Role Play Rules: All Posters Please Read (UPDATED 7/23)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by LadySaraButterfly, Jul 6, 2006.

1. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

It has come to my attention that some of the role plays are being posted in excessively. This borderlines one of the rules here at Talk called Spamming.

Spamming: You can't post the same thing multiple times on the board, or post the same thing over and over in a certain thread or forum, or continuously make posts that have no real content or relevance to what is being discussed. Spamming can even just be posting too much - as a general rule, don't post more than two or three threads in a forum within a reasonable length of time.

Fan Fic is a section on talk for creativity. I know many posters in these role play threads are very capable of making more than one line posts. So, I am proposing that all people who participate, please keep posts at least three lines or more in length.

Please help out by taking time, use more description and thought. Make these role plays really come to life. This benefits both the poster and reader making things more interesting. Plus, gives everyone the opportunity to not have to catch up reading a large amount of posts.

I just want everyone to have fun in the Fan Fic section.

Thank you! :)

2. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Re: Role Play Issues: All Posters Please Read

Actions have already been taken to solve this problem on my part. Thanks!

3. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

I'm only in one, but thanks for the info! I was noticing that too, that there are a lot of RPs out there! and A lot started by the same people, or with the same people.

4. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

that's a wonderful initiative LSB!!! hope people will write more on the RP

5. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

thanks for writing that LSB I am in a few and I'm the kind of person who doesnt like one word or one line answers (even if its not in RPs)I like My Rps to be in depth like its the actual show type thing (or a fanfic) but its hard to have a in depth conversation with someone who only gives you one word or one line answers
    Can I also add I dont mean to be rude by saying this but I've noticed alot of RPs from other shows (NCIS,House etc) I dont think that should be allowed being as isnt this supposed to be strictly for the three CSI's? (If i'm wrong please correct me)

6. ShuriyuCSI

ShuriyuCSI Judge

^ Well.. If you're doing a crossover with them tied in for a certain reason, it's okay.

7. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

well Yeah I figured that but alot of them arent cross overs
    I've noticed alot of NCIS RPs (that like I said arent Cross overs) that have been popping up over the last couple of days
    is that allowed?

8. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Thanks for the input everyone and support. I hope we can make the role plays just great!

I am not sure Fan Fic is just restricted to C.S.I. stories or role plays. I will have to look into that for you.

9. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

thank you LSB thats been bothering me for awhile but I didnt want to seem like a mean snobby sort of person by bringing it up so I figured i'd ask first
    I have a few other things that sort of bother me Again I'm not a mean person but can I just say (in a civil manner) that it bothers me when someone joins a RP and totally gets blown off by the people that allowed him or her to join in the First place (take me and being Sara for instance I've been in quite a few RPs where I say something and i'm completely overlooked by the Person who asks me to join and the other people in the RPs)
    the other thing that bugs me Now I understand we all have lives I Know I do I dont have a problem with that what I have a problem with is when someone joins a RP but never responds in it at all
    My opinion is dont join one unless it really interests you and you can find the time to atleast respond once
    Is this wrong of me to think this way? what is everyone elses opinions?

10. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

If you join by invite and your posts are being looked by who your character is addressing, that would defeat the purpose of you participating. I would contact the person who started the role play with this issue. Ask why your posts are being looked over and then if this continues nicely decline.

I do agree however, once a day at least is all one really needs to reply in a role play they have joined. That way all the other people have something to respond off. Or if the person can't respond or is going to be away (happens alot in life)then there should be a note left to let everyone that character/person will be absent.

11. sissi59100

i have an idea, well maybe that's a stupid idea but well that's one :lol: : everytime i take a look at the RP there always more than one member who wanna be the same character, so why not choosing two people for one character so if one can't join , the other can take her/his place at that time, so there will be no "time off" problem :)

that's just an idea ;)

12. Roosey

Roosey Captain

It's a good idea! I like it! I'm only in one RP, so.. :)

13. sissi59100

thanks Roos!! i hope you have fun on your RP, actually i hope everyone does ;)

14. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I appreciate everyones Imput and LSB thank you You've actually helped me alot again I dont mean to sound rude or naggy these things had been bothering me for some time now I was just curious to know if it had bothered anyone else
    as for the RPing atleast once a day thing I dont even mean that neccarically For alot of us we cant come on all the time, Take me for instance I work during the day I cant constantly post all the time but I try as much as I can when I come home from work,I also have a few good friends that can only RP at night (and not every night) so they RP but not all the time (I guess my main issue was just that people Join them and never post at all)
    Sissi I do like your idea of having a subsitute character for when you cant be on the only drawback of that is if another shipper comes in as that character and tries to turn the RP into thier ship BUT I guess if You make it clear what Ship is in the RP (Or if theres no ship at all) that shouldnt be a problem
    I have one more request I was wondering is there somehow we can Pin RPs because My Friends and I have hard time finding some of the ones we're in because the fanfic section is so filled with not only RPs but fanfics as well (If not thats okay I thought I"d ask anyways)

15. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

you can add rps to your favorites list. There is an option on the left hand side on the bottom of the page under "Extra information" it's right under the moderator name. When you're looking at your rp, click that button, and it will be under your favorites on your home page. That way, you won't lose it until you take it off of your favorites list.

Hope that helped.