• Takes a Lickin' and Keeps on Tickin'

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ryan/Jon #23

Sorry to disrupt the drool party, just my thoughts on last night's epi. :p
Ok, I didn't like it but that isn't my point here. Anyway, I was very impressed with Ryan's reactions & how he handled Tara's drug problem.
If anything at all I was so pleased that tptb didn't have him act irrational & overplay any anger. Ryan was perfectly portrayed - he was caring, sensitive & empathetic. Much nicer to see than him becoming overly angered from feelings of betrayal - which tends to be the norm in 'Miami', so I did enjoy how he was written for this occasion. :adore:

Ok, carry on with your drooling.

I agree. I expected him to be a lot angrier with Tara, but he was mostly just disappointed. Heck, he was angrier with Julia (probably for acting that way in front of her son which makes me wonder if there are parental issues for Ryan that are similiar to Kyle's) than he was with Tara.

I was thinking,Ryan has had a lot going on this season.The fight with the Russian mob guy in Mark's home,the fire in the attic,getting kidnapped and tortured. In the last episodes he's been in the morgue when the grenade has gone off and been shot at. Do you think TPTB and writers are gearing up for something with Ryan. That seems to be Miami's MO ,to throw a lot at a character before making some type of change.

I was thinking,Ryan has had a lot going on this season.The fight with the Russian mob guy in Mark's home,the fire in the attic,getting kidnapped and tortured. In the last episodes he's been in the morgue when the grenade has gone off and been shot at. Do you think TPTB and writers are gearing up for something with Ryan. That seems to be Miami's MO ,to throw a lot at a character before making some type of change.

What do you mean by change? I don't think they'll write him out or anything. I think he's already changed somewhat though. But, I really don't think the writers would see the morgue incidents as something being thrown at Ryan. I think the grenade thing was just a fluke and the the shooting thing was more thrown at H and Kyle than at Ryan even though he was the one who almost got shot. I don't think the writers would see it as about Ryan.

^ I don't mean write him out.I mean incidents seem to escalate whether it is a fluke or meant for someone else.Like Calleigh having so much happen to her in the last few seasons before getting together with Eric.Horatio changed after Marisols death,etc.
Ryan has changed in that he has matured,but I'm guess I'm wondering if there is something else that will change for his character.

hi just had lots of good images going through my head of Ryan in Leather pants :lol:

That whole scene about Ryan in leather pants sparked my curiosity! Ryan shirtless and in leather pants :eek:

Woahhh these images of leather pants are creeping me ouuuuuut!!!!

I'm pretty sure Eric was kidding.

I really hope he was...

I really hope he wasn't...:drool::drool:

*pulls head out of gutter*

AHHH! New Thread *celebrates* And it has that new car smell and everything!! :lol:

I just watched "Dissolved", and the hottness which is Jon Togo shoned at it always does! I felt so bad for Ryan having to turn Tara in, you could see the hurt and dissapointment in his eyes, most likely because he has been there himself once. The difference is that the team did not abandon him, and I don't think the same will be said to Tara. She hurt a lot of people, and I don't think she's coming back from that. Horatio sure isn't going to forgive her for a long while. A shame, it would of been interesting to see what kind of relationship Tara and Ryan could have had.

Anyways, cute as always, gorgious in anything! All around a good Ryan episode!!

gun+ryan=:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Hey, i'm new here and Ryan is my favorite in the show. He was/is the actualy the reason for me to watch the show. Jon Togo is a great actor and it's always fun to see him...

About the leather pants::lol:
i can't imagine Ryan wears leather pants... i mean...no :confused: ... Ok yes, but only with a motor bike ;)

Welcome Cath.S, it's always great to have another Ryan/Jon fan around here :D

So Eric said something to Ryan about wearing leather pants?
I apparently missed it :(
I'm not sure that I could see Ryan wearing them though...

Welcome Cath.S :)

SpeedyMeg, Eric said something like "those cute little leather pants you like to wear". :lol:

No, I can't really see Ryan wearing leather pants (maybe as a teen lol), but I could see Jonathan wearing them... and it's a nice image too. :D

Welcome to the board Cath.S! :D Always great to have more Ryan fans.

And SpeedyMeg: You did miss it! :lol:

I can't see Ryan wearing them, but I would reaaaaally WANT to see it. And the Ryan in my mind *coughfantasiescough* what? would wear them... :shifty:

Jeez whenever I post in here I'm such a fangirl.

I think tptb are just finally at a point in developing him & all these incidents are helping him mature (as a person & as a CSI), & learn from his past mistakes. I think what we've seen IS the tip of his "change". I feel that tptb are moving him in the right direction now. He isn't in Speed's shadow anymore, his lessons have been learned, & he's developed a good relationship with Horatio.
I guess what Im trying to say is that I don't see him as the newbie anymore - he's gained the upperhand now & a little bit of authority, which is always good to see.
TPTB do, at times, use this pattern to stir up a biggie, but they also tend to use this kind of drama just to evolve the character.

What kind of "change" were you thinking though? Just curious. :)

I think tptb are just finally at a point in developing him & all these incidents are helping him mature (as a person & as a CSI), & learn from his past mistakes. I think what we've seen IS the tip of his "change". I feel that tptb are moving him in the right direction now. He isn't in Speed's shadow anymore, his lessons have been learned, & he's developed a good relationship with Horatio.
I guess what Im trying to say is that I don't see him as the newbie anymore - he's gained the upperhand now & a little bit of authority, which is always good to see.
TPTB do, at times, use this pattern to stir up a biggie, but they also tend to use this kind of drama just to evolve the character.

What kind of "change" were you thinking though? Just curious. :)

Actually I was thinking a lot along the same lines as you are.Ryan is maturing,becoming more confident. He seemed to have problems asking for help and confiding in people,acting before he fully thought things out and some of what he has gone through will help him through that. He obviously cares a lot about others,that may be something that could involve future story arcs for him.I can see him very nicely in a mentor type of role or relationship. I see the character evolving nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back