NY Forum Trip To LA #2

There was a video? I vaguely remember something to do with Germany... or was it England? And a girl with a really foul mouth...

MrsGiovinazzo said:
ThumpyG said:
^ that hike sucked. hard. :rolleyes:
Um, point of clarification, boys and girls -- that hike ... er, 15 minute walk, didn't suck hard. Thumpy and Lookaboomerang are just whiny little b*tches. First of all, Thumpy starts out power walking and tells us she just likes to walk really fast. Within like 5 minutes she's gasping for breath, wheezing like an asthmatic and praying for death. But she wasn't alone. Lookaboomerang was staring off the side of the cliff longingly and contemplating suicide. They literally didn't shut up for even a second about how hard the "hike" was and how steep it was. They were like a football field behind the rest of us whining and moaning the entire time ... note 15 f-ing minutes. Oh and by the way, I should mention that freakin' chihuahuas are flying up the mountain with no problem and that some elderly Asian man in a dress shirt and slacks carrying his morning paper strolled up the hill without breaking a sweat. These b*tches are freakin' pathetic!

Fay - 4:30am, huh? Interesting conversation, no? Or was there video involved as well? :eek:

:lol: :lol: LMFAO! That cracked me up so hard. :lol:

*wishes he was there today* :(

07210717271.jpg

Guys, don't listen to MrsG, she's full of shit. That hike was hard. We drew a map to scale of what the hike was really like. Uphill the whole damn way, with ditches and canyons on either side, so if you slipped wrong, you'd definitely plummet to your death. Those two little people down at the bottom are Lori and myself. I forgot to show where everyone else was in my picture, but they were way ahead. Not a football field or anything, but kinda far. We were being taunted the whole way up too!

The only true parts of the story she just told, were the parts about the chihuahuas and the little Asian man. (He was so chill! Not even a drop of sweat on him to be found!)

So, last night was a LATE one. (I, too, recall a dirty mouthed girl and it was definitely something to do with Germany):lol: We were all supposed to meet up at 10am. Haha. We didn't even think about leaving until were two hours late. Trust us, we feel terrible that everyone was waiting around for us, but we just could not get our act together this morning! So, apologies to everyone who waited on us all morning.

A video? Why yes, I believe there was a video. There was bad acting, bad fashion, and one very foul-mouthed woman. I think it was supposed to be England, but it had something to do with Germany. Deb, your taste in movies is horrendous, I'm afraid. I can't believe you paid good money for that. ;) :p

The story about the hike is even more hilarious when you hear them bickering in person about it. :lol:

It sucks that you couldn't be there today, Shane. :(

We got to the pier a bit late, but we were some of the first ones there. :lol: I bought a snow cone and ate it while we waited for the others, and then we ended up walking down to find a restaurant for lunch, where we waited for the others to get there. After lunch, Rhonda and I headed down to the beach to collect some sand (damn, that ish is heavy *sigh*) and put our feet in the water. I had to re-apply sunscreen because I'm paranoid (and I still managed to get a bit of burn on my chest :rolleyes:). After that, we walked down the boardwalk and visited a few gift shops. I bought a churro (yum!), but I forgot to stop at this place where you could make your own dog tag--I was going to get one that said something about Danny and Flack, but I didn't think about it until we were back in the car. Oh well. It took us a while to get back to the hotel because of traffic, but now we're getting ready to go to dinner at Kung Pao Kitty. I'm cruising the net while my hair dries, as usual. ;)

I've got a souvineer (that doesn't look like it's spelled right) for my mom, dad and a little something to send to a friend--I have several more to get tomorrow, obviously. I was going to get a shirt for myself at the Bubba Gump Shrimp shop (yes, there really is such a place, and it's f**king awesome), but I didn't see one I really liked--and the one I did like was in a ridiculously small size. I could have gotten a ping pong ball or a magnet, but I refrained. There's still something I want to get for myself at a bookstore tomorrow if I can find it and it's not too expensive. *whistles innocently*

lookaboomerang said:
Uphill the whole damn way, with ditches and canyons on either side, so if you slipped wrong, you'd definitely plummet to your death.

