Rick Stetler/David Lee Smith--Some Bad Boys ARE Cute Up Close!

Which Rick Stetler do you like? Nice or Nasty?

• Mean and nasty!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The IAB Agent with a Heart

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • If Rick Stetler's on, I'll watch!

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm excited about the awesome news too. :D

I missed the movie, but I'll have to keep an eye on the viewing guide on my cable box for it to come on again. They have changed the channel number for the Hallmark channel several times and I have a hard time keeping up with it. :lol:

Good news for you Stetler lovers.

According to info posted in the spoiler thread,Stetler will make an appearance in the second episode of the season.

YAAAAAAAAY!! Thanks, Greatfan. Maybe they're gonna finally do this right! You can't convince me IAB isn't going to be all over this.

GNRFan, if you google the Hallmark website or imdb, I think it will have times. Worth it. DLS is fantastic. It even has its fair share of funny moments. I've never been much of a fan of the Hallmark channel, but this made a believer out of me. I'm even considering emailing them and asking them to maybe do a sequel or something.

Good news for you Stetler lovers.

According to info posted in the spoiler thread,Stetler will make an appearance in the second episode of the season.

YAAAAAAAAY!! Thanks, Greatfan. Maybe they're gonna finally do this right! You can't convince me IAB isn't going to be all over this.

GNRFan, if you google the Hallmark website or imdb, I think it will have times. Worth it. DLS is fantastic. It even has its fair share of funny moments. I've never been much of a fan of the Hallmark channel, but this made a believer out of me. I'm even considering emailing them and asking them to maybe do a sequel or something.

I really hope they do a sequel. And they left certain things unresolved, so there could be one.

*pouts* I don't have cable or satellite so i missed it *headdesk* Does anyone know if its going to come out on dvd?

*pouts* I don't have cable or satellite so i missed it *headdesk* Does anyone know if its going to come out on dvd?

I don't know about if it'll be available for rent, but you could check Hallmark's website to see if they have it available to buy.

Well, I've been trolling the spoilers for S8, and maybe it looks like DLS is going to be in 8.2, but maybe they're finally gonna give poor DLS a break! Hopefully no more 2 minutes, 2 lines with screaming loud tie. That's all I'll say because I don't know how to make those spoiler buttons.

[*spoiler=title you want to appear]your spoiler info goes here[*/spoiler] Just take out the astericks. :)

I also hope they don't give him any more ugly ties. That lime green one was the worst. :lol: I mean, that would work for the Joker or the Riddler, but not for Rick Stetler. :lol:

Thanks, GNRFan

Ep 802 Hostile Takeover

The episode opens with Jesse Cordoza (Eddie Cibrian) entering the lab and approaching reception. He talks to receptionist Danielle who tells him that Horatio is out in the field but will be back soon. Jesse then hands Danielle his gun to put in lock up until he is officially part of the Miami Dade Crime Lab, then he will be able to carry it around the lab.

As they chat the elevator door to the lab opens and a smoke bomb of some kind is tossed into the lobby. Chaos insues and Jesse is momentarily stunned. When the fog clears, Matthew Sloan is standing there with a gun trained on him and Danielle....he has now taken them hostage and has partial control of the lab. Ryan, Natalia and Calleigh manage to get out of the lab with most of the staff....not truly realizing who Sloan has as hostages until they look over the lab's surveilance footage.

Matthew seems unstable...saying he will only speak with Horatio Caine and no one else and unless Stetler gets him there he is going to kill a hostage. He gets down to the count of 34 seconds before H grabs the phone and says hello. Matthew wants money and helicopter...he goes as far as to lie to H about who is he really is. He is off his psychiatric meds....in the end he wants his son back....he feels wronged and he wants H to prove it.

