Sandle RP (New)

Silhouette

Pathologist
Welcome to the long-awaited, brand new Sandle RP!! :D

I'm so so sorry to everyone who was waiting for it (I know, finally!). Sorry it took ages to start. But, phew! The wait is over... So here goes...

hollie - Sara
Silhouette - Greg
CSIangel - Catherine
Hestia - Grissom
Dutchie - Sofia
frickangel - Wendy
YouandMe - yet to be revealed ;)
Is there anyone I forget? If anyone else wanna play a minor role, please PM me or hollie :) And if you have suggestions or questions, feel free to PM us too.

Storyline: Someone's been sending love letters to Greg, he doesn’t know how to deal with it, he calls Sara for help. (This is the 'original' storyline... there'll be a twist later on ;) So stay tuned!)

Rules and Guidelines: Please write a minimum of three lines and leave 5 minutes between each post.

I'll start, but I would appreciate for everyone to wait until hollie has replied first, cause this is Sandle RP afterall. Then anyone could join and start posting. Thank you. :)

Have fun! :D

---------------------------------------

He thought it was a one time thing... but apparently he was wrong.

Greg Sanders just stepped into the crime lab. His shift had just started.
As he passed through the reception area, a voice called him. It was Lucy, who worked behind the reception desk. "I've got something for you."

Greg stopped, "What is it?" Lucy waved something in her hand, "You tell me..."

She put it on the desk and Greg picked it up. Red envelope. He frowned. Another red envelope.

"Who sent this?" He asked, but Lucy just shrugged.

Greg turned the letter in his hand. It was just a plain red envelope. Only "Greg Sanders" written on the front. Nothing on the back. So far so anonymous.
Could it be the same person? It's been the fourth anonymous red letter he received this week. The first time he got it, no big deal. It was only just one letter then. He didn't mind, even flattered. Second time, third time... He started to wonder. It couldn't be a coincidence... Could it?

It was definitely not a one time thing. Probably an 'it's been four, and I'm toying with your curiosity' is more like it.

"Got yourself a secret lover, Greg?" Lucy's voice startled him from his thoughts. Secret lover? He looked at her, amused. Someone's been watching too much soap opera.
Greg just smiled briefly, "Thanks Lucy," and walked away from the desk, still shaking his head.

He continued down the hallway to the locker room, still holding and staring at the letter in his hands.
He reached the locker room. It was empty, just as he had expected. He opened his locker to put his stuff in. Then his attention was drawn back to the letter in his hand.
Greg looked around, making sure there wasn't anyone coming, then sat down on the bench and started tearing it open. His heart beating fast in anticipation. What it was going to say this time? He couldn't wait to find out.

Greg carefully unfolded the paper inside. Who are you, Anonymous?

Suddenly someone called his name, made him jumped.
In panic, he quickly stuffed the letter into his locker, jammed the door shut. Hopefully the person wouldn't notice...

[C'mon hollie, work your magic! :D]

[Sorry I've been so busy...]

Sara had just entered the lab ready for her shift. Walking down the hallways, there was nothing out of place. It was a pretty normal night. Well, as normal as it gets for this job. Rounding a corner, Sara walked into the locker room only to see Greg shoving something into his locker.

Sara just stared at him quizzically as he slammed shut his locker. "Hey" he said quickly, "See you later" he said exiting the locker room. Sara stuffed her coat in her locker and then headed towards the breakroom. She couldn't help but tell herself that Greg was hiding something from her. But what was it?

Entering the breakroom, Sara quickly glanced at the clock on the wall. They had five minutes before shift technically started. She looked over a saw Greg getting a cup of coffee. She figured now would be as good a time as any to figure out what was up with him.

"Hey Greg" she said trying to sound casual. "What was up with you in the locker room?"

[just PM me if you need Sofia, I'm kinda busy so I might not be able to read everything every day. But if you PM I'll hop in.]

