Ratings: CSI vs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI Ratings versus Grey's Anatomy

Hopefully people tuned in last night cause that was an episode for the ages, so many unexpected twists. I loved the beginning scene as well, with the camera in the miniture.

P.S.-Only Grissom would open his mail with gloves on!!

Ratings are in- Damn Grey's wins again with a 16.0 rating and 24 share. CSI was 13.7 rating with a 21 share. Which means Grey's is down from last week and CSI stayed at about the same.

No, Grey's is up. They had 15.1 last week. They're way up. The encouraging factor is that they didn't drag CSI down like I thought they would.

And everyone at TWOP is saying Grey's jumped the shark last night - hard.

Ya now that I look at Grey's numbers again from last week I'm not sure why I said they were down.

I used to like Grey's and have stopped watching a few episodes back. I mean I have always prefered CSI, but Grey's was good at one point in time. It did become shark bait in my opinion last night if not before...my friend told me all about it. She is a die hard Grey's fan, and she even said last night they were getting way too over-dramatic. SO only time will tell!

CSI_fan247 said:
I stopped watching Grey's Anatomy so CSI ratings would go up!!
kaitlyn
Unless you have a Neilsen box or diary, it did not make a difference in the ratings. But thanks for your loyalty.

Talk about treadmill - their preliminary ratings are identical to their premiere ratings.

CSI: 22.5
Grey's: 25.4

lmao.

I'll take that as good news as far as CSI fans go.
Not to mention the fact that Grey's ended on a cliffhanger where its main character was drowning to death, and it was the first time they so much as matched their premiere numbers.

Apparently Nielsen counts the re-runs shown on Thursday for both shows in the ratings. Because of this, CSI is actually this season's number one scripted show:

Zap2It Don't Lie. lol.

HAHAHA Yes, CSI prevails. Technically it is America's Most Watched Show, and combine those numbers with Spike's, CSI will go down as one of the most successful television series' ever.

HAHAHA Yes, CSI prevails. Technically it is America's Most Watched Show, and combine those numbers with Spike's, CSI will go down as one of the most successful television series' ever.

For anyone curious, that IS for this season and goes up to February 11th's show.

And yeah - I thought CSI was in hotter water, but I guess they aren't advertising like crazy because... there's really not much need?

If this is how they do their ratings, does that mean CSI has been the #1 scripted show every season with the exception of season 1??

If this is how they do their ratings, does that mean CSI has been the #1 scripted show every season with the exception of season 1??

Probably. I know they were last season for sure.

And they won season 3 and 4 overall, beating even the reality shows

Just thought I might throw in how CSI is stacking up against Grey's in Australia. They're both airing at 8:30pm on Sunday's, and Grey's topped CSI at 1.7mil to 1.2mil, both shows kicking off last Sunday.

And article on the ratings roundup appeared in the Herald Sun and can be found on their site: Seven leads Nine a merry dance

on www.jumptheshark.com, CSI has been put on the "Current Shark Sighting" list, but Grey's got the shark byte of the week for their last episode.

As an FYI? Grey's is two votes away from making a shark jump their official highest ranking. CSI is about 110 away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back