Eric, in my spoilers is no where to be seen....but if the writers are actually going for realistiness here...it would make sense that he is not back yet. The only mention, that I saw, of the premiere is Calleigh defending herself to Natalia that when she shot at Eric she had no idea it was Eric until it was too late....she reacted and thought it was a suspect...she did what she was trained to do. She also contends that Natalia, in her situation would have reacted and done the same thing b/c it is what they are all trained to do. Natalia doesn't seem so sure....however by the end of the ep, she seems to understand.

Interestingly enough, it seems that H welcomes Eddie Cibrian's character back to the lab as "CSI Cordoza" not just a cop....so who knows if he is going to be just a detective or if this character is also a CSI???? Not really sure on that. What we do know is that he worked with Horatio way back when before he transferred to L.A.

YAAAAAAY! It works!

I hope there will be a change for the better with Rick's ties this next season. In my opinion nothing was worse than the one he wore in "Dissolved". It was the color of spinach just like Hollyyo posted after the ep aired. The swirls on it looked just like pieces of spinach. If they make the ties this bad, I'll just airbrush them to grey like in my current avi or maybe recolor the entire tie and make it a nice one.

Wouldn't it be funny to make an avi of Horatio wearing a super bright psychedelic tie??? Something really colorful. I've been tempted to make an avi or banner with him wearing something like that. :lol: I think it would look cool against his black suit.

I wonder if...

Rick will be one of the hostages in this ep :eek:

Last edited:
I hope there will be a change for the better with Rick's ties this next season. In my opinion nothing was worse than the one he wore in "Dissolved". It was the color of spinach just like Hollyyo posted after the ep aired. The swirls on it looked just like pieces of spinach. If they make the ties this bad, I'll just airbrush them to grey like in my current avi or maybe recolor the entire tie and make it a nice one.

Wouldn't it be funny to make an avi of Horatio wearing a super bright psychedelic tie??? Something really colorful. I've been tempted to make an avi or banner with him wearing something like that. :lol: I think it would look cool against his black suit.

I wonder if...

Rick is the one who first talks to the HT (hostage taker) and HT says no go, he wants to talk to Horatio. So, I don't think Rick is a hostage. That would be interesting to see though. But from the scene played during the interview Eddie Cibrian did, it's just Jesse (Eddie's character), some other guy and two women (one woman is injured) who are hostages.

I wonder if...

Rick is the one who first talks to the HT (hostage taker) and HT says no go, he wants to talk to Horatio. So, I don't think Rick is a hostage. That would be interesting to see though. But from the scene played during the interview Eddie Cibrian did, it's just Jesse (Eddie's character), some other guy and two women (one woman is injured) who are hostages.

You realize that, if that's all true, though Rick may not be a hostage himself, this is going to put him in a lot of danger. Wow, looks like our IAB guy might finally do something heroic. I just hope it's not going to be the same old tired storyline where Rick messes it up and Super H has to ride in and fix everything. :scream:

GregNickRyanfan posted:
[/QUOTE]

Alamance posted:
You realize that, if that's all true, though Rick may not be a hostage himself, this is going to put him in a lot of danger. Wow, looks like our IAB guy might finally do something heroic. I just hope it's not going to be the same old tired storyline where Rick messes it up and Super H has to ride in and fix everything. :scream:
[/QUOTE]

Amen to that my friend. :rolleyes: I mean I like Horatio being a hero, but I'd like to see Rick get to be heroic this time with this hostage situation. And don't worry, in the script thingie I read, Rick was fine at the end of the episode, walking and talking with Calleigh. This is that point of the script where he was called *Lt.*

Rick could be one of the hostages, GNRF. We don't know for sure because they don't make it real clear who all is taken hostage, and Rick likes to hang out in the reception area. Well, not actually hang out :lol:, but he has often been seen going up to it when he first arrives at the lab. And I'm kind of thinking that's the reason why he becomes the one who the HT gives his demands to. And also, he is the highest ranking person (even if he is still Sergeant at this point) who is currently in the building.

Last edited:
Back