Sandle RP (New)

(aww thanks Irma, Merry Xmas too *hugs*)

Sara watched Greg walk over to the shoeprint stop in complete shock. Did Greg Sanders just say that he wants to kiss me? She couldnt believe it. When he was saying that, staring into her eyes, she found herself wanting to lean in.

Woah Sara. What are you thinking? You want to kiss Greg Sanders? Greg Sanders! The guy who dresses up as swamis during work hours? The guy who practically saved your life? When she thought about swami Greg back then she probably wouldnt have considered it. But then she thought of the man she saw during the gunfire and now at the crime scene. She saw how dedicated and passionate he was, and for a moment she actually thought that the possibility of her and Greg wasnt as rmeote as she thought, well at least on her behalf. She knew Greg loved to tease her at any oppurtunity so she didnt let herself read to much into the 'kiss' statement.

She cleared her throat, and got up and walked over and stood beside him. The shoe tread was leading away from the bushes where the hand was found.

"Ok, so there's just one tread here, so unless our guy is one - legged, there has got to be another tread around here, maybe its inside the bushes?" she said, thinking aloud.

[I'm going out of town from tomorrow till Jan 4... so if you need Greg, someone could play him while I'm gone :)]

Greg raised his eyebrow. "Inside the bushes," he repeated.

He looked around them and thought of it for a moment. "What if he really is one-legged? Like that pirate... You know, that movie?" He saw Sara was giving him a weird look, "Eh, nevermind..."

Greg mused, "Well, we came in from that way... And the shoe print, looks like it could be coming from this way?" There's gotta be more shoe prints... leading somewhere. She was right.

"Into the bushes then..." He finally said.

They started searching around. After a while, Greg said, "You know, it's kinda romantic actually, alone with you together between these bushes..." He glanced just briefly at her. What am I talking about? Just before he wanted to say more, something caught his attention...

"Find another shoe print here..."

{whooops sorry. If you need Sofia could you PM from now on? I don't always have time to read the RP but I still wanna be Sofia}

Sofia stood by the paramedics now, who were checking her over. She looked at Greg and Sara who had started processing the scene. They were smiling now and then, and talking a lot. Sofia shook her head. "Come on Greggo, just kiss her for everyone's sake." She muttered. The paramedics told her she was fine and she wanted to make some comment like: "Glad you found out too, after I did ten minutes ago." but she didn't. Instead she thanked the paramedics and walked over to Greg and Sara. "How's it coming guys?"

"You know, it's kinda romantic actually, alone with you together between these bushes..." Those words resounded in her head. She couldnt help but agree, it was kind of romantic in a weird way. Especially with them being in such close proximity to each other. And she couldnt help but notice that Greg did look very cute crouched under some plants, with bits of leaves in his hair.

God, what are you thinking? You cant think Greg's cute, he's your co-worker, it'd be inappropriate. But good. But inappropriate. But go.... She then realised she had been thinking for quite a while, and no-one had said anything, and realised that she should probably say something. She was then stuck at what to say. Did she flirt back or should she just laugh and pretend to dismiss what Greg said?

Luckily Greg, broke the silence by saying he had found another shoe print. "Yeah its identical". They then looked at each, each waiting for the other person to make an observation. Sofia then came over.

"How's it coming guys?"
"Good. Hows your cut? We've found two foot prints, one leading into the bushes and one inside it, but there may be others. The thing is, these treads are rather far apart. Did you notice if any of the shooters were particularly tall?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Catherine went to find out if their was any lead on the missing vehicle, but it hadnt been traced, it seemed that the shooters had disabled the tracking device shortly after theyd left the scene.

"Ok, thanks". She said disappointed. Ecklie's probably gonna take the money for a new vehicle out of my wages she thought as she dialled Nicks cell.

"Hey Nicky, any lead on the ring purchaser yet?"

[Oh crap, what am I supposed to say?]
Nick answered his cell.
"Hey, Cath. Naw, I haven't got anything yet. I hear there's been some excitement on your end, though. What happened?"
Nick asked, setting down his work. He had been fighting to keep his focus and it wasn't going over very well, his cabin fever was soon to drive him crazy.

"My cut is fine, it really is nothing." Sofia listens to Sara telling her the things about the shoeprint, then asking her if one of the shooters were particulary tall. "Any of them? It was just one guy Sara, you saw him. I don't know if he was tall, let me think..." Sofia closed her eyes to bring the memorie back in front of her eyes. "He might've been a bit taller than average, but not a giant. I remember looking up to him, but my neck isn't cramping so it couldn't have been far." She smiled.

"Thanks Sofia. And you're right about the shooter. Singular. I'm sorry I'm totally thrown today." she said sounding quite angry. She wasn’t angry at Sofia, she was angry at herself for getting a crime scene detail wrong, and a major one at that. She didn’t know why she did it, it wasn’t like her at all, she was always so precise and accurate with her work. Her eyes were automatically drawn to Greg, and she couldn’t help but stare at him intently. Greg looked up at her. She gave him a quick smile, she couldn’t help it. She then looked down and focused herself on her work.

She then walked around the other side of Greg to get a better look at the tread. "Ok, so the treads are quite far apart, meaning that someone, most likely the killer, skidded on the mud. And…” She stopped, got the tweezers out of her, leant over Greg and picked up a bit of black material.

“Green material. Not from the shooter, so could be from the vic; could be from the killer.” She said bagging the evidence.