[Thanks sandersidle! :D Okay, Dutchie, I was gonna ask if you still wanna play, but sure, don't worry :)]

Jamming the locker shut, Greg turned to see Sara standing by the door. Phew! Just in time...
He smiled cheerfully at her, "Hey!" Trying so hard to not sound nervous, but his voice failed him.

A few seconds passed with him just standing there nervously, and Sara eyeing him wasn't help either. Don't look at the floor, she would know you're hiding something. Am I hiding something? Wait, don't stare at her either. Oh God she's looking at me. She knows. She's gonna ask... Oh no! "See you later!" he quickly stormed out of the room.

Greg turned into the breakroom, still panting. He couldn't believe he was running from Sara Sidle, the girl of his dreams. But he didn't want her to ask him what's wrong. What he was supposed to say?

He needed his coffee. He thinks better with a coffee... Greg opened the cupboard to get his secret stash of Blue Hawaiian and started the coffee machine. The familiar scent already calmed him down a bit.

"Hey Greg. What was up with you in the locker room?"

Greg almost knocked over the coffee pot. He turned around to be greeted by Sara's smile. "Hey Sara! Uh... Do you want coffee?" he quickly changed the subject.

"Hey Sara! Uh... Do you want coffee?"

"Sure" she said, slightly annoyed at him changing the subject. She held out her cup as he slowly poured in the steaming liquid. Once her cup was filled, Sara decided to sit down at the breakroom table. Greg soon joined her. What was he doing earlier that he couldn't tell her about? He was her best friend. He told her everything. Sara couldn't help but wonder why this time was different.

"Hey Greg..." Sara began to say, but was cut off when she saw the rest of the team enter the room. In a few seconds they had settled down and Grissom began to give out the assignments. "Great" Sara thought. She could only hope that she would be paired up on a case with him so she could figure out what the hell was up with him.

(It appears that is my cue. :))

Grissom entered, followed shortly by Warrick, Catherine, and Nick. He quickly noted that everyone was there so he got his assignments ready.
"Nick and Catherine you guys have a DB over at the Tangiers, Warrick you and me still have to wrap up that Jane Doe case, and Greg," he turned to the younger CSI, "Looks like you're going on your first solo case. Relatively easy; Brass and Sofia will meet you in the park. Looks like a body part was found."
He turned to Sara, "I think you still have some paper work to do, but if Greg needs some help, you can lend him a hand." He smirked at his own little joke, seeing as P.D had requested a CSI to check out a supposed severed hand found in the local park sand box.

(Take it from there, girls! ... oh and YouandMe1105 ;))

Greg handed her the coffee cup, and he was relieved that it seemed like she didn't notice him changing the subject. She sat down, and Greg joined her.

A silence followed as they sip quietly on their coffee, and he was desperate for a subject to talk about.
"Hey Greg" she beat him to it. Greg looked up to her from his coffee mug, "Hmm?" She wasn't gonna ask about it again, was she?

The rest of the team entered the room and Greg was saved from whatever Sara was about to ask. For now...

Grissom started handing out the assignments and Greg couldn't believe he finally got a chance to work on his first solo case. Severed hand? That's gotta be interesting...

Then Grissom mentioned that Sara 'could help him'. That could mean he was going to spend some time with her. Greg glanced at her. Maybe she has already forgotten about it.

[I can't believe it's getting drowned under the pile and dissapeared to the second page! :eek: Had to bring this up again :)]

Greg read his assignment paper again, took a last sip of his coffee and got up to leave. He noticed Catherine was yawning. No wonder, before this she had just wrapped her last case, after pulling a double for two days.
"Hey Cath, I've just made coffee if you want." He gestured at the coffee machine. "Don't worry. Not that poisonous office stuff."

When he turned his head again, Sara was talking to Grissom in the hallway. Didn't know what they were talking about... probably about the paperwork (or so he hoped).
Greg tore his gaze down to the floor. Guess she was more interested in taking care of those paper work than helping him with the case...

