Sandle RP (New)

[Yes Sandle rules! :D]

"You shot him in the leg? And he just kept running? What, is that guy a million dollar man or something?" Greg raised an eyebrow. He remembered he shot the guy on his left arm, and that to, didn't seem to bug him a bit. Or maybe he just thought he had hit him.

"We were on our way to the jewellery store when we got a call... is that our third victim?" Greg pointed at the direction where the yellow crime tapes were. "Or... well, what's left of them anyway..." He added gloomily. He could just imagine another severed hand, the same replica of the last crime scene.

He asked Sofia, "So, what we've got here?" He was just about to start processing the scene when it hit him...

"Sara... Our kits are in the car..."

[I've read and replied, sissi :) Many thanks for your help

Since this RP's going so slow and that hollie's been busy, I decided to find her an alternate... Someone to play Sara when she can't... CSIangel has agreed to help :) Hopefully it'll get this RP up and running again...

Have fun, and thank you, Nicki :D Now let's get those plot bunnies unstuck... :D]

[Guys, I'll be away from my computer for awhile so if at all possible just avoid Nick, but if he's super needed I'll need a Nick-sub, please]

(Thanks Irma :D And have fun whever you're going arasgerg:))

Sara stood and listened to what Greg and Sofia were saying not really taking anything in. She was still a bit shook up from the gun fire. Well it wasnt the gunfire as such, more what happened in that spilt second when Greg shielded her from the gunfire. No-one had ever protected her like that before. My god he basically risked his life for me she thought, realising what Greg had done. She didn't know what to think and just stood there staring in Greg's direction but not makin eye contact until Greg said "Sara... Our kits are in the car..."

"Oh gosh Greg you're right, and all the evidence we've collected. Grissom is going to freak when he hears this." said Sara looking around. "I'll call Catherine and Nick"

"Willows." said Catherine, "Sara, did you find a match to the ring?"
"No. We got a little side tracked. There's a thrid vic and Sofia, Greg and I got into gunfire with some possible suspects at the scene."
"Is everyone alright?" she asked concerned.
"Yeah, we're all fine. Sofia's got a cut lip but apart from that we're good. The thing is, Greg and I got pulled out of our SUV and the suspects ran off with it, and it has our kits and evidence in it."
"Ok." she said sounding a bit annoyed, "So I'll come down now and bring my kit and the spare. In the mean time try to marker anything that looks lie evidence with stones or something, and make sure Sofia gets her lip checked out. Bye" she said, sighing and turning to Nick.

"Nicky, theres been a shooting and Greg and Sara have lost their car. I need to get down there. I need you to stay up here and try and find out who the ring belongs too. Thanks Nick" she said handing him the details and patting him on the back.

Meanwhile Sara told Greg and Sofia what Catherine said and they improvised with markers to pinpoint evidence. Sara walked around the crime scene. "Greg, Sofia, how many shots were fired altogether?"

He still couldn't believe their car was stolen, along with their kits and evidence in it. How were they going to break the case with the evidence stolen? Just when they thought it couldn't get any worse.

How many shots? He wasn't sure. He could only remember glass rained all over him. In the midst of flying bullets, all he could only think about was Sara...

"Three shots..." He finally said. "He shot three times at us." Slowly but sure the memory came back. "Did he take a shot at you, Sofia?" He asked, while collecting stones to use as markers.

He realized the glass pieces were still all over his hair and jacket. It was all over Sara's too. He stared at her for a moment, "You've got glass all over you..." and carefully brushed some off her hair.

It was then that he noticed her hand. "You're bleeding." He took her hand, shocked to see her palm covered in blood. It was probably from when the attacker pushed her to the ground. "Gosh, Sara... Why didn't you say anything about it earlier?" Greg shook his head. First it was Sofia. Now it's Sara.

"You two need medical attention." Greg pulled out his cellphone and requested paramedics(??), then turned to Sara, still holding her hand, "You can't process the scene with your hand bleeding like that..." He looked her in the eye, "Wait here."

Sara hadnt noticed that her hand was bleeding until Greg pointed it out to her. She looked at her hand in Greg's, it was bleeding quite heavily, but it didnt hurt. She still couldnt look at Greg properly, she wanted to but for some reason she couldnt, and it frustrated her. Come on Sidle, pull yourself together, your best friend, basically saved your life and you havent even said thank you yet!

She then looked up at him to say thank you, but he got there before her and told her to 'wait here'. Their eyes met for just a second but Sara saw something in Greg's eyes that wasnt their before, she smiled at him, and then he walked off.

"Okay" she replied, leaning back against the wall, waiting for Greg to return.

She watched him walk away and smiled. She thought back to the days when he was just a rookie, under her wing, and she loved how he had matured into such a competent CSI who was now able to take control at a crime scene. She then remembered that look in Greg's eyes, when there eyes met briefly. It was puzzling her and she wanted to find out what it was.

[:sigh: I love your post... awwww... :D]

Greg was a bit surprised when Sara just said, "Okay." He thought she'd protest, and persisted that she could do her job, even with her hand bleeding like that. But she didn't. Greg nodded slightly, looked at her for a moment. Even if I've tried to protect you, with all my strength... you still get hurt.

