Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Takes a Lickin' and Keeps on Tickin'

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
FieldMouse said:
I think Ryan and Eric are friends, but I think it's kind of a love/hate friendship. They fight and get in each others faces, but I think they would also have each others backs when it came down to it.
I don't know, i think Ryan cover Eric, but i never saw Eric cover Ryan :rolleyes: Maybe i just forgot :confused:

I remember only one situation: Eric helped Ryan in Nailed. And at that time I thought they would become real good friends but I was unfortunately mistaken. :(

FieldMouse said:
I think Ryan and Eric are friends, but I think it's kind of a love/hate friendship. They fight and get in each others faces, but I think they would also have each others backs when it came down to it.
I don't know, i think Ryan cover Eric, but i never saw Eric cover Ryan :rolleyes: Maybe i just forgot :confused:

I remember only one situation: Eric helped Ryan in Nailed. And at that time I thought they would become real good friends but I was unfortunately mistaken. :(
I didn't count that, cuz he did it for anyone and when he waiting Ryan in the end, imo, it was guilt, maybe he at that moment he give their friendship a try.

When i said cover i mean, if some of them making mistakes other one cover for him. Ryan did this, when didn't tell anyone that Eric have problems with eyes, he act like real friend, told Eric about his own problems and how he deny them. I don't remember Eric doing something like that for Ryan.

I didn't count that, cuz he did it for anyone and when he waiting Ryan in the end, imo, it was guilt, maybe he at that moment he give their friendship a try.

When i said cover i mean, if some of them making mistakes other one cover for him. Ryan did this, when didn't tell anyone that Eric have problems with eyes, he act like real friend, told Eric about his own problems and how he deny them. I don't remember Eric doing something like that for Ryan.

OK. Now I understand what you mean and from that point of view I agree with you. I also can't remember a situation Eric covered Ryan in such a way. Maybe we both have forgot it. :confused:

I agree with you Orla about not really counting what happened in Nailed as Eric being helpful towards Ryan in particular. It could've been anyone lying there and Eric would have done the same thing. Maybe he did feel guilty because it was his shift but again, it could've been anyone and he would have felt guilty. It just happened to be Ryan this time. :/

And "covering" as in making an excuse for I don't remember Eric ever doing for Ryan either. I do remember when Ryan told Eric it was fine if he was having troubles because he had lots of trouble with his eye. And I think he stated his concern for Eric more than once in season 5 after Eric came back.

I remember something happening in A Grizzly Murder, I think it was when Eric didn't know or remember about a tool or something they were using and Ryan had to explain it? :confused: Also in Broken Home which was Eric's first day back I'm pretty sure Ryan asked if he was okay and sure about everything, because Eric came back so fast.

And "covering" as in making an excuse for I don't remember Eric ever doing for Ryan either. I do remember when Ryan told Eric it was fine if he was having troubles because he had lots of trouble with his eye. And I think he stated his concern for Eric more than once in season 5 after Eric came back.

I remember something happening in A Grizzly Murder, I think it was when Eric didn't know or remember about a tool or something they were using and Ryan had to explain it? :confused: Also in Broken Home which was Eric's first day back I'm pretty sure Ryan asked if he was okay and sure about everything, because Eric came back so fast.
Yes, it all was, Ryan show his concern about Eric, but i never saw this from Eric's side. Even now, in season final, Ryan was surprised when Calleigh said him about Eric, he is not blamed Eric in anything, he again show his concern with his "are you sure?". If it was Ryan in the car, Eric said something like "he in trouble again" and go all mad, cuz it dangerous, cuz Ryan didn't thinking about lab and thinking only about hisself, etc. It's sad cuz when tptb write story like this to Eric he doing right things, if it Ryan he always wrong, bad, etc. :(

ps- Fieldmouse, I love your banner!

Thanks! egeria made that. :D

I don't know, i think Ryan cover Eric, but i never saw Eric cover Ryan Maybe i just forgot

I remember only one situation: Eric helped Ryan in Nailed. And at that time I thought they would become real good friends but I was unfortunately mistaken.

