Rick Stetler/David Lee Smith--Some Bad Boys ARE Cute Up Close!

Which Rick Stetler do you like? Nice or Nasty?

• Mean and nasty!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The IAB Agent with a Heart

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • If Rick Stetler's on, I'll watch!

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did go back and watch his seasonal debut in Chip/Tuck. First time I watched that I missed Ron Saris calling him "Stetts". And boy, the look Rick gave him? Whoa Nellie! Not that I blame him.

Then I think Ron Saris said something like "C'mon Stetts!" and Rick sort of had to follow him.

Not sure why I missed that the first time. Thank God for YouTube.

First of all, Hi, crimekat! I didn't know you were on this forum. Good to see you here. I hope you stick around. :)

Alamance, no, I don't think Rick liked being called Stets, either!!! :eek::lol: I could really see the wheels spinning in his head when he heard Ron call him that. He was only putting up with it because he wanted the information Ron was giving to the Department as a confidential informant.

I remember in one of the earlier episodes where Eric has a mishap in the lab and evidence gets destroyed, and Rick overhears Eric call Horatio "H". He complains to H about how his being called that by a subordinate could be seen as a lack of respect toward a superior, so you can imagine how pissed it made him when Ron called him "Stets." :eek::lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry, Crimekat. Didn't mean to ignore you. Hopefully there will be more Stetts and Red this coming season, as HnStetlerFan so eloquently says! :guffaw:

A month from now, DLS will be in the movie, "Mending Fences" on the Hallmark channel. Will he have a strong part in it, or will the movie be chick flick-like with the female characters too much at the forefront? I'm actually feeling optimistic about his role in it. I think it will be good. And no matter what, it will give us a chance to SEE HIM in something new before having to wait till season 8 of Miami.

I guess the only thing I'm concerned about is the possible political leanings, which is why I have yet to see The Man From Earth. And that's all I'll say about that. I come here to discuss and have fun, not to stir up a crap storm. Let's just say I've become very, very leery about Hollywood and how they have to politicize everything lately, especially where it comes to chick flicks. If you go back and check out the early years, CSI Miami was very political. In this case I agreed with their politics.

That aside, I've noticed something here in this thread. It seems like our IAB guy wants so much to be like Horatio. If you check out the banners and the icons, I think he's finally getting that chance. :guffaw::lol:

That aside, I've noticed something here in this thread. It seems like our IAB guy wants so much to be like Horatio. If you check out the banners and the icons, I think he's finally getting that chance. :guffaw::lol:

:guffaw:Uh, yes! In my avatar, I can picture it happening like this: Rick is going out in the field with H, and H is letting him drive the Hummer. Rick is trying to nonchalantly look around as he's getting into the Hummer to be sure he's being seen. And of course his eyes can't be seen behind those dark sunglasses. He didn't want to buy the EXACT same kind of shades as H, but he picked out a really close pair. But Rick's have the double bars to attach the lenses together at the nose area instead of the single bar that H's shades have.

I read an update about "Mending Fences" through DLS's IMDB site. Yes, it IS going to be a "chick flick" in that the main story is about the daughter of the Angie Dickensen character moving back to the small town where she grew up. She thinks that she's going to be getting away from big city problems only to find out that there's a water war going on in the small town. So, it's kinda obvious that the Angie Dickinsen character and her daughter will be the main characters. But DLS's character is definitely going to play a role in helping to fight the water war along with them. Any way you look at it, at least his part will be bigger than in Zodiac!!! So I will get a nice big dose of him. Ohhh, but I have to tell you that we all are going to have to wait till July 18th now to watch this movie because another thing this latest article says is that Hallmark changed the schedule.

As I was driving along to where I'm at now, the radio was abuzz about the Santa Ynez Valley (the town where Mending Fences is supposed to take place) and the talk guys were yacking about how Michael Jackson's funeral is going to disrupt the area, and jam up the Ventura Freeway as well.

I am looking so forward to this movie. And for some reason, it didn't dawn on me till a couple weeks ago, that I might get to see DLS on a horse in this. And maybe, just maybe, I'll get a glimpse of the *fur* since he'll be dressed in casual western-style riding clothes? :drool: Oh please yes.

And I'm curious to see the Miami spoilers for the first couple eps when they start coming in. He better show up and not be missing like what happened last season. I want that storyline with Saris to continue, and I want to see Rick in more eps in general. I hope TPTB is not going to disappoint us Rick fans this coming season.

Ooh. Open shirt, nice tight Wranglers, perhaps. :thumbsup::drool: I'm gonna like this.

That area's actually not far from where The Man From Earth was filmed, in Agua Dulce. My sister has a house up there. It's pretty rural.

