Sandle RP (New)

(lol thanks araSgerG :))

Catherine and Nick walked to the Tahoe, and got in, and Cath started driving them to the store. It was an hours drive, and after the usually, 'hows Lindsey' small talk, they didnt have much to say, so Cath brought up a topic that kind of surprised Nick.

"Hey Nicky, what do you think was going on between Greg and Sar before? I mean, didnt you get the impression that they were hiding something from us?" she asked, accelerating onto the highway.

Nick raised his eyebrows suspiciously, he knew Catherine wasn't exactly known for her ability to keep things quiet. But it wasn't like he knew anything that was extremely good gossip, "Yeah, it did kinda seem that way. I mean you know it could be nothing, but you know...I dunno...We are talking about Sara Sidle and Greg Sanders here, I mean, I'd be a more freaked out if they didn't seem like something was up, ya know?" Nick said, trying not to appear as curious as he really was. He had been brought up knowing that he should mind his own business, but danged if it wasn't getting hard to do that around here.

[Jewellery store! :D And the two is alone in the car again...]

Couldn't believe they were back together alone in the car again... But this time Greg put on the music as soon as Sara hit the streets. "No Baa Baa Black Sheep this time, I swear," he grinned at her. The song that came out was no Baa Baa Black Sheep indeed...

"...I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel..."

He was just turning on the radio of fear he'd have to face the dreadful silence again. Trust the first FM he chose to be his Radio Oracle...

"... Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough..."

He watched Sara from the corner of his eyes. There are the whys of him never told her those words. Never thought a song would sum it up better than he could. He probably should shake hands with the song writer...
"Ah, Snow Patrol. I kinda like this song." Listen, Sara. I might never say it myself.
Something stung inside his chest, but he knew exactly it wasn't because of his cholesterol rate.

"If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

The world was moving fast outside. Greg tore away his gaze from the window and said over the song, "So, 10 carat diamond. I guess we could rule robbery out." Talking about the case should stop his mind from wandering too far. He glanced over at Sara, waiting for her response.

"All that I am
All that I ever was...

and she looked back at him.

"...Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see..."

Her perfect eyes. Trust the song to even know that. I am so turning this song off, he thought to himself. Maybe he should... had maybe another 20 minutes drive to the store. Who knows Radio Oracle wouldn't stop with just one song? Would it be awkward if he changed the channel again? It wasn't his car afterall... And, while he never believed in Radio Oracle before (you know, when you turn your radio on randomly and random song would tell you your fortune or something) but this? By luck, the next station he picked would be about his garage dream with Sara last night.

He was just hoping Sara would say something, work related, or the song (or silence) would burn him like enchanted prayers would burn Satan...

[*cough* I love Snow Patrol, so... :p :D Semi-song fic-ish, bordering to be a ficlet of its own :lol: Pardon the plot-bunny, I just had to follow it]

Wow, I've been reading this and stupidly never praised you on it. This is wonderful, and...basically I love it and I want more! :D
I love 'Chasing Cars'. Never really liked Snow Patrol until I heard that. Great choice of song! :)
Hmm, maybe I should try and join in on the next Sandle RP. It looks like a lot of fun!

Just quickly reading the R/P. It really is some good writing. Sorry I haven't shown up as Grissom, but if you need him PM me or tell me in the sandle thread. :)
Everyone is doing great (but I must say I'm most impresed with Silhouette and how well she's keeping with the sandle!) ;)

[YAY! I love this song. :D teehee.]

As soon as she heard Chasing Cars playing through her speakers, she was relieved. Maybe Greg's choice of music wasn't too bad. Well, maybe it wasn't bad at all, since this was one of her favorite songs.

"Uh, yeah I guess finding expensive jewelry on someone does rule out robbery." she said. As she listened to the lyrics, she tried not to let her mind wander too far off. She had to admit listening to this song in the car with Greg made it a little awkward. Not awkward in a bad way, just awkward in the not-really-knowing-what-to-say sense. But silence was way worse, so she decided she would have to deal with whatever crazy love songs the radio decided to play. They would be at the crime scene soon anyway.

A couple minutes later they stopped at a red light. Sara tapped her fingers on the steering wheel as the song ended. Though slightly upset, she could feel the tension in the air lessen a little. She held her breath, waiting to see what other tortureous songs the radio had up it's sleeve.

[Thank you Sabster and Hestia :) hollie!!!! It's good to see you!!! :D]

He was glad to hear she replied. At least some kind of conversation finally established.
"So, if money isn't motive... What is?"