Maybe it was the after-shock... But when Sara looked up at him with those eyes, all Greg wanted was to hug her. He recalled back to the few seconds when the bullets all flying around them. He had feared for their lives. And how he had felt so helpless. And when she was dragged out of the car... He only caught a glimpse of her eyes but it was enough. The fear. He thought the man was going to shoot her.

The wound in Sara's hand might be small compared to a shot wound... But it wasn't just a wound. How he wanted to hug her and told her he was glad she was okay. Greg resisted back the urge, and he just gave a little brush with his thumb to the side of her hand instead, before letting it go.

Finally he walked away and started to mark the evidence using some rocks, really carefully.

A few minutes later, he saw Catherine arrived along with the paramedics.

(Love your post too...awww sandle! :))

Catherine arrived at the crime scene, and looked around for Greg and Sara. She saw Sara first standing by the wall, and walked over to her.

"Hey, Sara you okay?" she asked

"Er, yeah, fine thanks" she said stopping looking in Gregs direction to talk to Catherine, "Just a bit of a cut hand, cant touch the evidence" she putting her hands up in the air and managing to get out a half hearted smile.

"Ok well I'm glad you're ok, the paramedics are just parking their ambulance, they'll be here in a minute. So, third victim huh, any ID.." she began to talk to Sara about the case when a paramedic came over to them.

"Excuse me mam" he said to Catherine, "but I need to attend to the lady's wound"

"Yeah sure. I'll see you in a minute." she said to Sara, walking off to see how Sofia was doing.

She walked in Sofia's direction, and then saw Greg placing down markers, and walked over to him. "Here's a Chrsitmas gift from me to you" she said handing him the spare evidence kit, "So you don't have to use stones anymore." Greg looked up, said hello and took the kit from her. "So, you'd better tell me what happened here." she said looking around at the scene.

Greg heard footsteps and he looked up to see Catherine standing in front of him, with his spare kit. "Hey Catherine..." He took the kit from her and said thanks.

"Well, our single crime scene now has become TWO crime scenes. The original crime scene is here... " Greg gestured to the area around him, surrounded with yellow crime scene tape, and stones marked the evidence. "A severed hand, half buried behind those bushes," He cocked his head towards the direction. "No sandbox this time."

"The second one is... over there." He pointed to where they got attacked earlier. "Sara and I responded to a call. When we arrived, there was a man running towards us. And then he started shooting. Took the denali..." He took a deep breath, "So our 'second' crime scene is still stolen..."

He added, "My money's on that he's behind all this. Man... That guy gets a free ride and a jackpot in the backseat."

Greg shook his head slightly, then kneeled down to open his kit and put on gloves. For a brief moment, he glanced towards where Sara was standing. She was with the paramedics now. Somehow it calmed him a bit.

Then he turned again to Catherine, "Where do you wanna start?"

[Ooh before I forget... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! :D]

[*gasps* Greg saved Sara!? Greg saved Sara! OMG! Gah! so cute. That's an awesome Christmas present. :D and yeah, Merryy Christmas!! *hugs everyone* You guys are great. :D.. Now please.. continue. :p]

(aww..merci Katie *hugs*, and Merry Christmas to everyone too :D)

"Well I'll get an update on how the vehicle trackings going. And then you and Sara can take the hand, and i'll come and help afterwards" she said walking to the wall, where Sara was just finishing with the paramedics.

"Hey Sara, everything okay with the hand?" she said looking at Sara's bandage.
"Yeah, they just cleaned it out and bandaged it up, I'll be ok"
"Good, cos I need you to go and help Greg with the severed hand. Greg's got the spare kit" she replied
"Ok. See you a minute then" said Sara, as she went over to Greg who was already at the bushes, and Cath went to talk to PD.

"Heya, Greg need a hand?" she said giggling, "Sorry, i just couldnt resist" she said giggling a bit more at Gregs reaction. "So, what we got here? She said crouching down beside him, looking straigh at him. She looked into his eyes just for a second, and she was relieved with what she saw, that look was gone, and his eyes looked happy, and she suppressed a secretive smile.

[Merry Xmas too! *hugs Katie and Nicki* :D]

"Yeah well, already got a hand here..." Greg said smiling at Sara, who was crouching down beside him.

"A man walking his dog found it... This one's female. Got a nail polish on it." He used his flashlight to point a certain spot in front of them.

"I don't get it though... two of the previous cases, it's always buried in a sandbox. Now, why suddenly, behind all these bushes? Aren't there not enough sandboxes in Las Vegas?" He glanced around them and then looked at Sara, paused briefly before added, "But, you know, I think this is a great place to hide a body, because with all these bushes, no one's gonna see..."

He looked down at her, and a michievious grin formed on his lips, "That makes it for a perfect make out spot too..." He cocked his eyebrow playfully at her, watching her expression changed.

"If it wasn't for..." His voice was just above a whisper, his eyes bored into hers, "...the slowly decomposing severed hand releasing an awful smell right in front of us... I might just kiss you right now..."

Before Sara could say anything, he had got up to his feet and slowly walking away, "I also found a shoe print over here..."

His voice switched back to normal. But Sara didn't see a smile he tried to suppress.

Greg just loved to tease Sara Sidle...

Back