Not open for further replies.
allmaple: 25.2 million
Dragonfly Dreamer: 23.4 million
Adzix: 23 million
brass lives[/b]: 22.3
Sarahvma: 21.6 million
Miss Dee: 20.8 million
4ENSIX: 20.2 million

I'll go with 22.3. But I'm rooting for allmaple to win.

Aren't we all? lol.

Grey's deserved the win last night, and it deserved the People's Choice. CSI just was not that good last year.

But this year? No question it should be reversed. It all hinges right now on the second half of this season. Right now, people are obviously tuning in, and the numbers have stayed steadily above 23 million for a few episodes now (barring the Thanksgiving episode).

On the other hand, Grey's couldn't top its premiere numbers, nor its second-episode numbers. I think they're on a downslide.

It all hinges on how well they promote the Liev storyline (I mean for the episodes until Grissom returns), and frankly... I was jazzed about it having been to www.whoiskeppler.com, but the ads themselves suck.

I think CSI is going to get clobbered this week, but if Liev's performance is as good as it looks, it'll be back on top the week after.

i actually have no idea how this week will turn out. winning the peoples choice didnt bring in viewers for greys, their numbers went down. but with the globe win maybe people will tune in, who knows.
i for one broke my attempt at being spoiler free and went to the who is keppler site, and their clips are amazing. i cant wait to see it. i have to wait an extra day to see it since the school band is going out for dinner. dont they know thursdays are off limits?!?! :lol:
like i said, two weeks ago was an amazing episode. but it could hurt them that they took a break in between new episodes. but i guess it was intentional to put grissoms return right in the middle of february sweeps.

sarahvma said:
Grey's deserved the win last night, and it deserved the People's Choice. CSI just was not that good last year.

I agree that CSI was not great last year, but even a so-so episode of CSI is better than a soap opera! Sorry to Grays fans, but I just get so annoyed that they are getting multiple awards when CSI has been great for years and they only have a SAG to go with their People's Choice awards.

There were a few really great episodes last year. Rashomama is on my top ten list for the entire series. CSI could have won at one of the award shows that choose one or two episodes to base their votes on. If they chose the "right" episodes to send out, anyway. Sometimes their choices are confusing.

I agree that CSI was not great last year, but even a so-so episode of CSI is better than a soap opera! Sorry to Grays fans, but I just get so annoyed that they are getting multiple awards when CSI has been great for years and they only have a SAG to go with their People's Choice awards.

I don't want to completely cheapen Grey's win here, because again, I do think they deserved it, but...

Back in its second and third seasons, when it was nominated, CSI was going up against shows like The West Wing.

There is no West Wing for Grey's Anatomy. There is no huge, really well-produced show that they're going against.

Last year was not a good year for TV.

And so I think that if CSI's Season 2 had gone against the same choices that Grey's had, it too would've won.

Right now, though? As nice as awards are, I think CSI has always enjoyed being the Scorcese of award shows - it's the "fan's choice". I think losing the People's Choice Award may have hurt more than the Golden Globes.

They're used to being snubbed by organizations, perhaps because of their flashy style and less characterization (I believe Marg is the only one of them who's been up for an award for this show, and that should say something) so it doesn't lend itself to the usual trend of "To get an award, you had to have someone die or cry".

Either way - the ratings are what people will be watching for the show. Ultimately, you can win every award in the world, and still be cancelled, like Arrest Development, because no one is watching.

CSI, ratings-wise, is getting its groove back, and Grey's is losing its.

Hopefully that won't turn around, but right now, for this season, they're dead neck-and-neck in most peoples' minds, I think.

Lets becareful of spoilers please the site given above does go to video's and some think anything from commericals to tv guide descriptions are considered spoilers. If they clicked on and got spoiled that would end the fun. So again lets be mindful and remember there is a spoiler lab for spoilers. ;)

Well, now "American Idol" will blow all other shows out of the water.. I predict..and especially CSI, with Grissom gone.. :( not good!!!!

yes, but idol isnt on thursdays ;)
they may get the highest numbers, as they seem to do just about every week, but people wont be choosing idol over csi (or greys for that matter) so their numbers wont be influenced by who is/isnt watching idol

FINAL RATINGS ARE IN (Oh, and FYI? CSI and Grey's have no chance for first place anymore. Idol got over 40 million last night)

Grey's: 23.032 in FOURTH place. As a reminder, CSI came in second last week.
So some minor adjustments:

CSI: 26.116
Grey's: 23.032

CSI Season 7 vs. Itself
Season 7 Premiere: 22.58
Episode 2: 23.77 - 5% gain from week before
Episode 3: 21.51 - 9.5% drop
Episode 4: 21.58 - 0.3% gain
Episode 5: 20.49 - 5% drop
Episode 6: 20.53 - 0.2% gain
Episode 7: 20.83 - 1.5% gain
Episode 8: 24.11 - 13.6% gain
Episode 9: 17.171 - 28.8% drop
Episode 10: 23.253 - 26.2% gain
Episode 11: 26.116 - 11% gain

Average: 21.995
Average week-to-week change: +1.32%

Compared to the premiere their numbers are UP: 13.5%

Grey's Season 3 vs. Itself

Premiere: 25.4 million viewers
Episode 2: 23.5 million viewers - 7.5% drop from week before
Episode 3: 22.8 million viewers - 3% drop
Episode 4: 21.93 million viewers - 4% drop
Episode 5: 20.96 million viewers - 4.5% drop
Episode 6: 21.03 million viewers - 0.3% gain
Episode 7: 20.65 million viewers - 1.8% drop
Episode 8: 20.92 million viewers - 1.3% gain
Episode 9: 18.509 million viewers - 11.5% drop
Episode 10: 24.01 million viewers - 22.9% gain
Episode 11: 23.032 million viewers - 4.1% drop

Average week-to-week change: -1.04% (drop)

Their total drop in audience since the premiere is: 9.3% loss.

Grey's episode rating average for this season is: 22.07 million
Difference in ratings averages between the two: 0.075 million

CSI Season 7 vs. CSI Season 6:

Premiere of Season 6 - 29.02 million
Episod 2 - 28.00 million
Episode 3 - 28.85 million
Episode 4 - 28.34 million
Episode 5 - 28.48 million
Episode 6 - 28.73 million
Episode 7 - 29.55 million
Episode 8 - 28.98 million
Episode 9 - 25.72 million
Episode 10 - 30.945 million
Episode 11 - 27.233 million

Average: 28.53

Premiere of Season 7 - 22.58 million - 22.2% drop
Episode 2 - 23.77 million – 15.1% drop
Episode 3 - 21.51 million – 25.4% drop
Episode 4 - 21.58 million – 23.9% drop
Episode 5 - 20.49 million – 28.1% drop
Episode 6 - 20.53 million – 28.5% drop
Episode 7 - 20.83 million – 29.5% drop
Episode 8 - 24.11 million - 16.8% drop
Episode 9 - 17.171 million - 33.2% drop
Episode 10 - 23.253 million - 24.85% drop
Episode 11 - 26.116 million - 4.1% drop

Average drop: 22.88%

CSI Season 7 vs. Grey's Season 3

Premiere: Grey's beats CSI by 11.1%
Episode 2: CSI beats Grey's by 1.1%
Episode 3: Grey's beats CSI by 5.7%
Episode 4: Grey's beats CSI by 1.6%
Episode 5: Grey's beats CSI by 2.2%
Episode 6: Grey's beats CSI by 2.4%
Episode 7: CSI beats Grey's by 1%
Episode 8: CSI beats Grey's by 13.2%
Episode 9: Grey's beats CSI by 7.2%
Episode 10: Grey's beats CSI by 3.15%
Episode 11: CSI beats Grey's by 11.8%

Grey's this season has beat CSI seven times (not including the repeats) and beat them by an average of 4.66% when it beat them.

CSI beat Grey's four times with an average of 6.775% when it beat them

Grey's is the overall victor with an average win of 0.57%

HMMMM> I just posted the top 20 in the TV/Media thread, and CSI wasn't even in the mix

True, but it's really only new episodes that the networks care about. CSI came second, Grey's came fourth. And that's going to speak volumes.

Also, we're in the middle of football, new shows returning and American Idol. I don't expect CSI's re-runs to place on the list anymore.

Re: CSI Ratings versus Grey's Anatomy

myfuturecsi said:
I think TPTB have forgotten the chemistry the original guys brought to the show. Instead of trying to cram everyone and their dog into one episode, let's get back to the original guys who made the show what it was. Grissom, Catherine, Warrick, Nick, Sara, Greg, Doc Robbins and Brass are the charactes that I want to see, not Joe Blow tech. I don't know why CSI keeps showing up needless scenes with the lab techs, the av, not that I want don't to see these guys, I just want to see the originals together more often.

Couldn't agree more. ;)

Grey's won, but it looks like they were pretty much even. CSI got something like a 13.8 and Grey's a 14.2. Not sure on those numbers - I'm in a tutorial - gotta run. lol.

That's pretty good, really. Can't wait to see next week's numbers. Now that people have had a look at Keppler (and the show without Billy)...let's see what they thought of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back