It wasn't that it had always been that awkward spending time with her. Since he had become a CSI, they had worked cases together, even the oddest ones, but it had always been fun, like when they blew up toilets together... That was fun. Well maybe he had felt awkward, once or twice... Especially that one time when they were shoved inside a decontamination shower. Now that was awkward...

But not knowing what to say being in a car with her? What was wrong with him now?

The music had changed into a punk rock. He was relieved, to find, that this time the music spoke about social issues, how sick the world today, goverment, and other depressing stuff. Well, at least Radio Oracle had stopped at one song. Now he could losen up a bit.

"Do you think the crime has been personal? Or that the killer just choose the victims randomly?"

The music was talking about rage, and it kinda made him shudder the thought of the killer choosing his or her victims randomly, and that he or she would strike again.
The music was right. It was a sick world they were living.

[It's from Fannysmackin' :) Which is a great episode. Hmm I wonder where's hollie again... Anyone else wanna fill something in?]

*filling in*

Sofia got out of her car and met up with the rookie officer waiting for her at the scene. She flashed her badge and told the rookie to get back to the lab. She would wait for Greg and Sara herself. She started writing down the details of the scene, which were surprisingly much like the first scene. Which meant serial killer, or very, very good copycat.

While writing down the last details, she caught a movement from the corner of her eye. She let go of her notition block and drew her gun.

"Don't move! LVPD!" Not a surprise to her, the person started running. She ran after him and when she was close enough, she aimed and fired. Right in his leg. She moved closer and heard a car pull over behind her. When she looked around to see who it was, the person punched her in the face and made a run for it.

Sofia landed on the ground and covered her lips with her hand. There was blood on it, her lip most likely split. She saw Sara and Greg in the car, but she wasn't sure if they'd seen what happened. The person ran right in their direction though...

{just something to spice things up a bit}

[Sorry guys I've just got a chance to reply... Btw, thanks, Dutchie :)]

They were on their way to the jewellery store, but then their pagers started beeping. Grissom. Turned out there was another murder.

It was true that the killer wouldn't stop at just two. But what was unexpected is how fast they move. Even before the CSIs could finish following one evidence, they had striken again.

Sara turned the car immediately, now heading to the new crime scene.

As soon as they pulled up near the scene, Greg heard gun fire. He couldn't really see what was happening. Something going on not too far in front of them. A woman, with blond hair. Sofia? Some struggle. A man picking up something from the ground. Then running straight right at them.

It was only a split second to register everything that was happening. Greg couldn't see the man's face clearly since the cap he was wearing cast some shadow to his face. And it was only second before he held up the thing he had picked up of the ground earlier...

A gun.

It was aimed at them. From the corner of his eyes, Greg could feel Sara struggled to get her own gun. But he had known better.

"Get down!" He pulled Sara down with him.

Gun fire. And the windows shattered above them. Pieces of glass flying everywhere. Greg held Sara tight, instinctively shielded her. Another shot. And another.

It finnaly stopped. Sara was shivering under him. Greg just about to ask if she was okay when suddenly the driver's door sprang open, with the anonymous man behind it. Sara was dragged out of the car, onto the ground.

Greg saw Sara's gun from the corner of his eyes, and without thinking he grabbed it off the floor. His own door flew opened. The attacker stood before him, and before the man could aim his gun at Greg, Greg had fired first.

It hit his left arm. At such close distance Greg could see the man's face and piercing dark eyes. But nothing in those eyes. No wince of pain. No sign of emotion.

There was no time to register what happened. He had dragged out of the car. And by the time he tried to get up, the car had pulled away and gone, along with the attacker.

He felt Sara grabbed his arm. He asked if she was ok and she nodded. They then walked over to Sofia, helped her to stood up. "You okay?" He noticed blood on her lips.

"What the hell was that?"

[Angsty plot bunny is clinging to my legs... It was Sofia's gun the attacker used, btw. Didn't think I made it clear :) Hope the little action could cure your boredom, aragerG :D]

{Geez 0_0. Btw: no problem Irma}

Sofia took his hand and stood up. "I'm fine, it's just my lip. This guy showed up and when I pulled my gun he ran. I shot him in the leg, I don't understand how he kept running." She looked up. "Are you both okay?" They nodded. "Good." She took a deep breath. "I'll call dispatch, have them put up a search for your car. And hopefully that jerk in it."

Back