Ooops, What a mistake!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Feb 23, 2008.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I noticed it too, i actually laughed when that scene played.....dont you love how that man seemed to live in a warehouse :lol: But your right, they really should shoot more scenes :lol:

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I think they just like using that scene, it's a good general 'cop cars rushing to get somewhere with a little urgency' sequence. It always makes me smile anyway. :lol: I wonder if perhaps it is used to signify the urgency and them going somewhere if you get my meaning, and is a linking sequence (such as the generic New York skyline that they sometimes show between scenes) rather than actually purporting to be a scene in that actual episode. I don't know, just a thought. :)

3. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

The thing is, this is the 100th episode, I mean, come on, shouldn't they have spent at least a little bit more money shooting some more of those scenes?

Although, I agree with you Elsie, it does put a smile on your face. Kinda like whoever edits the show has this inside joke going on. :D

4. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

Yeah, I mean wouldn't you keep that in there. Like in French we have this ongoing joke of 'stay away from me, creeper' and now 'I don't like you like that' But I agree it is probably just a linking senquence. Maybe it's like a signature. Like in most my photoshop work I put in the same image. It's just an identifying mark.

5. iheartcsiny

iheartcsiny Victim

I noticed it also. My mom was next to me and I practically yelled in her ear that it was a reused scene.

6. Cyriusly now...

Cyriusly now... Hit and Run

On the reusing of the scene, CSI: NY is filmed in LA. They only go to NY a few times a year, and probably don't get to film a lot of cops rush onto the scene shots.

Though they might wanna try filming a few more next time they're in NY, this one seems to have run its course. :p

7. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

In the season 2 episode "Bad Beat" go to 3 minutes and 11 seconds on the DVD and look at what a BIG hole the shot gun blast made in the door where the peephole was. At 32 minutes and 20 seconds on the DVD when they travel through the floor from apartment 9C to apartment 8C. 8C's door no longer has the BIG hole the shot gun made in it. If you pause the DVD at 32 minutes and 23 seconds you'll see the BIG hole made by the shot gun blast is gone and 8C's door is in tact. In the audio commentary that was the one goof that wasn't mentioned. I caught it. HA. HA. :rommie::guffaw::lol:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  8. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Good catch Carolyn! I never noticed that before.
    Now I have to go re-watch the episode...

And yep, I too saw that very familiar warehouse again.
    At first I was like "Nah, they wouldn't reuse that scene again." And then I thought about it for a second and was like "Yeah, they would." :) Oh well, I think it's funny. Like a game "See How Many Times We Can Get Away With Using This Before the Entire World Figures it Out"

9. christalann

christalann Hit and Run

I had the same reaction. I still bust out laughing when it comes on. :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Anybody notice that they reused that warehouse/police car scene again from Snow Day? And also a clip from Charge Of This Post in the latest episode?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Maybe they should reuse other clips soon :lol:

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I thought about that - but then I thought about the My Name Is Mac Taylor episode - and a lot of those people had "Mac Taylor" on their credit cards or whatever, even though it was a nickname. Also, my grandmother has her bank accounts set up Middle name, Maiden name initial, last name - her real first name isn't like on anyhting. But yeah, you would expect the SSN to be first, middle, surname.

12. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Law & Order has been known to do that too. On SVU, ADA Casey Novak was in a previous episode of SVU as "Vanessa". Also, L&O tends to all run together - like on SVU they've been known to bring over the characters from the regular Law & Order and the captian of on L&O: CI was a defense attorney in an episode of L&O - but Detecitve Mike Logan was originaly in L&O and then came back on CI.

In Wednesday's episode (She's Not There) when he's telling his shirt story, he mentions that it was in Staten Island.

Also, he tells Hawkes (in season 2 I think) to come over for dinner - with his parents and in season 1 he mentions to Flack about having dinner with his [Danny's] folks.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  13. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I noticed that! I was like, wait, when did DHS get involved in this episode? :lol:

14. nova2727

nova2727 Civilian

15. PepeBee

PepeBee Rookie

I totally noticed the recycling of these scenes! I was "WTH is that DHS lady in this episode?!" then it dawned on me that it was reused. :guffaw: