Sandle RP (New)

Sara was insisting that she would drive, and Greg replied, "You always do!"
Just then, his cellphone rang. "Yo, Cat!" He forgot Catherine would hate him for saying that "...eh, sorry." But it seemed like she chose to ignore it, because she continued talking about the tox result.

"We got the tox results ack its a mixture of lead and mercury, instant death really, whatve u got?"
What have I got, Greg thought, is another surprise in a sandbox.
"Another severed hand. We're heading to the crime scene. You're coming?" Sara and Sofia were walking pretty fast, and Greg had to keep up. "There's gotta be another hand-less DB somewhere, Cath..." He paused, "Another murder."

When Greg answerd the phone with "Yo, Cat!" she decided to ignore it and carry on talking. Her and Nick were walking to her office when she heard Greg say "Another severed hand." qnd stopped in her tracks.

"Another severed hand? Im thinking same guy or copycat killer. Ill just go noe down a fez findings quickly and then Nick and I will meet u guys there just page me the location" she said about to close her cell, but then she continued "And greg, dont ever call me Cat again its not a good idea" she said shaking her head slightly, "Bye" she put down the cell and explqined to Nick about the other severed hand. They then set off for her office and then to the crime scene.

[Seriously, I'm just about to run out of ideas here. Hollie, where art thou?? Come back soon, we miss the Sandle touch. It's Sandle RP, not 'Severed Hand RP'! :(]

"Im thinking same guy or copycat killer."
This had been on the back of his mind since Sofia told him. When Catherine said it, it felt like an echo. That's why he pushed it to the back of his mind. It's just easier to deal with.

He dreaded it. What's the first thing he thought? One murder, going to turn serial. Maybe, if he pushed it into the back of his mind, thinking, 'No, its not possible', it wouldn't happen. There wouldn't be serial. Another murders to deal with. But sometimes you just need someone to tell it to you before you realize, it is real. It is possible the killer might strike again. But, really, a severed hand, in a sandbox? Now everything feels like possible...

Greg was about to hung up before Catherine said, "And greg, dont ever call me Cat again" and he said "Sorry."

It took them about 20 minutes drive to reach the crime scene. When they reached there, Sofia went to talk to Brass, who had arrived there first, and some guy... Might be the eyewitness. Greg could imagine poor guy jogging and noticing something odd sticking out of a sandbox.

Greg followed behind Sara, carrying both of their kits. She stopped before the crime scene and Greg handed her the kit. She said something, but he just stared at the sight in front of him with grim expression. An unpleasant feeling knotted in his stomach. "It feels like Deja Vu..."

(Hollie please come back and to the sandle thread too :) *tempts with positivity cookies*)

Catherine and Nick arrived at the scene a few minutes later, and saw Sofia talking to Brass and Sara and Greg standing by the sandbox.
"Here we go again" said Cath to Nick as they approached where Greg and Sara were standing. They reached them just as Greg said "Deja vu"
"Tell me about it" said Nick, shocking Greg and Sara who were deep in thought.

The four started processing the scene. Cath got up, and called Sofia and Brass over too,
"I dont get it, exact copy of the previous crime scene, even down to the position of the hand, and the sandboxes even look identival, but somethings different, I just cant tell what. Any ideas anyone?" asked Cath.

This case was really puzzling her, but so was Greg's face. All through her talking he was staring at Sara. It bugged her a bit, she didnt like people not listening when she was talking, she found it a bit disrespectful, but she let it slide, it was his first case after all.

(I'm lost too, Dutchie, I practically run out of ideas here :( hollie, we miss you, come back soon!)

Nick and Catherine came up from behind them, dragging Greg from his thoughts. The image that lied before them now forever would be buried in the back of his eyes.

They started working the scene. Greg put down his kit and started with his camera in hand. Catherine was talking, and he was absent-mindedly stepping around the scene, taking pictures. But his mind had drifted away. Everything about this case was weird, he had to admit.

