at all anymore, or look at me, but honestly I don't mind. I figure she'll either come to terms with my decision, or she won't. Either way, I am bi and she can't change that.

Basically I just wanted to post here to get that out there. I feel better now so I guess that's really all that matters. Sorry if I'm rambling... :)

I hope your mom comes around for you. That was very awsome and brave of you to tell her that. :) *hugs* What made you decide to tell your mom?

*huggles Jayne back* Thanks!! Makes me glad to know I have people I can talk to. :)

*hugs csi_fanatic87 back* I think part of what made me tell her was that I really hate keeping things from her. Well, I used to hate it, before she got all bitchy with me. I just wanted to tell her and get it over with. And another part (The biggest, perhaps) is that I am in love with someone. So she knows I'm bi but she doesn't know that I'm in love with my very best friend. I didn't want to spring too much on her at once, so I decided that day to tell her I'm bi. The love thing can come a little later. :lol: :D

okay so first: jayne lol i know i love that commercial, it makes me laugh everytime i see it :lol:
fool4love: waouh ive never seen that french commercial, that's weird...

Catherinesmyidol: first i wanna hug you lol cause you are know in osmosis with yourself :D congratulations! i'm PROUD of you ;) then well your mom is not talking to you anymore? i think she just need time....you know what's weird with parents? everytime their children say that they are gay or bisexual, their first thought is "what did i wrong?" even if it has nothing to do with them....well some parents need MORE time then the others but either way, at the end, it's always their love for their children which win ;) so no worries, no problems, love wins :D

besides: you are in love? god that's even better :) hope peace will come back in your life

Jenna, that is so amazing for you to do that! Do you feel like a weight has been lifted since you told her? Awww, that's great! Good luck and best wishes with your relationship. :)

Makes me glad to know I have people I can talk to.

talking is what we do best :D.

omg the funniest thing ever happened yesterday. So I was hanging out with my friends Silver and Aaron and we decided to go back to Silver's house (because our town is the most boring place ever there is nothing to do I HATE SUBURBIA, Tangent-Man strikes again sorry :rolleyes:). When we walked in the door her stupid homophobic parents saw Aaron and and were like, "Hey is this your boyfriend?" in that annoying parent-tone and she was like, "No but would you like to meet his?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:.

sissi59100 said:
Catherinesmyidol: first i wanna hug you lol cause you are know in osmosis with yourself :D congratulations! i'm PROUD of you ;) then well your mom is not talking to you anymore? i think she just need time....you know what's weird with parents? everytime their children say that they are gay or bisexual, their first thought is "what did i wrong?" even if it has nothing to do with them....well some parents need MORE time then the others but either way, at the end, it's always their love for their children which win ;) so no worries, no problems, love wins :D

besides: you are in love? god that's even better :) hope peace will come back in your life

Well, when mom does talk to me, it's very few words. She keeps things short and sweet, but hopefully she'll come around. *hugs* Thank you. That made me feel better! :)

Jenna, that is so amazing for you to do that! Do you feel like a weight has been lifted since you told her? Awww, that's great! Good luck and best wishes with your relationship. :)

Yes I do feel like a giant weight has been lifted off of me! I feel so much better knowing that my mom does know, even if she isn't happy with what I told her.
Thank you!! :)

Oh my gosh, Laetri, that is so hilarious!! :lol:

Yay! *huggles Jenna* :D :D I'm so happy for you, Jenna! And like you said, I'm sure your mom will come to terms with it, but like Jayne said, you know where to find us if you want to talk! :D

*hugs* I know Ive said this before girlie...Im so happy for you! Both with the lucky person that your in love with, and that you've become aquainted to those thoughts. And I know for a fact that the person that you love, loves you back. :D

^I know that too, Jenna! :D

:lol: Becky, that cracked me up :lol:

Dang! I feel a group-hug coming up Squeee!! Oh and I've set my eyes on someone :D and she has hers on mine :D :D *woots* Jayney's back in the game.. no, wait! It's not a game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back