Ooops, What a mistake!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Feb 23, 2008.

1. merlin222

merlin222 Victim

2. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Okay, so here's a few that I've either A. noticed recently or B. thought of because I noticed it recently.

Season 4's "The Deep":
    When Hawkes is being treated in the back of the ambulance, the EMT's have wrapped his ribs and are positioning his arm to stabilize it. They start to wrap it to his torso over the other wraps, then, after cutting to Flack, they cut back to Hawkes... and there's no bandage over his arm.

The other thing is this- Hawkes broke his arm and some ribs in "The Deep." How come in the next episode he's completely healthy again? Is he bionic man? ;)

Of course, that shouldn't be too surprising, considering we were supposed to believe that both Danny and Adam had recovered from their injuries in ten days... :lol:

3. under_cover

under_cover Hit and Run

in The Box - at the health center where danny saw lindsay, when danny's 'bout to go out, he's just wearing his dog tag. when he's out he's got another one.

at the lab, while waiting for Lindsay, he's wearing his dog tag only, the other one missing is again.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  4. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

I know it's amazing how quickly they recover i would love to have their doctor:guffaw:

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i noticed that too - i thought it seemed a tad extreme of him to offer to kill his mother and bury her to prove he was telling the truth!

there's one that always bugs me - it's not so much a continuity thing as a science thing i guess - in "you only die once", mac's suitcase arrives with the t-shirt inside. even though he knows it's not his padlock and can see it's set to what should be "333" he makes no attempt not to contaminate the lock by touching it (which seems a little odd considering how careful he and the others are at other scenes). but for me the biggest issue is when he opens the case, and sees the bloody shirt - he gets his tweezer things from his pocket to pick up the shirt and carefully picks up one side of it with those. then he just grabs the other side of it with his (ungloved) hand - what's the point of using tweezers to pick something up if you're only going to touch it anyway? seems a little careless...

6. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I always end up poking at my screen whenever I catch the team touching evidence without their gloves on........I guess sometimes they are so drawn into their storylines that they forget they are scientists?:rolleyes:

7. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

^^
    i noticed that too - i thought it seemed a tad extreme of him to offer to kill his mother and bury her to prove he was telling the truth!

that truly made me laugh:guffaw:

8. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

Another one I dont know if this is really a mistake but in yarzheit (if that is how you spell it) they said the voice mail lasted 48 minutes but a voicemail wouldn't last that long

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

glad to be of service ;)

as for the phone message, most networks cut you off after a minute or two. maybe in america they like longer messages?

i think my biggest mistake/bugbear ever is (one i've mentioned before) where mac calls lithium an antidepressant. that *really* annoys me.

10. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Our local CBS station shows CSI: NY followed by CSI: Miami on Saturday and Sunday nights. Sunday night they showed the CSI: NY season 4 episode "Child's Play". I caught an oops I felt was worthy of this thread and now I'm gonna share it with all of you. In the scene where Stella, Lindsay and Flack entered that Kim Wey Imports warehouse it was daytime outside. When Flack chases that guy onto the roof and across rooftops, it's night. How freakin' long were they in that warehouse?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  11. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

maybe but 48 minutes is a LONG voicemail what the heck are they saying? :guffaw:

And I don't think he was totally wrong can't it be used to augment other antidepresants?

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

*tries not to get into lengthy discussion of lithium and its usage!*

it can be, yes, but it's primarily used as a straight forward mood stabiliser in bipolar disorder (mood stabiliser is just as much a category of meds as antidepressant and lithium definitely falls into it, it was pretty much the only one available for 50 years unless you count anticonvulsants which are different again). most mood stabilisers tend to work better at treating either manic symptoms or depressive ones - obviously they stabilise primarily but if you display more or acute manic symptoms you might get a different one than if you display more depressive symptoms, and it's well known (and stated on label) that lithium is best for treating bipolar with actue mania because it tends to bring people down a bit. many many bipolar people can't take antidepressants at all because they induce mania (this includes me, i've had to be sectioned as a result of taking antidepressants, which was fun - not).

sorry, i know that was totally o/t but i've been on the stuff for 10 years (i hate it, it's vile vile stuff, i'm trying to get off it now and it's a very slow process :() and i get quite funny about people getting it wrong. it bothered me because on the whole when csi refer to medications they're quite good at getting it right, and they've mentioned several antipsychotics which i know they got right because i was on those too, so it kind of saddened me that they got that one wrong because really it's a lot more simple than antipsychotics (mainly beacuse there are so many of them).

anyway, [/rant] - sorry....:rolleyes:

13. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

ooh kk np i don't know that much bout it i just heard that before.

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

s'ok, sorry i went off on one, i didn't mean to!

15. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

lol no probs:p