I think it was then that they realized that maybe they were both being overly sensitive about things. Pretty much the rest of that season, they did come across (at least to me) as good friends. I do miss that in the last few seasons because while they really haven't gone back to acting like they hate each other, that friendship that seemed to grow had kind of stalled out.

I don't know, i think Ryan cover Eric, but i never saw Eric cover Ryan Maybe i just forgot

I remember only one situation: Eric helped Ryan in Nailed. And at that time I thought they would become real good friends but I was unfortunately mistaken.

I think it was then that they realized that maybe they were both being overly sensitive about things. Pretty much the rest of that season, they did come across (at least to me) as good friends. I do miss that in the last few seasons because while they really haven't gone back to acting like they hate each other, that friendship that seemed to grow had kind of stalled out.

It's very true that the friendship that was starting had flattened, and IMHO it's because their personalities are similar. Both can be stubborn and hard headed when they feel they are right, which is typical in males in general. And since they both are not afraid to speak up, Eric and Ryan butt heads a lot. Though I think that having someone who can keep pace is a great attribute to look for in a friend; oh well Eric's loss because Ryan is one heck of a great friend.

typical in males in general

I agree starzgirl that them being this way had caused the progressing friendship to come to a stand still, but I also think it's because they are still in some way trying to see who will be the alpha male between them. What they fail to see is that compared to Horatio thay are both little boys fighting over a spot in the sandbox. They just need to go for beers and make-up.

Friendship or not, trying they be friend or not, if Eric in truoble Ryan help him and never see bad side of Eric's actions. Eric always see only one side of story, bad side and don't even want know other side and reasons. Yeah, Ryan told Stetler about rolling papers, but you see that he didn't want say it and trying say that it wasn't big deal. It was hard choose between saying true and protect man who still not your friend (at that time, they just began).

I have often the feeling that there is an invisible wall between Ryan and Eric. There relationship is very chilled. Imo Ryan wants to have a good friendship with Eric but it mostly seems that he runs against a wall. Maybe I'm wrong but it's just the way I see it.

I have often the feeling that there is an invisible wall between Ryan and Eric. There relationship is very chilled. Imo Ryan wants to have a good friendship with Eric but it mostly seems that he runs against a wall. Maybe I'm wrong but it's just the way I see it.
Agree, this is how i see it too, Ryan trying be a good friend, Eric don't wanna even try to understand.

Agree, this is how i see it too, Ryan trying be a good friend, Eric don't wanna even try to understand.

Hi i have to agree with the both of you , i noticed that in a couple of season 4 episodes, when Eric didn't let Ryan explain what was going on when he saw him giving Erica money, Eric assumed ryan was giving her money so he could get on tv .

lal said:
Hi i have to agree with the both of you , i noticed that in a wolfe in sheep clothing when Eric didn't let Ryan explain what was going on.
Exactly! It was more then once, remember season 7 premier? Why suspect him from the start, Calleigh at least didn't do that until she saw text message. But there i think they both was wrong, my first thought would be "it's can't be" or "Someone seat up us against each other", but they both immediately thought worst about Ryan :shifty: :angryrazz:

lal said:
Hi i have to agree with the both of you , i noticed that in a wolfe in sheep clothing when Eric didn't let Ryan explain what was going on.
Exactly! It was more then once, remember season 7 premier? Why suspect him from the start, Calleigh at least didn't do that until she saw text message. But there i think they both was wrong, my first thought would be "it's can't be" or "Someone seat up us against each other", but they both immediately thought worst about Ryan :shifty: :angryrazz:

Eric did not only suspect Ryan from the start he was also pissed because Horatio hadn't asked him for help to stage H's Death. When Eric asked Horatio why Horatio has chosen Ryan and not him Eric acted as if he would be a little boy. And imo Eric has made Ryan feel that: Eric wasn't chosen so Ryan has to be a kind of "scapegoat" for that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back