Ratings: CSI vs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI Ratings versus Grey's Anatomy

I hate Grey's Anatomy, give it one more season, then it's gone

Honestly, I think Grey's is really starting to over-advertise itself. People tuned in because they made SUCH a big deal out of this episode, but in reality the reason people watch is because of the personal stuff, and the HUGE TALKED ABOUT episode was all about them being doctors.

So... we'll see what happens next week. Unfortunately, Meet Market was the weakest of the Keppler episodes (again, IMO) so it wasn't a huge draw into this one, especially when Grey's was pulling out all the stops.

sarahvma said:
"Grey's Anatomy," 15.2/22, moved ABC into the lead at 9 p.m. and was the night's most-watched program. The return of William Petersen to "CSI" brought a 13.7/20 to CBS.
Not sure where you got those numbers, but TV Guide online had the following:

The onset of Grey's Anatomy's three-episode ferryboat-fire arc (24.95 million) and the return of CSI's Grissom (22.28 mil) gave each show a million-viewer bump.

Ya zap2it has Grey's at 14.1/21 and CSI at 13.2/19. This means both of these numbers are down from last week, which makes it very hard for me to believe so I expect them to rise. So we all have different numbers now.

I guess we won't figure it out until the final numbers come out.

I hate to say it, but I'd like to see CSI have it own night. I mean look at House, with no competition it is now gotten better numbers then Grey's and CSI the past 2 weeks.

That's weird - I saw an increase in both. Hang on - let me check the Futon Critic - he's usually right.

I hate to say it, but I'd like to see CSI have it own night.

Definitely. The show is too good right now for them to just be in this pissing war over ratings.

Okay, Futon lists them as: 13.7/21 (CSI) and 15.2/23 (Grey's)

This will sound wishy-washy, but honestly these ratings meant more when the season was going into a bit of a boring lull.

The funny thing is that, in my opinion, of the four highest-rated episodes so far, three of them were the worst of the year.

Loco Motives, Happenstance and Leaving Las Vegas. Not to say that they were awful - we haven't gotten an awful one yet - but they were definitely the dullest, I think.

So if you're a viewer bouncing back and forth, and those are the ones that you see, wouldn't you be likely to just tune back to Grey's?

if you look at zap2it for the entire season, they have csi listed at #5 and greys tied at #6 with desperate housewives.
when i ran a test including this weeks numbers the value dropped, but is still not significant. the value must be less than 0.05 for the difference between two sets of data to be considered significant and were still at 0.68. so like i said before, the difference in the ratings we see each week is due to the sample they are using.

We can forget about CSI winning this week, guys. Grey's ended the last episode by drowning their main character.

Will she survive?

Of course.

Even with the MCSK... I dunno. Grey's has a three-part drama fest. This week will be the second installment, and then the week after the third.

So perhaps after the dust has cleared, CSI will be able to get the upper hand.

Ya but look at the stunts GA has to use to top CSI. CSI will forever be remember as being far more successful, and Grey's might only have one more season left in the tank.

I can't figure out why GA is still around, honestly, but buzz works. I watched a good deal of the Grammys last night, and the only promo I saw for CSI: LV was during the credits. I guess they are satisfied with letting the show coast on it's reputation.

i think after they so heavily advertised WTG last year, they learned promoting so much doesn't always turn out in a good way. it's better to be positively surprised than dissapointed with a show. i think TPTB prefer people to acknowlegde it themselves rather than bombard them with annoying commercials. this is just a very well toned promoting campaign, and i like it.

I guess I'll play devil's advocate. Don't get me wrong, I have watched CSI since its first episode and definitely prefer it to GA, but why is there so much animosity towards GA. If CSI and GA weren't directly competing against one another and GA was on a different night, would there be this much analysis of the ratings and hostility.

Well, WTG's ratings weren't really CBS's fault. Will and Grace, in the same timeslot, was ending that week, and it was the first time it had ever been in the top 10 that I can remember. So it did drain some of the audience.

I think that it could be as simple as the fact that CBS might know right now that its fanbase watches online or tapes, judging by the message boards and wiki that they set up. So I don't think that they're throwing up their hands in surrended. Grey's may be hot, but CSI isn't lying when it says "TV's Most-Watched Show" - it's syndicated more than Friends, it seems, and it hasn't even ended yet.

It's just annoying that CSI: New York & Miami win their nights easily, and Las Vegas has more viewers then both but always comes on the short end of the stick.

It's just annoying that CSI: New York & Miami win their nights easily, and Las Vegas has more viewers then both but always comes on the short end of the stick.

Well, it should say something about CSI that it doesn't win its night, but still has more viewers than Miami and NY, and they're newer shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back