Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Leave, Larry Fishburne In *No Spoilers* Closed

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by addictedtoSpeed, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Re: Petersen Leaving! Who Gets Grissoms Position?

Interesting...VERY interesting...:shifty:

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This is from buddytv.com and this site says he has been chosen:confused:

LINK

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yes, that's the original link, and it (and the article) are still there, but the source sites (at the bottom) show nothing and a Google news search that earlier today pulled up this link no longer pulls it up as a result.

It's like someone has pulled it because....I don't know...it's not verified as news yet??

4. Desertwind

HMMM, weird, guess we should just wait and see if it's on our own site here, we're always accurate:bolian:

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't dislike LF at all, I just think that visually Blair Underwood would work better (if he's available). What I mean is that I can see Blair Underwood meshing with the rest of the cast and being a CSI better than I can LF. Nothing against LF personally cause I do think he's a magnificent actor. Any show would be lucky to have him, that's a given. I just can't picture him with CSI.

But, as has been stated, it doesn't appear that this is completely official yet. Maybe the writer of that article was jumping the gun a bit or something. I guess we shall see.

6. Desertwind

OMG, I love Blair Underwood, I never even thought of him he was Julie Louis Dryfess love interest in "The Old Adventures Of New Christine" and was great, and so handsome. there's so many out there.. he would have been sensational!

7. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Well, as I think a couple people have pointed out, it's going to be hard to land an "A list" actor and keep the cast as an ensemble. There still are a lot of talented actors in the cast, like Marg Helgenberger, George Eads, Eric Szmanda, and Paul Guilfoyle to name a few.

I'm just concerned that they'll bring a big name in, and he'll want a producer credit, a ton of screen time, etc.

Someone lesser known would be good. That way, it could be a nice ensemble. I like the fact that they others they've brought in are lesser knowns. That's why I think anyone like Laurence Fishburne, Micheal Keaton, or even Blair Underwood would have the potential to overshadow the rest of the cast, or if any of them aren't right for the part, then the show would be in a pretty pickle.

That's why I'd like for them to bring whomever they choose on as a recurring character to try them out. That way, if they're not right, they can make any necessary changes without causing trouble, and they can utilize the great actors that they have left in the ensemble.

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Now when I google Laurence Fishburne and click the news link, the link to buddy.tv is still there. What are you all using as a search criteria.?

I agree with all of you, bringing in a big name will overshadow the others, but if LF decides to join it will be interesting to see what happens.

However, I think it's time to bring the rest of the ensemble to the forefront. They deserve and they can carry the show.

9. Shytownmofo

Well, in the article, there's nothing citing the source, no other news articles about it being confirmed. There's also the matter that he has at least five films on tap for 2008 and 2009, according to his IMDB page.

So, in short, nothing's been confirmed.

10. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Thanks, Shytownmofo, for the info about LF's upcoming films. I didn't even think to look for that kind of info. I agree, that would make it tough for him to do a regular series, too. In this case, the more people searching, each with a little different perspective, the better the search results!

11. Shytownmofo

You're more than welcome. Yeah, He's got four that are either in production or pre/post-production.....Doesn't bode well for him being a regular, IMO

From IMDB:

It's unclear how large his roles are in these films, but he is listed as being in them. JSYK, He also has four credits listed as "In Development." however, you have to pay for those, so....

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

If you look at the bottom of the article it sources this one from Newsday dated August 10, and Entertainment Weekly. The EW part is just that part with Ausiello on how if they hadn't killed Keppler off they would have kept bringing him back.

I don't think we're going to get a big story when someone is signed. All it will do is give us the same information they already did. CBS will have to hand out a substantial amount of new information and that's not what they do. After all we found out about the rest of the cast in little drabbles and stuff that they themselves said. :lol:

Personally I don't want a big name. I want a relatively unknown because I think that will give them a better chance of this person working well with the remaining cast and therefore give us (the fans) a better end product.

Susan

13. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Sorry that I wasn't clearer in my original post on this topic. When I said "found nothing," I meant I found nothing supporting the linked article's assertion that LF had definitely been cast.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I feel the same way. I have a few ideas swimming in my head about lesser known (but fairly well known in some fan bases) actors. And some of them have had lead roles in shows before, but weren't well known enough to overshadow the more well known actors in the supporting roles on those shows.

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Couldn't have said it better myself! :thumbsup: I mean, some of our biggest fears include our favorite characters being overshadowed. So really, the best choice (IMHO) would be to get a little to no name actor (Like the rest of the cast was before CSI) and have them take Grissom's spot. Plus, it would most likely cut back on some of the drama that could occur. I'm not saying that an A list actor would cause drama, but I just think it would be better for the cast to have a little lower key actor take his place.

Okay my rambling is over!;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.