Maybe it's a serial killer... Maybe it's-- His back hit something. He turned to look and it was Sara. Turned out he didn't realized where he was going that he stumbled into her, who was crouching over something. They almost fall over and Greg reached out to her.

"Sorry... I didn't know where I was going." Sara was smiling. More like, an 'it's ok, Greg' kind of smile, though she didn't say it out loud. Greg just realized he was still holding her arm. He let it go, feeling slightly embarrased. "Sorry..." He had lost his focus. What if he accidentally stepped on evidence?

For a moment he just stood there awkwardly. She turned away but was still smiling. Or maybe she's laughing at me... Greg felt so stupid.

"Any ideas anyone?" asked Cath, and it startled Greg. He tore away his eyes from Sara and looked at Cath, a bit lost. What Cath was saying? Seemed like she knew he wasn't listening... And she didn't seem to like it at all.

"Uh..." he tried, "Maybe... it's the same killer?"

[Pardon my lame attempt to throw in a Sandle moment there :p I miss the Sandle side of this RP :()

{I do know, that when I (calleigh) was gone in the CaRWash Rp, after a while they let someone substitute for Calleigh until I got back. Maybe we need to do that. I really haven't seen Hollie on in ages, and I am on a lot. Just an idea. Maybe we should PM Sissi. she'll know what to do.}

[mmkay! I'm hear. Sorrrrrrry! I feel really, really bad.]

When they arrived at the scene, Sara studied her surroundings. Another hand in a sandbox? She realized no matter how many surprises came her way, there was always something else. Suddenly, she spotted something near the sandbox. It was some sort of necklace with an odd emblem on it. As she was examining it, someone basically fell on top of her and she could feel herself falling, but fortunately Greg grabbed her. He apologized and she couldn't help but smile. Maybe she enjoyed the sensation she felt as their skin touched. And it definately made her feel better about the obvious flirting that was going on between Greg and Wendy earlier. She noticed Greg was still holding her arm, but she didn't want to pull away. But soon, he did, and even though she was dissapointed she couldn't wipe the grin off her face.

"Any idea's anyone?"
"Huh?" Sara asked, zooming back to reality. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention" she said slightly blushing.
"I asked if you guys had any ideas" Catherine said sighing.
"Oh" Sara said apologeticly. "Well I found a necklace with a weird emblem near the sandbox. Maybe this could prove Greg's cult therory?"

Wendy watched the machines whirl while processing the DNA samples. There was little she could do more but wait for the results--regardless if there were to be dissapointments or jubilant ones for the CSIs who had dropped the evidence off.

Speaking of CSIs.

Wendy's mind wandered off to one particular one; soft brown curls and a smile and laugh that she couldn't help but be haunted by. A small part of her was hoping that the offer of brownies would come true.

Or maybe the colour brown wasn't what she needed.

Turning and scanning the area around her, Wendy made certain none were near her as she dipped her hand into a drawer of the desk behind her. She retrieved a small paper bag and carefully removed a special envelope from within.

A red envelope.

Smiling softly at herself, she uncapped her favourite fountain pen and began writing the recipient's name in fluid black.

Greg Sanders.

Catherines eyes went back and forth from Greg and Sara, both of them not listening to what she was saying and obviuosly so, she thought. Then they both spoke up one after the other with there possible theories.

Catherine took the necklace from Sara and flashed her torch on it. "Maybe you're right" she said taking a closer look, "It seems as though its got some kind of inscription on it, although I cant make out the lettering its too eroded away" She then stopped and thought about what to do.

"Ok, so Nick and I will go back to the lab with the evidence already collected and the necklace and see if we can identify what group this belongs to." she then flicked back her hair and continued,again noticing that Greg was not paying attention and glancing towards Sara, and she started to get a bit annoyed again. "Ok and just so Greg will do some form of work today, I want Sara and him to finish off processing the scene here, and Sofia can pitch in when she's finished with the witness. And i need to be kept up-to-date with any new evidence that comes to light, Ecklies on my back again and I am not having my cost of living benifits reduced. That ok with everyone?"

"Sure" Sara responded, trying not to blush.

