Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I just saw The Nanny Diaries on DVD. Although I'm a big fan of Scarlett Johansson, the book was so much better than the movie. I was disappointed that the movie didn't meet my expectations. Nevertheless, it had its funny moment.

2. Sweet_Fantasy

Sweet_Fantasy Hit and Run

I've wanted to see that movie for al ong time now, but I never got to.....

I recently saw that new movie ith amanda bynes, sydney white...

It was really good, and I don't really do those teenage movies, lol...

It had a great storyline, and it was really funny too...

also some very hot boys, lol!

3. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

Strangeland
    This is one of my faveorite movies. It's got Dee Snider and Robert Englund in it. It almost this guy named Captain Howdy who lures people he meets in chatroom to his traps (body modification traps) and he captures a detective daughter and he's out to find him and save his daughter it's a awesome movie and I love it.

4. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I just saw Maybe Baby on DVD. It stars Hugh Laurie and Joely Richardson. Even if it bombed at the box office, it was an enjoyable film. It had me laughing much throughout the film and sniffing at the touching scenes. :lol: I just loooove British comedies! :D

5. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

I just saw Being Julia I loved it. It's by far Annette Bening 's best film, she is simply marvelous in it. i would recommend

I also saw the kiwi comedy Black Sheep and loved it also. Absoutly hilarious and filled with NZ humor. Definitely a watcher.

Black Sheep website: Here!

6. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Great choice of movie. :D I too love it so so much. At first I had see few Hugh Laurie avas from this film and do my best to find it. Wow all this great combination of HL + piano + British humour make me go crazy. :lol:

Ok back to the topic, the last film that I saw was Donkey Xote - very funny animation. The donkey, Rucio, tells the true story of Don Quixote - hehe this is so good entertainment. :p

7. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I love it too now as well. Definitely a great combination, I agree. Watching it was such a riot. I'll never get tired of it. It was that great! :lol:

8. saraneth

saraneth Witness

I am going to revive this thread!

Last movie I watched was How The Grinch Stole Christmas last night. My christmas favorite =]

Of course Jimmy Carrey is an amazing Grinch. It is a magical, wonderful movie with a lot of holiday cheer. I love it.

And the last movie I saw in the theaters was the Bee Movie I think. I took my four year old brother to see it. It's a totally adorable movie. Funny beyond all belief. Great movie for the kids and family.

9. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

I saw The Bone Collecter, The book by Jeffery Deaver was better but the movie was fantastic! Great performances from Angelina Jolie and Denzel Washington 9/10

And Dead Silence-I think Saw was a hell of a lot better than it. But it freaked me out with all the dolls and it was pretty good though! 8/10

Peters Friends: OMG love! Emma Thompson, Imelda Stauton, Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry and Kenneth Branagh! Great Brit comedy and worth watching! 9.5/10

[Ot] Mandy I love your avvie, Flack looks like a pengiun! :p

10. saraneth

saraneth Witness

Dead Silence was actually pretty good but I didn't think it was fair the way the cop died. But that's horror movies for you. And you are right, Saw was def better.

The director of Dead Silence made another movie called Death Sentence. It's a revenge movie. I think it's totally bad ass. One of the greatest. Garrett Hedlund is in it along with Kevin Bacon.

11. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

saraneth, according to the board rules, you can have an image OR text in your signature banner. Please remove the text (or whatever you prefer). You can give credit to the banner maker in your profile which you can find by clicking on "My Home" at the top of the page. Thanks.

Mr Bean's Holiday
    I had time to watch it. At last! The storyline sucked, maybe because I'm not fond of France, but Rowan Atkinson played better than ever. I was ROTFLMAO, especially in the scene in which he was trying to stay awake while driving.

12. saraneth

saraneth Witness

Okie dokie. I'll change it. Thanks for letting me know! I read the rules but I think I missed that one.

13. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I just had some kind of crazy chick flick bonanza or something because I watched The Holiday, which was pretty good, and Because I Said So, which was also not bad. I thought that The Holiday needed a little more Jack Black, but overall I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Because I Said So wasn't quite as good, but it still had its moments... and the hot guy didn't hurt! :lol:

14. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Hahaha! Yup! Come to think of it Flack does look like a penguin! :lol: :lol:

I love Peter's Friends! The first time I saw it was when it came out in '92...Just saw again recently and I still love it! Amazing British ensemblé comedy.

The last film I saw was Wild Hogs. This was such a hilarious film. My stomach was aching from all the laughter by the time the credits rolled.

15. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

The 40 Year Old Virgin

LMFAO, good one! I really liked the storyline, the main character was a sweet guy, I also liked his friends, lol. I didn't really like the guy who was also Phoebe's husband on Friends. BUT they mentioned David Caruso (LOL) and Bad Boys (yeah, Marg fans know ;)). I liked the end of the story, but the ending scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.