Role Play Rules: All Posters Please Read (UPDATED 7/23)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by LadySaraButterfly, Jul 6, 2006.

1. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

Re: Role Play Issues: All Posters Please Read

Well you are right about another section for RPs but that's not a possibility yet. I hope you will be a part of the next RPs.

2. Cordelia_GRS_Fan

Cordelia_GRS_Fan CSI Level Two

I don't know if I'll have the time to be on waiting for a chance to grab the character I want (I generally only play Nick or Sara in LV, Lindsay in NY and I don't play in Miami. I don't enjoy playing the others really) so I may just give up entirely. I've got my site so I'll try and get that up and running instead.

I personally feel that you're probably going to lose a hell of a lot of members because of this change.

Xx Mia-Sara xX

3. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I do agree with you in alot of aspects
    but Honestly I"ve given up on alot of mine THERES really only one i'm concerned about and I'm talking to My Friend about moving that one
    We can also Move our Big Move one to our site as well
    I DO agree however that I dont think its fair to other people
    I personally think the One Lined ones should be closed Not the good ones But *shrugs* what can you do

4. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

You've already lost me, I have my own website that I rp on, and I'm moving all of the ones I don't want closed there. I'm all for a change, but this is really not fair. Closing down rps that have good plots, nice paragraphs instead of one liners(Which I find myself doing because a lot of ppl I rp with don't give me anything to write off of, but that still doesn't mean they're not good at it) should stay. I think one add a line for each show is acceptable, but the rps, each one is unique...well, as long as they have a plot for it. I never join the ones that are just like.....I'm bored so I'm starting a rp. If you're bored, then you have enough time on your hands to write a fic. But one rp per show I think is kind of stupid.

The auditioning I see has caused quite a spark. I didn't want to say anything about it at first because I wanted to see what everyone else would say, and I wanted to know your reasoning before I went and totally flipped. I don't like the idea of an audition, because, if you don't get your canon character, how are you suppossed to get better? I'm not looking to start a fight, and I don't want to sound really rude, but that's just my opinion and by the sounds of it, not a lot of people are happy with the rules. It's not that there shouldn't be any rules, but they should at least be reasonable. Just because the board name is fanfiction, doesn't mean they all HAVE to be fanfics. Roleplays are fanfiction too, they have just as much a right to be here as the stories do.

5. Cordelia_GRS_Fan

Cordelia_GRS_Fan CSI Level Two

I agree with Jess. And I think alot of people on here do too. Probably the majority.

Xx Mia-Sara xX

6. sissi59100

That's too bad you guys are taking it this way but that's the rules maybe they will change slightly but the main idea was told: if no one wanna participate to the new RPs, fine, there won't be RP but i still think is sad and you know why? cause you already push a way this idea without trying it first. Why not? But you guys are free to do what you want: if you don't wanna be a part of that , that's your choice.

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm also in agreement with the previous posts.

8. Wyoming

Well, I think making people audition, is a really unfair way of doing it. Mostly because if you are turned down, then the person will think, oh, I'm not good enough for this. I suck. Which is not exactly the best way of getting one's confidence up.

9. sissi59100

well that's not the purpose of the audition but think about it: what would i do if 6 members wanna play the same role? How should i choose one of them without being unfair on the other's eyes? the audition is a way to show how you see the character, what you would bring to that character , what you enjoy on this character etc...Besides since the RPs won't last more than two weeks, everybody will have a chance to play the character they want. If a member wasn't choose to play a main character he can play another character of the RP , there is no problem with that, only the main character of the RP will have an audition , not the other.

An example: the RP ship will be GSR but Greg, Nick etc will be a part of the RP. Only Grissom and Sara characters will be auditionned , not the others.

But if there is only one member who wanna play Griss or Sara, there won't be any audition.

10. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

dont get me wrong I do agree with everything all of you guys just said but I'm honestly not as heartbroken as I thought i'd be
    for several reasons PARTLY because me and Cordelia have our own RP site and we'll move the good ones there
    Secondly because ALL the RPs I was in were one liners and People who arent good (short Cordelia and Krystal)
    and Thirdly I'm MORE into my POTC ship now then I am the Snicker thing (its easier to ship a ship when it happens)

11. Wyoming

Do it like it has always been done. First come first serve. There will be other rps, and other chances to be that character. Especially since the people here are nice and will often give up a character if someone else really wants it, but I guess it's not up to me sooooo.. I guess I'll see you around the shipper boards, cuz I'm done here.

12. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I'm not an expert with RPs but I think I can say this. Even it's said that RP is kind of fanfiction, this section was created for fanfics, not RPs and it's been actually... a gift for RP people that RPs were accepted by the moderators of the forum. Since some RPs have been a problem to the section, rules have to be made to solve those problems. And that's what the moderators of the board try to do here.

You can suggest seperate forum for RP, but the only way is to PM or email TBonz. She makes decisions. If there's a good reason.

New rules are always hard, but how do you know it doesn't work before you see how it works? How many nowaday CSIM fans said CSIM will suck before they saw it?

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

*peeks in, speaking as a board member* I read the RP's and I have read the rules, and alot of the comments, and all I can say is it could be alot worse, there could be no RP's at all, just shut them all down no warnings, and not allow another one. It would seem to me that its better then nothing at all.

As Ducky pointed out suggest a separate board via Pm, Email or QSF, what are they going to say? Yes or No.

I use to RP on another board (another show) and personally we could have done with alot of these rules that are up. but at the time we went with what we had and try to deal with it, which was bad looking back. I guess something the saying of don't fix what isn't broken doesn't always work, but there is also another saying, sometimes things aren't as they seem, meaning it might seem fine but it really might not be.

I was surprised that people wouldn't give the rules a shot before they got all ticked off by it, and opted to leave, while I am sure there will be some members staying and even some who might agree to the rules, those who want to leave, I am sorry to hear that, it is your choice and I wish you and you're RP's Well. For those who will be staying and will be giving it a try I look forward to reading your Rp's.

14. sissi59100

yeah that's what i'm asking : give it a try first and see how things will work.

Anyway i thought that i should do a little change on the rules, mainly because of the ships: there will be 2 RPs per show from now and the deadline will be extend to 4 weeks.

15. Misery

Misery Pathologist

I have to say that I think that the rules are more than fair, especially regardning the audition thing. The main problem is that not all of the people are in the same time zone. So, some don't have the chance to claim one of the main characters (which is the most important thing).

An the other thing, PM's exist for a reason. People can communicate through them to arrange who wants to play which part.

I really don't see what's the big deal about this. Because now all I hear is: "If I'm not the main character, I don't want to participate."