Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

The Changeling (80's horror movie)
    I really really loved it. It was scary (as horror movies are supposed to) and you could just feel the tension!

2. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Disturbia

I think it was good, although I expected something else. Someone told me it would be pretty scary and that I shouldn't watch it alone :rolleyes: Okay that was not the case! I watched it alone and wasn't too scared. It was kinda predictable what would happen next but all in all I liked the movie.

3. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Disturbia

I saw it three times within two days :D I loved it. My favourite character is obviously Ronnie. He's such a cutie, and he's funny. I also liked Kale's mother. Robert Turner was CREEPY. I love the storyline and the movie, I highly recommend it. :)

Sin City

I haven't seen it before, seriously. :p I'm not saying it was good, it was kind of... strange. I liked the way the monster guy looked for Goldie's murderer. Oh and I must admit that Jessica Alba looks good :D

4. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Mr. Fix it

Romantic comedy with David Boreanaz (lead in Bones) and Alana De La Garza (who played Marisol in csi miami). It was pretty good, but I handn't expected any different. Okay it's a romantic movie like any other but it kept me entertained and that's the most important!

You, me and Dupree

Slow start, got better as time passed! Got nothing more to say really except that I wished Dupree ended up with Molly. I like him better than her husband Carl :lol:

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I just watched Into the Wild and while I will admit it is not a movie for everyone, I liked it. The filming style was interesting, and the scenery was pretty amazing. A tragic true story told from an interesting perspective- all they would have had was the guy's journals and possibly interviews with people he met along the way... Anyway, a lot more of an existential angle than I was expecting, but still an interesting movie.

If you don't like rambling, sort of self-indulgent styles, you may not like this one though. ;)

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

The Prestige

I saw this film a few days ago, and I thought overall it was quite good. The first 30 minutes I thought was hard going, as I didn't see where this film was going and whether or not I was going to make it through the rest of the film without falling asleep, but after that it improved dramatically! Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale were both excellent in the movie and I loved the cameo role by David Bowie. As the film is about magicians trying to out do each other you can imagine the twists, the ending was very good. Highly recommended. :D

7. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Butterfly on a wheel

Although my favorite actor, Pierce Brosnan, is one of the leads the movie failed to entertain, let alone inspire me. It was very boring and I just couldn't feel sorry for the victims... It was pretty predictable, I knew how it was going to end.. I didn't even watch it completely, just after half an hour I skipped to the last 5 minutes to see how it ended..

8. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

I've seen a few films recently:
    La Vie en Rose:

It was very good, I had no idea the Edith Piaf's life was so sad. It was a very well made film and had me crying by the end , It went on a bit but was a very good movie. Would definitely recommend. It's about French singer Edith Piaf's life.

Madam Bovary: Is it possible to say that this is the most boring movie in creation? I fell asleep during it and when I woke up and fast forwarded it to the end it was still boring. Hardly any plot. Do NOT see.

White Countess: This was the last film film makers Merchant Ivory and despite the amazing costumes and it starring Natasha Richardson, Ralph Fienes and Vanessa Redgrave this film was not very good. It was terrible and is not Merchant Ivory's best. I have to give it credit for the amazing sets and costumes though! And Natasha Richardson does a pretty good Russian accent.

9. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Across The Universe

I won't spoil too much of it, but if you like or love Beatles music, then this is a movie to see. The actors and actresses really do sing and the colors and visions are amazing. I highly recommend it!

10. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

1408 really kept me guessing, which I love. It reminded me of my favorite movie, Identity, not only because John Cusack is the lead, but because it keeps you intrigued and in suspense until the end. The visual effects where awesome, to say the least, and the acting was spectacular; as usual, he's John Cusack for cryin' out loud! The only think I didn't like about it was the ending, it kinda left you with a "That's it? I'm confused." feeling, but once I went back and watched it a second time, it made more sense. All in all, I'd say 1408 was a great movie, I highly recommmend it and give it a 8/10 as far as psycho-thrillers go.

11. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I watched the Invisible.
    It wasn't what I thought it would be. It was okay up to the ending.
    Annie died right in his arms., He could have saved her. He could have called for the nurse. He knew she was dying and even after seeing her with her young brother Viktor he still let her die. That was a horrible ending and he still went and played with her brother. That was wrong. He took his sister away from him, then he befriends him. It could have ended way better than that.

12. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

sidlewannabee, I've edited your post to include the spoiler code, as your post does give away the ending of the film.

Everyone, please remember that when it comes to reviewing a film you have to be mindful about what you post, and what is considered a spoiler to someone who hasn't watched the film. If you feel that a part of your post may be a spoiler then please include a spoiler code. Thanks. ;)

13. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^The last film I watched was European, a Spanish one, El Orfanato ( The Orphanage ), it's a scary movie about a woman that came back to the orphanage she grew up in, with her husband and son (very creepy, scary place). The child makes some "imaginary friends", something happens that could be linked to dark secrets on the past...Victorian atmosphere...
    Good movie and scary !!!

14. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Saw 4

Not bad and just like the others in the way of contraptions. Focuses mostly on why Jigsaw did what he did. I would recommend it for anyone who likes the Saw series.

Could someone who has seen this tell me how the heck could that end scene from Saw 3 be there (with Jigsaw dead and Amanda dead on the floor) for that one officer to find but then we see Jigsaw still on the autopsy table?? Really confused about that one. Thanks

15. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

The last film I saw was Cactus Flower, starring Walter Matthau, Ingrid Bergman and Goldie Hawn, for which she won an Oscar. It was such a funny movie. I was laughing so hard at the farce of it all.
    Matthau's character lied to his mistress (Hawn), telling her he was married when he was actually not and she wants to meet his wife. He asks his secretary/nurse (Bergman) to pretend to be his wife and that's when the chaos and hilarity ensue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.