Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Takes a Lickin' and Keeps on Tickin'

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ryan/Jon #23

Actually I was thinking a lot along the same lines as you are.Ryan is maturing,becoming more confident. He seemed to have problems asking for help and confiding in people,acting before he fully thought things out and some of what he has gone through will help him through that. He obviously cares a lot about others,that may be something that could involve future story arcs for him.I can see him very nicely in a mentor type of role or relationship. I see the character evolving nicely.
I do too. I also think his change may have to do with the upcoming season. I'll put the rest in spoiler code in case I slip too much.

With the possibility that Eric could become "darker" he may also start being a bit unreliable. So, it had me wondering that maybe that's part of the reason we've seen Ryan evolving the past few months. Not to say he's going to just take authority over Eric or anything, but with that sort of storyline open for Delko, it's possible tptb just wanted to get Ryan at the right stage to be the stronger, more reliable CSI (among the 2 males anyway)- at least for this particular storyline. Just a theory.

Actually I was thinking a lot along the same lines as you are.Ryan is maturing,becoming more confident. He seemed to have problems asking for help and confiding in people,acting before he fully thought things out and some of what he has gone through will help him through that. He obviously cares a lot about others,that may be something that could involve future story arcs for him.I can see him very nicely in a mentor type of role or relationship. I see the character evolving nicely.
I do too. I also think his change may have to do with the upcoming season. I'll put the rest in spoiler code in case I slip too much.

With the possibility that Eric could become "darker" he may also start being a bit unreliable. So, it had me wondering that maybe that's part of the reason we've seen Ryan evolving the past few months. Not to say he's going to just take authority over Eric or anything, but with that sort of storyline open for Delko, it's possible tptb just wanted to get Ryan at the right stage to be the stronger, more reliable CSI (among the 2 males anyway)- at least for this particular storyline. Just a theory.
That is certainly an interesting theory. Perhaps if Eric isn't going darker,he is moving to another shift because of the E/C romance,he did say he would do that.It would be great to see Ryan as more reliable. Either way,I like it.

That whole scene about Ryan in leather pants sparked my curiosity! Ryan shirtless and in leather pants

:drool: Kat, you wouldn't believe the thoughts going through my head...uh actually you probably would. ;)

Hey, i'm new here and Ryan is my favorite in the show. He was/is the actualy the reason for me to watch the show. Jon Togo is a great actor and it's always fun to see him...

Welcome Cath.S! Glad to have another Ryan fan. He's the reason that I first started watching the show too. :)

SpeedyMeg, Eric said something like "those cute little leather pants you like to wear". :lol:

Oh ok, thanks!
If the show takes too long in between commercial breaks then I start to get distracted and miss things :p

I still don't think I could see Ryan wearing them...

Im a bit late, but hey, a new thread! So much Ryan love!
Cath.S- welcome to the thread.
Kristine- thanks for the caps. I'm not usually into Ryan wearing a tie, but he looked very hot last epi.
I dont think I could see Ryan wearing leather pants, but I can have fun trying to picture it :)

I was thinking,Ryan has had a lot going on this season.The fight with the Russian mob guy in Mark's home,the fire in the attic,getting kidnapped and tortured. In the last episodes he's been in the morgue when the grenade has gone off and been shot at. Do you think TPTB and writers are gearing up for something with Ryan. That seems to be Miami's MO ,to throw a lot at a character before making some type of change.
I think tptb are just finally at a point in developing him & all these incidents are helping him mature (as a person & as a CSI), & learn from his past mistakes. I think what we've seen IS the tip of his "change". I feel that tptb are moving him in the right direction now. He isn't in Speed's shadow anymore, his lessons have been learned, & he's developed a good relationship with Horatio.
I guess what Im trying to say is that I don't see him as the newbie anymore - he's gained the upperhand now & a little bit of authority, which is always good to see.
TPTB do, at times, use this pattern to stir up a biggie, but they also tend to use this kind of drama just to evolve the character.

What kind of "change" were you thinking though? Just curious. :)

You can add me to the list of people that believes that the incidences that happened to our guy this season is helping him mature and become the valuable member of the team we all knew he could be. I think the defining moment was WISC; before he was more inpulsive, less likely to follow the chain of command (AKA go to H) and now he seems more introspective, and more dedicated to his work. I think the trend will continue next year. Two things I would love to see: he becoming a mentor to Kyle and getting a little more respect and concern from the others on the team. Maybe with the more mature Ryan, he will get it:)

Oh, and welcome Cath.S; the more the merrier

Last edited:

It's quiet here... I wanted ask it long time ago, just wondering, what second name Ryan have? Jon have second name, his full name is Jonathan Frederick Togo. Do you think Ryan have some funny second name? Which one?

^ I don't think I've heard that Ryan has a second or middle name.Wonder if TPTB will ever give him one?

How about Jonathan,LOL.
Not knowing anything about his family,we don't know what type of name they would go with,or if they would name him after an older relative.
I actually do like Jonathan as a second name for him.

For my fan fic, his full name is Ryan Patrick Wolfe. He just seems more like a Patrick kind of guy to me. :) Though Jonathan would make a nice middle name for him.

That's an interesting question Orla. :lol: I think I told my friend jokingly once that his full name was Ryan Winston Wolfe. Ahaha, I don't know why I chose that name, but whatever. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back