Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

The last movie was 'The Quiet'. Although it's thriller, I thought it would be a mix between horror and thriller. I guessed I just wanted to get scared. *Sighs*. Instead it was quite harmless, even if I felt like I was exposed to inconvenience. I did feel feel ill-at-ease because of some incest-scenes

2. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

The Ugly Truth
    Absolutely loved it!! Katie Heigl is so awesome and funny. The underwear scene was priceless. I watched the movie with mom and we were literally ROTFL during that one scene. Gerard Butler is also really good, I really liked his character. I love all the movies with Katherine Heigl.

The Proposal
    Watched it twice in two days, because it's sooo awesome! One of my favourite movies. Guess I should watch more of this type, because I usually watch horror/thriller, but every single one of them is messed up. The Proposal is just PERFECT. The storyline is very predictable (maybe because I saw What Happens In Vegas, which is kinda similar to it). I didn't even know that Sandra Bullock was such an awesome actress. No, I don't want another fandom. I have enough *tries to fight feelings*

10/10 to both movies, well, 11 to The Proposal if possible :D

3. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

i saw Paranormal Activity and it scared the hell out of me! Demons and the Possessed freak me out to no end. i could not sleep after that movie...at all! it's supposed to start out slow because it builds up the suspense. it's not supposed to be "in your face" ghosts and demons.

they used the door slammed to bring audiences in but there were scary parts in that movie. the ouija board moving by itslef and catching fire, the loud banging downstairs, the door slamming with a loud roar and gowls on the other side, let's not forget being dragged down the hallway by an invisible monster! and there was the climax where she lunges at the camera in the end and you figure out she's possessed...but that's just my opinion of scary

i thought that the thuds in the hallway were genius because you know something is there but you can't see it. that is what makes it scary, the feeling of being helpless against something that can't be seen and knowing that there is nothing you can say or do to make it go away. people are mostly afraid of things that they can't see and don't understand...i say Good Job Paramount Pictures!

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I think the reason it's considered scary is because of the way they build the tension- since you're basically watching the video camera roll in the couple's room at night and waiting for something to happen, when something does, of course you jump.

Overall, it's not really that scary, but it's presented in that "something suddenly happens" style, so I can see how people can find it scary. That and the fact that stories presented as "based on true events" tend to scare people more because they think it can happen to them.

5. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Amelia- the film was ok not impressed with how it was written. it did focus on Amelia Earhart's famous flights but i felt it focused more on her relationship with her husband and another man more than her flying accomplishments. Hilary Swank was brilliant she looked exactly like Amelia Earhart.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

PontyPool- This was the weirdest movie I think I've ever seen. The ending made no sense at all... and the little bit after the credits was even weirder. :lol: Just left me saying :wtf:

7. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

The Big Sleep- one of the 4 Bogie and Bacall movies. the movie is good but it gets a little bit out of hand and confusing with so many people dying and more mysteries popping up. Humphry Bogart and Lauren Bacall were perfect together, two fiesty people going at with brilliant chemistry. for this movie being made in the '40s there was a lot of racey dialogue which gave it a good edge.

8. GregNickRyanFan

Orphan- Honestly not sure how I feel about this movie. It was okay I guess, but I always get a little ticked when the previews say "you'll never guess the secret" and then I do less than halfway into the movie... which I did with this one. Honestly, it was a little similiar to an episode of Special Victim's Unit that I saw a while back.

9. chazzawazza

chazzawazza Witness

Went to see Zombieland last night, 1 word-amazing! Very, very funny and I think it's on a par with Shaun of the Dead. The humours different to SOTD but then one's a British film and one's an American film so they both work in their own ways. Woody Harrelson is hilarious aswell. Oh and it has the BEST celebrity cameo i've ever seen in a film! It's passed Drag Me To Hell as my favourite film this year (which by the way I still stand by the fact DMTH is a great film lol :p)

10. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Iron Man. One word: fantastic! Absolutely loved it despite some earlier reservations. Robert Downey Jr was awesome and probably, no, definitely the right choice for the role. No one else could have pulled it off that well! He is Tony Stark and the film lives from his presence.

You should definitely watch it if you liked X-Men or any other comic adaptation.

11. GregNickRyanFan

^ Iron Man rocked!

Just watched Dark Reel. It was okay... another one of those where the killer is predictable. I figured it out from the beginning. :lol: But I guess its just that I've seen so many of these movies by now that it just doesn't surprise me anymore. :lol:

12. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Reefer Madness. That film is ... ... ... very weird. Very weird. I can't really tell whether I liked it or not. The songs were good and I just loved Kristen Bell and Christian Campbell but ... I guess if you like over-the-top satirical musicals, you'll love it but I think I'm just not deep enough to appreciate it fully ;)

13. GregNickRyanFan

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen- I loved this movie. I think it was better than the first one in some ways.

14. 915

915 CSI Level One

I loved Revenge Of The Fallen I liked it twice as much as the first one it was excellent I almost went to it twice when it was in theaters. Okay just saw Bolt a little while ago with my family when they rented it, it was a nice cute movie what can I say I still love Disney movies no matter how old I get. :)

15. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Jurassic Park - The lost world. I really loved the first movie, which was great. It also scared me the first time I saw it, but back then I was only a little kid. This movie is crap. One of the main characters is an annoying kid, who I want to strangle, which is bad. It is also just ridiculous when it is a T-Rex running around in a big city.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.