Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Was it as bad as The Day After Tomorrow? Cause I thought that was agonizinly long and boring. :lol:

Feeding Grounds- Boring! They don't even show you what the creature looks like... all you see is its hand/arm. Other than that, you see infected people being dragged away, but you can't see what's dragging them.
    Theres a group of friends and all of them get infected except one girl. And guess why that girl doesn't get infected? Cause she's a vegan! :lol: One person asks her "how come you're not sick" (the infection causes them to become sick at their stomachs, nuff said) and her reply is, "because they know I won't eat them". Huh? And how do they know this? It's a creature/animal. How do they know if someone is a vegan? that's stupid. :lol: Made no sense whatsoever.

2. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

^I like The Day After Tomorrow. I've seen it a few days ago for the -I don't know- fifth time or so. Even if the scenario isn't possible for real but Imo it's not a stereotypic disaster movie with a "supernatural all-knowing" hero, a damn stupid woman, two nerving little children and a dog, who falls in a hole or so. :rolleyes: I don't like such run-of-the-mill movies like Dante’s Peak or Deep Impact.

3. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Kimbo08, I was planning to watch 2012 :eek: I'm shocked to read that it sucks so badly!

Crank 2 - High Voltage
    Well, it wasn't as good as the first part, but I liked it. Was a little boring, though. But I still think that the guy is hot :D I really didn't understand the ending scenes...

why didn't he just jumped into the pool? Didn't he realize he was on FIRE??? I was like okay, what the .... is going on? I thought he was gonna do something at least. Weeeird.

4. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Having a Wonderful Time- very cute Ginger Rogers movie. it's about Rogers's character needing to get away from hectic NYC and her crazy life living with her family so she goes to a camp up in NY State. i liked how her character's family all lived together and was the reason she needed a break b/c it reminded me of my family haha. Lucille Ball and Red Skelton are in the movie as well and they were very good. i was a little shocked with the sexulity that was suggested in the movie considering the time period it was made it but that's what made it enjoyable to watch.

Dr.Jeykll and Mr.Hyde- i watched the 1941 version with Spencer Tracy and Ingrid Bergman. i enjoyed it. Spencer Tracy did a fantastic job as both Jeykll and Hyde. Ingrid Bergman was nothing short of fantastic as a bit of a tart. the funny thing with her was she would speak with her accent very clearly and then use british cockney that sounded hysterical with her Swedish accent. Lana Turner was also in the movie, this was the first movie i saw with her and she was very pretty.

The Men Who Stare At Goats- hysterical from beginning to end. George Clooney was fabulous he can do any role he's given. the whole concept was original and so funny and obsurd, i enjoyed sitting through it.

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

My boyfriend decided that it was time to watch a great movie......2012:lol::rolleyes:...I agree with Kimbo, one of the worst movies ever.

All the scientific theories behind the belief the world is gonna end by that date were thrown somewhere....I don't know where 'cause I couldn't find any logical thing in what they said.
    I won't even start talking about the characters escaping from the final earthquakes (I mean from the one in Manatthan Beach LOL).

I believe in God and I define myself a religious person, but OMG the portrayal of th Italian Prime Minister who turns down the offer of the "free" ark for him & his family and goes to die while listening to message of the Pope...the whole scene (along with the disaster starting from Sistine Chapel Ceiling of Michelangelo) was freaking hilarious as well as the other disasters LOL

As for the characters....I fell in love with Sasha (the Russian pilot) and I felt so bad for him and his lover when they died.

On a last note, OMG Patrick Bauchau was also in this movie. Every show I've been watching lately features this guy (guy....he's not guy anymore, but oh well LOL). Anyway, I recognized his Belgian accent immediatly LOL even if, this time, he was speaking French and not English.

Well a very bad movie, but at least we laughed sooo much LOL

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

There are a lot of spoilers in there ^^^... I think you need some serious spoiler codes happening.

7. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I caught a midnight showing of New Moon with my sister Thursday night. Unfortunately the theater we went to didn't actually start the movie until about 12:45am... which was ANNOYING... but whatever.

Alright, so, the movie.

Kristen was as bland as ever. I don't know if she was directed to be so very very dull or if she's really just that bad, but my GOD, if they'd put a cardboard box in her place, it probably would've played the character more convincingly.

Robert Pattycake or whatever his name is held his own but was nothing special. Plus, he was pallid. And gaunt.