As Catherine and Nick were leaving, Sara went over to where she found the necklace, hoping to find more evidence. After awhile of searching in silence, Sara started thinking.

Well it's awkward enough already. Maybe I should talk about what happened in the locker room earlier?

She went to open her mouth, but bit her lip. It had come out so easily before, why couldn't she bring it up now? Was she afraid of what it would be about? Of course she was. Greg has never hidden anything from her before. They had always been so close. So why wouldn't he tell her now?

Finally she had decided just to get it out and see what came of it.

"Um Greg, what happened earlier. You know, in the locker room."

(hollie's back!! YAY!!!)

It was a cold night and his hands were freezing under the thin layer of latex gloves. He glanced at Sara, who was standing beside him, and wondered if she was cold too... She looked so especially good tonight. Well, she always looked beautiful, but... Maybe she had a new haircut? Or was it the lighting of this place? He had to restrain himself from wrapping his arm around her.

Just then Catherine's voice startled him again. And he realized he had done it again. Not paying attention. Catherine looked annoyed, but she continued her instructions. Greg only nodded, and glanced back at Sara. He was going to spend the rest of the night with her.

He always loved working with Sara. Even as now they were wandering around the scene on their separate ways and hadn't say anything to each other for what seemed like ages... he didn't mind. He just loved spending time with her... Sometimes he thought, maybe, if Sara spent more time with him, she could see how much she meant for him... and not Grissom.

It hasn't gone as planned though, so far.

Just when he noticed a shoe print and went to photograph it, Sara broke the silence. At that very moment Greg was rushing through his kit, too excited on finding new evidence that he missed Sara's question.

"There's a shoe print," was all he said instead.

Though slightly dissaponted that Greg had just breezed by her question, Sara was euphoric that they had some evidence that would help them find this guy sooner.

"Okay, mold it. I'll take some samples of the dirt in the sandbox and then I guess we can head back to the lab" she said as she headed towards the sandbox. Sara had decided to take several samples of sand from the mound that the hand was found in. After doing this, she headed back over towards Greg.

"Ready?" she asked. Greg nodded and they both headed towards the car.

After loading her kit into the trunk, Sara hopped into the drivers seat and started the ignition. It was unfortunate, but no matter how bad she wanted to know, Sara couldn't bring herself to ask Greg about the letter again. She heard Greg turn on the radio, but didn't bark at him or complain like she usually did. She knew he hated the silence as much as she did and the tension in the car could be cut with a knife. Sara just listened along and hoped that Greg would crack a joke or something soon. She couldn't stand this for much longer...

She drove. She always do. But Greg didn't complain this time. He just hopped into the passenger's seat and lied his head back. Finally he could sit down and relaxed a bit, after working the long hours.

It was almost morning again. He yawned, the day finally caught up with him. Just then in the silence that surrounded the car he realized how tired he was. Just then he realized there was silence.

Sara hadn't said anything. Greg tore his eyes from the window towards her. Tried to think of something to say. But the more he tried, the more blank he got, and the more uncomfortable it was. Finally he decided to turn on the radio instead. Anything to fill the void. And if he couldn't, some rock band could.

He glanced at Sara, but nothing. It was weird how he was hoping she would complain and tell him his music taste was horrible. Or barked at him for an intention of ruining her ear drums... Maybe that way he could tease her, anything to break the silence.... But nothing. Not even a raise of an eyebrow.

The song kept blaring but the silence was actually still there, buried under the thick stream of rock music. Finally he reached out to the radio again and changed the channel. Some pop music, country, another rock... then,

"Baa... baa... black sheep... have you any wool?"

Exactly what he was looking for.

"Yes ma'am, yes ma'am, three bags full." He began to sing along with it, trying to make his voice sounded like a sheep, as silly as he could. "One for my master --Grissom--, and one for my dame --you could say... Ecklie?-- "

He glanced at Sara, trying to see her reaction. Finally he sung the last line, along with throwing hands in the air at her, "One for the pretty girl who works across my lab..."

Anything to break the silence...

Back