She looked at Greg, still crouched down in the bushes. “You find anything Greg?” She asked, brushing the leaves out of his hair. “Sorry, Greg, those leaves were bugging me?” She said laughing slightly, before noticing some white powder on a rock sitting beside Greg. “Greg, what’s that white powder next to you?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Yeah, Nick. Um Sara and Greg got a lead about another victim while we were on the way to the jewellery store, and when they and Sofia arrived, there was a guy there who started shooting at them. Sofia hurt her lip and Sara her hand, but they’re both fine.” She said, taking a look at the crime scene as she spoke to him. “If there’s no lead at the store your at now, do you mind driving to the other one? We need to find out who this guy is quickly, there was no sandbox this time, it means his getting bolder and changing his trademark.”

"Glad to know everyone's okay, I'll go on to the next place then. I'll call if I find out something." Nick replied releasing a sigh of relief.

"Thanks Nick, and if you still can't find the owner, then the next stores are out of state, so you can have a little holiday on the lab. Keep me posted" Catherine closed her cell. She glanced over to Greg, Sara and Sofia; just to make a quick that they were alright.

She then went over to where they had put out markers on the tyre treads, to see if she could find any evidence. She couldn’t find anything substantial. She was then approached by an Officer.

“We’ve located the vehicle, was dumped down a ditch on the highway, about 5 miles east of here.” said the Officer.
“Did they recover the kits and evidence?” asked Catherine.
“No, it appears that they’ve taken everything with them.”
“Well thank you Officer. Tell them to cordon off the area, and I’ll get someone on the scene as soon as possible.” Great, so a car but no evidence. Ecklie is going to have me for this one.

She walked over to Greg, Sara and Sofia, interrupting their conversation. “They found the vehicle, but no evidence or kits.” She said sighing angrily, “So, Sara and Greg I want you to go to the vehicle and process it and see if we can get a lead on this guy. You guys can take my car. And Greg I hope you’re not thinking of doing drugs at a crime scene?” She said raising her eyebrows, looking at the white powder next to Greg.

[I'm sorry, my internet can't connect, don't know what the hell is wrong :( I'm now online from nearby internet cafe, can't write much...]

When Sara brushed some leaves off his hair, Greg felt a familiar tingle down his spine. He put his hand on his hair and brushed some leaves off himself. "Hey, you have some on yourself", he said to Sara, moving his hand to brush leaves off her hair too. Smiling a little.

I hope you’re not thinking of doing drugs at a crime scene?

"Huh?" he blinked at Catherine. Drugs? Was she nuts? He turned his head and saw the white powder. "I have nothing to do with this, I swear! Maybe left by the shooter?" He shrugged, "I'll take it to the lab..."

When he was done, he turned to Sara, "Okay, let's go..." then to Sofia, "You coming?"

[Ummm...guys I know that this is supposed to be my job, but I was gone for a while and missed quite a bit. So what should I be finding?]

Sara watched Greg get the rest of the leaves out of his hair, and it made her chuckle a little, she couldnt help but notice how much concentration he was putting into getting the leaves out. She knew he prided himself on his hair, so she wasnt surpised.

However, she was surprised when Greg brushed leaves off of her hair. As he was brushing down the leaves, he touched her cheek, just for a second, but she felt her cheeks go bright red, and she shivered a little. A frown fell upon her face, she couldnt help but think that she was developing a crush on Greg Sanders, and as much as she liked the idea, she also knew she couldn't do anything about it, because he was her colleague and more importantly, her best friend. She then saw Greg's smiling face, and her frown softened and a slight smile appeared on her face.

She then heard Catherine's question I hope you’re not thinking of doing drugs at a crime scene? and her attention was immediately drawn back to the white powder. She laughed inwardly at Greg's reaction to Catherine asking if they were his drugs. She couldn't help but notice that for a second he really thought he was in trouble and laughed inwardly at his reaction.

Catherine then told them that they had found the SUV, and that her and Greg were to go and process it. "Yeah, thats fine, I just hope we can get the evidence back, hate to think what Ecklie would do if we didnt." She said sighing. She then reiterated what Greg had just said. "You coming Sofia?"

{Thanks for the PM Nicki}

"Yeah, I'm coming." She told both CSIs. She followed them from a distance, taking in everything they did and said. They didn't have to say anything though, their body language spoke for them. The way they walked way closer to each other than necesairry, the way they smiled while talking to each other...Sofia shook her head smiling. They were way too obvious: they were in love.

[Awww... :D Love reading your posts ladies. I just wanna say 'awwww' :D While sad to say that I'm hit by an evil writer's block myself :(]

They were back in car again. But this time, there were the three of them. And Greg was driving.

Yes, finally, he got to drive. Not that Sara had let him... Greg had insisted, "Your hand, Sara. Don't tell me you could drive with just one hand on the steering wheel, cause I still wanna live."
Of course he'd do anything for Sara, but a gentleman never let a girl drives with her hand all wounded like that... And asking Sofia to drive was just as bad, a blow to his ego.

So, FINALLY. Greggo got to drive.

Then here they were. Sofia in the passenger's seat, and Sara in the backseat... which silently made him feel slightly dissapointed... The two women were talking and Greg only listened. Throwing a funny comment now and then, but mostly only listened. At some point, he averted his eyes towards Sara's reflection in the review mirror. A slight smile formed in his lips. There was something about Sara's smile... and when she laughs? Even better.

[Will Sara catch Greg looking at her? Hint hint :D]

Back