Taylor played the long-haired, happy-go-lucky Jacob really well, but then it came time for him to clomp around everywhere half naked and scowling at everything, and I was less than impressed. Well, I was very much impressed with his physique, don't get me wrong, but I've seen the way teens can angst all over the place, and he didn't pull it off quite as gracefully as I've seen before.

The cinematography SUUUUUUUUCKED. Too much freaking spinning. I literally got nauseous a few times.

Lots of uninspired and downright cheesy dialog.

And the frolicking scene. OH MY GOD THE FROLICKING SCENE. I laughed so - bleeping - hard!!! Even the die-hard Twilight fans were laughing. It was just... SO ridiculous. If/When you see the movie, you'll know what I mean.

All in all, it was awful. The pacing was sluggish, the overall acting was tiresome, the plot was all but nonexistent, etc. I was much MUCH happier to get home and watch the last season 5 Supernatural episode of the year.

8. GregNickRyanFan

Visioneers- One of the most boring movies ever! Ended up fast forwarding through the biggest part of it. It was pointless. All they did was sit around in their office and blab all of the time. :wtf:

Race To Witch Mountain- Pretty good movie for a movie geared toward kids. The special effects were pretty nicely done. It just bugged me how the alien kids kept calling The Rock's character by his first AND last name all of the time. :lol:

Outlander- Awesome freaking movie! I generally don't like movies set in this time frame, but man this one was just so good. Nice effects. The creatures looked awesome! Jim Caveziel as the lead. :drool: And the other guy is the one from Eastwick that the ladies on that show said looked like Johnny Depp. :lol: I don't know his name IRL. I think it's Jack something though. :lol: But anyway, a good movie. May have to buy myself a copy of this one. :lol:

9. MakeTracksCowboy

i do not ever plan on seeing this movie but just based on your awesome and totally hilarious review i know this movie is absolutely horrible.

you definitely have the best comment about Kristen Stewart i have ever read and i will agree that a cardboard box could act better than she could.

10. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Bad Santa:

I thought Billy Bob Thornton was alright. But his character was just plain pathetic, as he was rude to everyone and kept drinking all the time, which wasn't good for his bladder.. And that kid was annoying. I have no idea why, maybe because he really thought that Santa exists and therefore treated Willie (the bad santa) nicely?

11. Missing

Missing Pathologist

2012 --not that great
    driving on roads crumbling and that plane going through the ash (ya right) He would have never survived even some of those things let alone all of those--and bedsides will all that explosisons and volcanic crap wouldnt the earth be unihabitable for longer than those ships would last??

New Moon -- Well I have to say that I liked it but then again I am new to this Twilight stuff --have not read any of the books and just watched the first movie a week ago. But I do like the story and the myths, and I have to say that I am looking forward to Eclipse in June 2010:thumbsup:

12. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Well here's some coincidental timing... I'm watching New Moon as we speak and I'm about halfway in and all I can think is, "Jeeze is this going to get better or what?!!!" :lol:

It says something when you're watching a film (online) and you feel the urge to take a break and surf around your usual sites in the middle of it! ;)

13. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

The Christmas Carol

Wonderful! Fantastic movie. A mother figured i's an animated so why not to take 5-year old with her. Uhm...think again. Not really material for 5 year old unless you want to cause nightmares.Otherwise brilliant animation and soundtrack.

14. MakeTracksCowboy

there was a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers marathon running on Thanksgiving so i recorded most of them. i was only able to watch two before i had to hike it back to school.

Carefree- silly plot and silly scenes. Ginger Rogers had me cracking up most of the time, she was a very good comedic actress. not too many dancing scenes only b/c Fred Astaire was supposed to be a psychatrist. best scene was Ginger Rogers walking down the aisle with a black eye haha.

Top Hat- this is considered the pair's best movie but to me it was ok. my favorite scene was them dancing to "Isn't It a Lovely Day", she followed all his moves and was wearing pants haha. for a 2 hour movie with a plot where Ginger Roger hates Fred Astaire it gets a bit boring but as always the dancing is incredible.

Up- saw this in the movies but i got it last weekend for my bday. one of the cutest movies i have ever seen. i watched this with my family and they all loved it too. my grandparents have a dog like the one in the movie so we were thinking of our dog and if she could talk..... it would be just like Doug in the movie!! haha.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Night At The Museum 2- I thought this was silly, but pretty cute. I think I like it better than the first one. They should have explained what happened to the woman from the first movie though, but there was no mention of her at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.