Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Leave, Larry Fishburne In *No Spoilers* Closed

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by addictedtoSpeed, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Re: Petersen Leaving! Who Gets Grissoms Position?

I totally agree especially the bit about Caruso - enjoy Miami but please NOT on Vegas.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Fishburne's IMDB page lists 3 movies that he's in that are either in production or pre-production stage for 2009 and 2010. Seeing as how he's committed to these films and so active on the big screen these days, I would think it would take a heap of money, not to mention some sort of "out" to continue to make movies, for him to take this role.

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

According to buddy tv Fishburne is in. No matter how many concerns the fans have. To me it's just TPTB telling everybody that they expect to loose to the competition on Thursday night. :(

Mixed Reactions to Fishburne Replacing Petersen

Susan

4. Smokey

Well, now that we know for sure who it will be, I'd like to learn more about what the character will be like.

5. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Well, I think only time will tell ...
    I read the article and thought since when are Wendy and Hodges "old-timers"? Don't get me wrong I love Wendy, but TPTB should be more concerned about someone like Greg!
    Anyway, since it's going to be LF, I hope his character's not some kind of Horatio!
    But, yeah, now that it definite I'd like to know more about the character!

6. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

If true, and it sure sounds like it is, then LF will be "the one." Given his stature (both ways :)), I wonder what TPTB had to promise him. Unless LF doesn't suffer from the ego thing of most famous actors, I can't see him accepting equal time with the other stars. How much of the soul of the show did they have to sell to get a big name? (Mr. F, if you are that rarity, an actor with enough self confidence to forego the ego trappings, then I apologize for fearing the worst)

(Edited three hours later)
    Hey guys, I went back and reread the linked article. There is no source given for the confirmation of Fishburne. I checked the websites for the only info sources listed for the article and found no reference to this. I also checked all the major tv info sites and found nothing. The author either has a "Deep Throat" type source or is creating hype. I guess we'll just have to wait a little longer for an open announcement or a correspondent willing to cite his/her source.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It said Wendy and Hodges are being added as full time cast members. Hodges was a full time cast member this past season. :lol: I guess the writers of that article kind of forgot about that?

In regards to LF's character... he may very well be as was stated by Gameface, a temporary "quick fix" to try to keep people's interest. Maybe this character will only be permanent for the rest of Season 9.

I don't understand why they wanted a big name anyway. ER didn't go that route when Clooney and Wyle left. ER got Goran Visnjic (whom I had never heard of beforehand) and the show was still successful. However, when Goran was planning to leave, they did go the big name way (sort of) and cast John Stamos who is pretty well known. Not a big movie actor, but definitely well known in the tv circuit.

This is so weird though. I actually had a dream about the new season last night. There was a promo vid for it and the new guy (not LF, the younger one from Xfiles) was on there. Him, Greg, Nick and Marg were all dressed in red shirts. :lol: And I thought the new guy was cute, but he didn't look like the pic of the actor who is supposed to be playing him. :lol: He looked a bit different with curlier hair. :lol: And he looked a bit more muscular. How weird. Anyway, the gang was standing in the middle of a street looking at a crime scene. The new (young) guy was staring at the scene with a jawdrop look on his face. :lol: He said something, but I don't remember what it was. :lol:

So for opening credits after WP leaves we'll have Fishburne, Marg, George, Eric, Lauren Lee Smith, Paul, Liz Vassey (Wendy), Wally (Hodges), Superdave, Doc Robbins, new young guy -SJ O'Reilly real name is Chris something lol and possibly Marc Vann(Ecklie)?

Maybe the job of supervisor is offered to Cath, but she turns it down and that's why LF's character is brought in.

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'm a bit worried about LF or any big named actor they bring in, because I think back to when Keppler was brought it, all the storylines revolved around him and we saw little of Greg, Hodges, and the other regulars that we would like to see more of. I think the same thing will happen here with LF being on, because for some reason TPTB think that is what us viewers want, but it is not.

9. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Truly I don't want to see LF in the show. I'm totally agree with you Dizzney that he'll take much screen time from the regulars. I think taking big actor to CSI is the respons when TPTPB etc. saw fans' reactions like stopping watching the show. Hmm, maybe it's not the best reason but just popped into my head and not so stupid I think. LF really can entice many people. And that's making TPTPB move a little bit hysterical. All about numbers... but well, it's business.

Will be good to know more about LF's character, not only the DNA thing etc.

10. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Well, we've pretty much all gone in a circle about how LF will overshadow the other actors and blah blah blah. If he's in, he's in. I mean, if the article is true, than the fan complaints don't really matter anymore right?:confused: I guess all we can do is embrace it and learn to live with it. TPTB aren't going to take LF off the roster just because some of us "Can't see him as a CSI" and whatever. :rolleyes:

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

[​IMG] to LF, good choice, he'll be great, I've always liked him and he won't overshadow the others, he'll fit in just fine. I wonder what his pay will be? WP was pulling in $600,000 per ep. so did they offer him the same or less or more?

12. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I've gone from sitting on the fence, to being a LF supporter :thumbsup:. And good question desertwind. I didn't even think about pay! Now you've got me wondering too. :eek:

13. Gravity

Gravity Witness

I like the idea of LF joining the cast. I like the guy :)

14. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Hey ya'll, I know double posting is a no-no, but I edited my last post (#351) in hopes people would read what I have (or, in this case, haven't) found out. We may be jumping the gun here re LF. Please read my research results.

15. Smokey

I noticed that it wasn't on the "source" sites either, and now it's not showing up on a Google news search like it was this afternoon. The site and article are still there, but it's not a result on a news search anymore.

Soooo....??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.