Role Play Rules: All Posters Please Read (UPDATED 7/23)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by LadySaraButterfly, Jul 6, 2006.

1. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

Re: Role Play Issues: All Posters Please Read

I've spent the afternoon reading the RPs and here are my conclusions:

1) i've noticed some of them aren't related to CSI: i asked people who wrote for those RPs to add a character from CSI, and quickly please or i will have to lock their threads, and trust me it's the last thing i wanna do...

2)Some members only write a line or two: please guys, could you write more? LSB already caught your attention about that, and you know we don't like to be ignored :)

3)On some RPs, there is only one or two minutes left between the posts: i'm sorry guys but it's considered as spamming , so it's against the board rules....What i want you to do is to leave at least 5 minutes between each post.

If everyone respects what i have listed before, everything will be okay on our little fanfictionland :D

Thanks for your attention, if you have any question, feel free to PM me or asking them here ;)

2. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

sounds good to me, although I've shifted to a diffrent location to rp, so I'm not here as much, but I'm still here! :)

3. sissi59100

That's okay miss, as long as you can follow those rules, everything will be fine :)

4. Wyoming

You can call me Jess. We're no strangers around here lol

5. sissi59100

Okay Jess :) you can call me Sissi or Sis , actually everybody can ;) i'm trying to keep up the writing mood here, i'm sure there are a lot of writers and some of them are afraid to write, they don't have too ;)

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

That's cool, I have posted two stories here
    and I want to write more..
    not that RP's are bad, I have actually been in two, they just wound up dying, my fault :eek: and the person I was with was in the same geographical area, so we were probably breaking the rules,
    but there obviously has to be some limits

7. sissi59100

Go writing! i love reading stories, everybody does ;)

that's actually the problem: everytime a RP is dying , another one pops up....If a RP is dying , try to find new members who will take the place of the others, PM them, do your best to keep it up, if you can't, i assume you can open another one but ONLY if you don't find anything to keep your first RP alive.

8. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

Nah Heather I dont think You and I break the rules at all I dont try and spam the RPs cause I know how annoying it can be (especially if You've been at work all day and You come home and a RP you've been in that was on page one when you left for work all of a sudden went to Page 9 or more) Most of the time I Post twice at Night and Maybe once or twice when I come home from work
    and Sissi I have to say sometimes getting new people involved in the RP is just as hard You dont know HOW many times I've had to get new people to join MY RPs and all these times the new people Just let them die as well
    thats why I myself have given up on making New ones (the last two probably being "The Big Move" and "The return of Laura Sidle one" I join others if they Need a Sara and thats it

9. Wyoming

At the moment, I've stopped joining rps here unless I'm asked. I'm in way too many, and that's part of my problem lol. So as of right now, I'm trying to lower my numbers.

10. sissi59100

Well maybe it's time to write stories :D While i was reading the RPs , i've seen that most of you caught the personality of their character, why not writing a story on their POV? Actually i would love to see more stories popping up then RPS, a story is more personal and reveal something special about you and the characters you had choose...Slash or not, shipper or not, friendship, angst , every story is appreciated here,(as long as it stillunder the PG13 meter ;) ) and i'm sure i'm not the only one waiting for stories :D It would be easier than for the fanfic awards ....

Sissi

11. Wyoming

I have a crap load of them, I'll put them up here but I don't want to clutter the boards with all of my writing....I'll put my only beta'd one up, it isn't that good but.......*shrugs*

12. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

Jess I'd love to read your stories. I'm sure they're great. ;)

13. sissi59100

And of course, i totally agree with my little cofi :D everyone here would love to read stories, you can open your own thread like Hestia did, and post your fics ;)

Can't wait to read them

Sissi

14. Wyoming

My first one is up. I'll post them as I get them beta'd. That way I wont spam

15. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Takes a breath of relief. Thanks sissi and I will back you up with anything you need help on. I have not been around being a mod as much as I need to here lately, but sometimes real life keeps you very busy. I am very glad to have sissi on board and I feel like she is going to make some great changes here to help fan fic section out. :D