NY Forum Trip To LA #2

Mwar, Top41 and MrsG are lookin' mighty fine in their Team Flack shirts. :devil: Can't wait for updates and pictures!

I hope all you ladies & er, guys, have tons of fun in LA :D! I can't wait to hear the wild stories & see the pictures.

Rhonda and I are back at the hotel. Everybody else is at Les Deux (did I spell that right, I wonder?). Clubbing isn't really my thing, so I passed. Deb said it's beautiful, but meh. We'll get to spend time with everyone tomorrow. :)

It was nice to meet everyone, but I don't think we got a chance to really chat with everybody tonight. I know that the people on the other end of the table were so very far away and it was harder to talk to them. :lol:

I love my mom, I really do, but I'm not calling home to hear her rambling about when I get back. I don't want random advice about things that are common sense. Etc etc etc. I really wish she'd just chill.

Ugh, we didn't even get to go to Les Deux last night. There was some event going on and there was a line and the guy at the door basically said, "Well, you can try, but I wouldn't hold my breath." So we tried a few other places and a lot of clubs were actually closed last night because of that stupid thing at Les Deux. We finally found something and had A drink there and went back to our place and went into a coma-like state till 7:30 this morning when we went on our hike...which I'm still recovering from. Uphill all the damn way!

^ that hike sucked. hard. :rolleyes: I am so out of shape, it showed this morning.

Soooo, we are getting ready and heading off to Big Wangs, WOO HOO!!!

lookaboomerang said:
Uphill all the damn way!

It wasn't too bad though. ;) I've got some lovely pictures so I think it was definately worth it! See you all at Big Wangs in an hour. :lol:

eta: The Hollywood sign

Hollywoodsign.jpg

I hated the airport. The plane itself was fine, and the view was pretty cool--especially when we were over places with subdivisions. They looked like little mosaics. So the flight was fine, but the airport sucked. I'm not looking forward to going through that shit to get back to NC.

Welcome to LA. :lol: I hate LAX because everything takes sooo long. Whenever I travel I try to get a flight out of Burbank Airport, it's smaller and takes less time.
I've got some lovely pictures of the Hollywood sign so I think it was definately worth it!
I love that hike! It's beautiful up there, in the Hollywood Hills. Did you happen to pass the dog park?

Glad you all seem to be having a bit of fun, and hope it gets better every day. ;) Awaiting pictures and more stories. BTW, what hotel are you guys at?

OMG you guys are having so much fun! *is happy for you* :D

And you guys might have the honor of having my company with you tomorrow :p. *glares at Mom*. Yeah, she knows.

Just chilling and waiting for Rhonda and Joanne to wake up. Joanne and I were up super-late last night (*cough*4:30*cough*), so we won't be at Santa Monica at 10:00. Maybe 11:00...

I have a touch of sunburn on the right side of my face. I don't have any on my arms or the rest of my face, and it's not a bad burn, but I wish I'd put sunscreen on before the WB tour yesterday.

We were going to drive up near the Hollywood sign and take some pictures, but we just ended up driving through some neighborhoods instead. It's insane how things are set up here ('compared to at home,' said the tourist :lol:). The streets were really narrow and lined with cars and the houses were just crammed in there. Some of them barely had driveways. It was interesting.

Big Wangs was alright--a really classy establishment, to be sure. :p The food was pretty good, though. ;)

The WB tour was great. We got the cursed cart that didn't want to start half of the time, and our tour guide's microphone didn't work, but it was still fun. And the tour guide was great. :)

Rhonda didn't go to dinner or bowling, which sucks. :( Vert was good, though--I always feel like a bit of a redneck in nice restaurants, though, to be honest. Our table was mostly quiet a lot of the time, although hearing about some of the other ladies', er, difficulties with the hike was amusing. :p

We went to the Virgin store during the break between dinner and bowling. I bought a book. :p

Bowling was awesome--Kristine's technique is hilarious, by the way. :lol: I really sucked (the first game I bowled 70-something and the second game I got, er, 32 I think :eek:), but I had a lot of fun.

Afterwards, Joanne and I headed back to Deb's place with a few other people, where we chatted until it was way too late. :lol: Then we came back to the hotel and went to bed. The End. :p

Sounds like you guys are having an awesome time. :D
The streets were really narrow and lined with cars and the houses were just crammed in there. Some of them barely had driveways. It was interesting.
It's not supposed to be like that?

:lol: It's not like that where I'm from, so it seemed strange to me. I'd be claustrophobic. :p

ThumpyG said:
^ that hike sucked. hard. :rolleyes:
Um, point of clarification, boys and girls -- that hike ... er, 15 minute walk, didn't suck hard. Thumpy and Lookaboomerang are just whiny little b*tches. First of all, Thumpy starts out power walking and tells us she just likes to walk really fast. Within like 5 minutes she's gasping for breath, wheezing like an asthmatic and praying for death. But she wasn't alone. Lookaboomerang was staring off the side of the cliff longingly and contemplating suicide. They literally didn't shut up for even a second about how hard the "hike" was and how steep it was. They were like a football field behind the rest of us whining and moaning the entire time ... note 15 f-ing minutes. Oh and by the way, I should mention that freakin' chihuahuas are flying up the mountain with no problem and that some elderly Asian man in a dress shirt and slacks carrying his morning paper strolled up the hill without breaking a sweat. These b*tches are freakin' pathetic!

Fay - 4:30am, huh? Interesting conversation, no? Or was there video involved as well? :eek:

Back