Ooops, What a mistake!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Feb 23, 2008.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok have you ever watched an episode and thought,

'Hang on, where's that gone!' Or 'Oh where did that come from?'

Well I asked Top if I could create a thread where you can share the mistakes. I'm pretty sure there won't be too many- well lets hope!

But i'm sure after nearly 4 seasons of CSINY there must be a few ;) And I have one to start...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spot the difference?

So if you've seen a scene where something disappears/appears or scenes have been reused then this is the place to share them :)

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Ooooh, good catch, natty! :D That's a big one!

I've never caught one myself in CSI: NY, but the biggest editing mistake that I recall noticing was in "Braveheart," when the princess's veil/head wrap thing kept moving up and down her chin as the camera kept going back to her. How they missed that in editing is beyond me! :lol:

3. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

There was a really bad one in Commuted Sentences. When the police cars pulled up in front of the building where the girl who allegedly killed that guy who raped her (I don't remember any names, in front of the building there was a park, and the building itself). I think this happened in the teaser. They used the same images from "Snow Day" when the police cars parked in front of the building. After seeing Commuted Sentences I went back and re-watched Snow Day and it was the same. EXACTLY THE SAME! The warehouse, the same arrangement, the same faces and please in front of a building there just isn't that much space to pull cars in that way.Maybe it was just me, but if you can, go back and re-watch the episodes (I have no screen caps to hold my theory).

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^ I remember that :lol: Flack had a really quick wardrobe change!!

5. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Aha! I knew I wasn't crazy!

6. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

omg! its a magic glove!!

7. Carmine_lover

Carmine_lover Witness

i diddnt see that to mutch busy with danny i gues.

8. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Nat - it took me a while to figure out what the mistake was in your pics.
    I was like wwhat can it be - ooh the gloves.

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

On the S3 DVD commentary for NWILL, the director points out that when the Hollies use their ipod to break the glass in the jewelry store, the display case in the middle of the store doesn't break. I'd never noticed that before.

This isn't a mistake; but he also points out that the beginning scene where the Hollies are walking to the store was shot in NY, and the scene from inside the store where they walk in was shot in LA with three completely different women. I definitely wouldn't have noticed that.

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Oh yeh :lol:...

[​IMG]

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I just came back here to edit my post and add that screencap. I couldn't find it before. :lol:

12. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I couldn't either so I had to make my own :lol: But when I was watching clip I saw it cut to a shot of what looked like that case and that case only. So they may have filmed it after for effect like a few others and then added it in :lol:

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Its really funny this because I find I read this then from now on will always notice the mistakes when I watch the episode.

14. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Here are some of the goofs listed on IMDB.com:

From "Tri-Borough" (season 1 episode 11)
    When Messer finds a match in IBIS for the bullet found at the art gallery slaying, the word "homicide" is misspelled as "homocide" on the computer screen.

From "Recycling" (season 1 epsiode 12)
    Mac hands Aiden the baby bottle from the victim's briefcase and asks her to test it. As he's still talking, she removes the lid from the bottle, but after he looks at the notepad inside the briefcase, they cut back to Aiden as she's removing the lid from the bottle again.

From "The Dove Commission (season 1 episode 18)
    In the second shot of Commissioner Dan Stanwyk and Charlotte DuBois dancing, he twirls her around and the bracelet on her left hand flies off and onto the floor. In later shots, the bracelet is back in place.

From "Zoo York" (season 2 episode 5)
    When Jessica Freemont is viewing her daughter's body in the morgue, she reaches forward with her right hand, but the close-up shows her left hand on her daughter's face.

From "Bad Beat" (season 2 episode 8 )
    Towards the end of the episode, there is a shot of the apartment door which had been blasted with a shotgun through the peephole. The peephole is unscathed as compared to the gaping hole earlier in the episode directly after the crime.

15. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

^[​IMG]
    So let me get this right. This weapon was used in a homocide? Best typo ever.(From Tri-Borough)

[​IMG]
    1)Aiden take the lid off the bottle 2)Closeup of Mac looking at the note pad 3)Goes back to Aiden who is now removing the lid again. (From Recycling)

And I couldn't get a shot of this, but in Creatures of the Night when Mac is scanning for the rat that ate the bullet in the ceiling you can see that on the scanning device's screen there's a game of solitaire. :lol: