Ratings: CSI vs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI Ratings versus Grey's Anatomy

Okay!

I'm going to do something a little different this week, since we're really more doing the "ratings poll" for fun than a real competition.

This will be the second week in a row that CSI won't have Grey's against it.

Now, the catch is that Grey's will be airing a "highlights" show. Which either means that it's the usual ABC thing of recapping the entire season, OR it will be a dreaded clip show. I think it's just going to be the recap, but people could get fooled into thinking it's a new episode. *shrug*

Either way, instead of having everybody write them down and pick "a winner", I'm just going to do a plain old poll.

Ratings will go from 20-30 (hopefully it's not lower than that. lol.) and you can pick any one among the line.

Argh! I'm an idiot. Here's the poll:

Obviously there are no, like "22.4" options, so vote on whatever you would "round up" to, and then post your real answer, if you prefer.

Question: How many people, in millions, will watch Big Shots this Thursday?

So we are guessing, in millions, how many people are going to watch CSI this week?

So we are guessing, in millions, how many people are going to watch CSI this week?

Yep - same concept as when we do it with people voting and I put them in a big chart, only more anonymous.

I put 23, because I'm optimistic that the positive reviews and later TiVo viewings will bring a few more people next week.

That's because I was an idiot and didn't post it the first time. lol.

I guess my answer would be more of... oh, for anyone who wants to get specific, we can still treat it like a contest. I just figured for the more casual poster, a poll would be better.

So my "official" guess is 23.3 million

im being optimistic too :) i picked 23 but i think it will probably be 22.something. but a girl can hope cant she? :lol:
numbers for last week were lower than i expected, and agree it could be due to casual viewers not knowing a new episode was coming on. here in canada i saw no advertisements for it at all.
i would just like to add that after running stats on the numbers for the season so far there is still no significant difference between csi and greys numbers ;) ie its all sampling error

I went with 22, because this weeks episode doesn't look as appealing as last week's, even though I've seen as many promos for Big Shots then I saw for Empty Eyes already. The NCAA championship Monday will prolly help a little bit too.

here in canada i saw no advertisements for it at all.

Yeah - I don't recall them really doing much in the way of promoting it - and it's usually the number one show ehre.

lol @ sampling error. Oh, we can hope, can't we?

I mean, the other thing is that CSI didn't even have its old timeslot for re-runs for the past 2 weeks, so the casual viewer wouldn't necessarily even tune in to see if it was new.

But we'll see. CSI's ratings began (as you can see from the blue line on the chart) to drop in the second half of the season, picked up a little near the end, but then the Will and Grace series finale was at the same time as the CSI finale, so... *shrug* It was the first time that W+G was in the top 10 for Nielsens, so clearly they had a big surge in viewership.

sarahvma said:
This will be the second week in a row that CSI won't have Grey's against it.

Now, the catch is that Grey's will be airing a "highlights" show.
The highlights show is not this week, Apr 5. It is the following week, Apr 12. See my earlier post for details.

The highlights show is not this week, Apr 5. It is the following week, Apr 12. See my earlier post for details.

Oh! Okay, sorry about that. Thank you!

So CSI will have two more episodes against repeats/highlights of Grey's?

Is it just me, or do CSI and Grey's try very, very hard to schedule as many episodes away from each other as possible? I mean, if one is doing a rerun, the other's almost guaranteed to do a new show. I just wonder if both shows are, in fact, not trying to step on each other's toes, as they really don't share much of the same audience anyway.

I think ABC realized what a mistake it was to have greys on against CSI, since they lost viewers this season also...

That's a good point, xfcanadian. If they'd put Grey's on for 10, say, instead of 9, both shows might have even higher numbers right now, as people who do watch both wouldn't be forced to choose - kind of like it is in Canada. (I imagine ER would have given up the ghost at the time of such an announcement, as I think NBC had been planning to cancel the show and only decided to keep it last minute. But I could be wrong on that.)

That said, it is pretty impressive that two such huge shows can co-exist in the same time slot. Thank God for DVRs and VCRs, is what I say. (Well - what I said until a few episodes ago anyway, when I stopped watching Grey's.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back