A week from tomorrow Mending Fences will air. Yay! I can't wait. And I'm hoping for an open shirt and nice, tight Wranglers, too. :drool: That sounds perfect. Get your Bon Bons ready, Alamance.

Actually, there's an added bonus for me. Hubby will be out of town that weekend, so I'm gonna need someone, er, uh, something, to keep me occupied. ;)

BTW, went to imdb and saw the clip where you got your siggy. That's pretty funny. Wonder whether Horatio was resting his eyes or just thinking about something. Or someone. :lol:

Actually, there's an added bonus for me. Hubby will be out of town that weekend, so I'm gonna need someone, er, uh, something, to keep me occupied. ;)

BTW, went to imdb and saw the clip where you got your siggy. That's pretty funny. Wonder whether Horatio was resting his eyes or just thinking about something. Or someone. :lol:

Maybe the heat has gotten to me, but what clip are ya talking about?

I did see a promo for Mending Fences when I was purposely watching the Hallmark Channel last night in hopes of seeing one. They only showed Angie Dickenson and Laura Leighton. I'm feeling cranky so I'm going to give the Hallmark promo person a :angryrazz: for not showing our guy. And because I'm feeling cranky (I don't do well in hot weather) I hope I'm not anxiously awaiting this movie just to find out DLS only has a tiny scene in it. Another :angryrazz: and a :klingon: at the thought of that. I'd better get a nice big dose of him in this.

The clip from Chip Tuck in which Horatio is resting his eyes and Rick comes up behind him to inform him that Ron Saris is now an informant.

Okay, Hallmark. You heard HnSFan. DLS better get nice and sweaty and have open shirts. If he's going to be doing farm work, I want to see him with his sleeves up and doing some nice, heavy, dirty chores. (And the occasional back shot wouldn't be too bad either! :drool:)

Oh, wow, where do I start? I can't say enough good things about "Mending Fences" and David Lee Smith's performance in it. He was so wonderful in this. He got to be a total good guy. And he was in it A LOT. :):drool::thumbsup: No tiny bit scene in this; I got a huge dose of him. I watched it over at my Mom's (where the DVDr still is) and after the initial scene with him and Angie Dickinson, I told her to call 911, my heart can't take so much handsomeness at once. :lol:

He got to really shine as a leading man in this. His acting was excellent. I love all the expressions he can do. When Ruth Hanson said, "Walter, I'm disappointed in you," he gave one of the cutest hangdog apologetic looks. Awwwww. He's beyond adorable when he does that look. :adore: I want a sequel to this movie! I want to be Kelly Faraday!!!

:guffaw:
I want to be Kelly Faraday!!!

Are you sure the song "Save a horse; ride a cowboy" isn't playing in your mind?

I agree. Wow! Just wow! DLS really had a chance to show what he could do in Mending Fences. And here I thought it was just going to be another girlie movie. He was the strong, honorable ranch hand. I do believe DLS even did his own stunts. Anybody else have hot flashes when he was on that horse? :adore:

Not sure, but I think they made him shave his arms. Look at the picture in the Hallmark website. Looks like he's got his arm fur, but if you remember the scene in which he's knocking at Kelly Faraday's door, his arm is smooth. Sorry HnSFan, not much of a fur fix. Guess they didn't want to scare the kids (although he did lean down a couple of times and give us a glimpse of glory!)

Good news for you Stetler lovers.

According to info posted in the spoiler thread,Stetler will make an appearance in the second episode of the season.

Are you sure the song "Save a horse; ride a cowboy" isn't playing in your mind?

No, it's definitely playing in my mind. ;):devil::drool: And he's such a tall, lean and fit Thoroughbred of a guy, too. Yummy!

I agree. Wow! Just wow! DLS really had a chance to show what he could do in Mending Fences. And here I thought it was just going to be another girlie movie. He was the strong, honorable ranch hand. I do believe DLS even did his own stunts. Anybody else have hot flashes when he was on that horse? :adore:

*YES* And it was a wish come true, too. I knew he'd look especially sexy on a horse and he sure did!!! :thumbsup::drool:

Not sure, but I think they made him shave his arms. Look at the picture in the Hallmark website. Looks like he's got his arm fur, but if you remember the scene in which he's knocking at Kelly Faraday's door, his arm is smooth. Sorry HnSFan, not much of a fur fix. Guess they didn't want to scare the kids (although he did lean down a couple of times and give us a glimpse of glory!)

:lol: I didn't notice the part you're talking about where the arm fur was missing *cries at the thought*. And at least I got to see some of the top of the fur when he wore those T-shirts. Oooooh, that was great. :devil::drool:

*Thank you sooo much for that awesome news, Greatfan!!!!!!!*

Last edited:
Back