Greg sighed. Maybe it was true about her and Grissom. Why can't he just move on and forget about her? It was so easy, right? He could've found some other girl... Like, the Mysterious Red Envelope girl for instance. Or whoever. It was so easy to give up on her, right? So why doesn't he?

Because he hasn't given up on her yet. That's why.

When Greg tore his gaze off the floor he felt two sets of eyes watching him.

[There you go, CSIangel :)]

[thanks Silhouette :)]

Cath yawned after Gil had handed out the cases, she was just beginning her triple and it was starting to take a toll on her, she could hardly keep her eyes open. So, she was really greatful when Greg offered her some coffee.

"Thanks Greggo, thats just what i need right now", she said walking over to the coffee machine. As she poured, she looked over her shoulder at Greg and noticed him staring at Gil and Sara in the hallway, and then let out a sigh.

thats odd, i dont think ive ever seen Greg frown, let alone sigh she thought.

She took a sip of the coffee. "Wow, i didnt know Blue Hawaiian made coffee, what'd you have to do to get this stuff" she said smirking, thinking that would make Greg laugh; but it didnt.

She moved over to the table and sat down. "Greg are you ok?"

Cath's question snapped him back to reality. He blinked at her, Uh did she just say something?. Maybe it was supposed to be something funny cause Cath was smirking. But whatever it was completely lost him.
"Umm were you talking to me?" Well of course, you stupid, no one else is in the room "Sorry I was... thinking."

Catherine moved over to the table and sat down. She was asking him if he was ok.
Greg's lips broke into a smile. "Of course I'm fine." No, you're not. "Just, a little nervous. You know... first solo case." He leaned on the counter, "How was your first solo case?"

Cath sat and listened to Gregs explanantion about what was wrong, but she didnt believe it, his reaction was too delayed and forced, but she let it slide.

"Well, to be honest it was great but so nerving, I mean you wouldnt believe it now, but at first i found it so hard taking charge and giving orders, but now its like second nature. You'll be fine and if not a little of your humour goes along way" she said giving him a reassuring pat on the back. "Come on we'd better get going, you cant be late to your first crime scene. Have fun" she said walking out of the room not meet Nick and leaving Greg alone.

Greg smiled when Catherine gave him a pat in the back. Maybe everything would be fine. He was nervous about working on his first solo case, but excited at the same time.

Catherine was right, he can't be late to his first crime scene. He nodded, "Thanks, Cath." And smiled as she exited the room, leaving him alone. He just noticed now that Sara and Grissom had gone too. The break room started to feel a bit more grey and empty now...

Greg put his Blue Hawaiian stash into the cupboard again and exited the room himself. A few steps into the hallways he remembered he had left his keys in his jacket's pocket in the locker. He slapped himself and quickly made his way to the locker room.

As he opened his locker to grab his jacket, something fell out. The red letter. He almost forgot about it. After putting his keys into his jean's pocket, Greg picked the letter up, just holding it for a few moment. You need to focus, Greg, it's your first solo case. He quickly shoved it back into the locker and close it. Right now he just wanted to focus on the case. He can't afford to mess up.

[hollie, where are you? I miss you :( And can someone go and talk to Greg? Anyone??]

Taking a deep breath, Wendy tucked the stray strands of her brown hair behind her ears as she began her own shift. Taking quick strides towards the locker room, and pulling off her jacket to make way for her lab coat, a million things were running through her mind. There was the dry-cleaning to pick up, the groceries to settle before heading home, and let's not forget the important matter of—

"Greg?" She eyed him quizically; the guy looked like he was going to throw up any minute now. "Hey, how's it going?" It was then that she spotted the bright red piece in his hands; a stark contrast to the drab grey of the room. She licked her lips and raised an eyebrow.

[Thought I just drop by now. Hope it's all right with everyone?]

Back