:lol: Don't be mislead people! Whilst it was uphill, it was more of a gradual slope (and only took 15 minutes). And the path was wide enough for at least 6 people to walk side by side without plummeting to their death! :lol: But we still love you Lori and Michelle, even when you whine and exaggerate... :p

I hope you all had fun at the beach, we left after lunch because we were burnt to hell waiting for you guys! ;) Seriously, spf 40 didn't do shit in that heat.

Faylinn said:
A video? Why yes, I believe there was a video. There was bad acting, bad fashion, and one very foul-mouthed woman. I think it was supposed to be England, but it had something to do with Germany. Deb, your taste in movies is horrendous, I'm afraid. I can't believe you paid good money for that. ;) :p

LMFAO We want to see this video!

The story about the hike is even more hilarious when you hear them bickering in person about it. :lol:

LOL it was pretty funny reading so I'm sure it was hilarious listening to everyone bitching down a slope.

It sucks that you couldn't be there today, Shane. :(

I missed you guys! :( I must call before you guys leave today!

ETA: Phone is hand but I am nervous for some reason and hesitant to call. :lol: LOL.

The internet didn't work for me last night, but it's working now, so I thought I'd make a post before it crapped out on me again.

Last night was fun at Kung Pao Kitty. I can't understand why the restaurant turned the lights down as it got darker outside, but whatev. And the music was too loud. But the food was pretty good. And I got to meet our dear Antony, who seems like a rockin' guy (and who tried to convert me to the Togo love :p). I love hanging out with everybody from the board and chatting. I definitely wish that more members could have been there. :)

Rhonda and I went back to the hotel after dinner and I was so frickin' exhausted that when I realized that I couldn't come in here to let you know how dinner went (because the internet wouldn't work), I just went to bed. I was dead to the world and even Rhonda's loud-ass snoring didn't wake me up. :p

This morning I woke up a bit early and we got ready to go to the Grove to shop. It was a great little mall with a lot of good stores in one place. I bought some souvineery-souvineers (magnets and the like, and a thimble for myself--yes, I collect thimbles, don't judge me :lol:), and I got an interesting book at Barnes and Noble. :devil:

Lunch was good at Farmer's Market, and some of my lovely tablemates were looking through my interesting book. It was quite fun. :devil:

After lunch, we headed to Rodeo Drive to look around. Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb! :lol: I always feel really obviously out-of-place when we're out like that. We parked at Barney's and walked around the store while we waited for people. It was me, Joanne, Rhonda, Elsie and Elsie's husband. We had a blast looking at the clothes and shoes and stuff, but damn, some of that stuff was fugly as hell and cost an outrageous amount of money. I was enjoying pointing out the fugliest stuff I could find. Hands-down, it was this dress that looked like something that my mother wore as a child (which were literally made out of a burlap sack back then, as a matter of fact), but made with a really tacky black and gold fabric. So fug, so-so-so fug. And a lady took it to try it on. :eek:

I took a few pictures on Rodeo, including one of Tiffany's. ;) After we walked around there for a bit, we headed back to the car and now we're at the hotel. Dinner is at 6:00, and some people are leaving tonight, including Joanne. *cling* :(

If the internet is working later, I'll make a report on dinner. ;) If not, who knows when I'll be able to get back on Talk again--I'll be stranded in Charlotte. *sob*

Faylinn said:
I got an interesting book at Barnes and Noble. :devil:

Have you read it cover to cover yet...or just looked at the pictures? :lol: :devil:

this dress that looked like something that my mother wore as a child (which were literally made out of a burlap sack back then, as a matter of fact), but made with a really tacky black and gold fabric.

Oh, but you'd have looked so cute in it... ;)

eta: The final dinner is soon. It's been great, but I can't believe how quickly the last four days have gone. It's sad to be leaving. :(

Faylinn said:
I took a few pictures on Rodeo, including one of Tiffany's. ;)

Fay, I will love you long time if you post that photo of Tiffany's that you took! I know it sounds like a weird request but I have this *huge* obsession with the store & the jewelry in it. *looks at icon & sig* Just this past Thursday I bought a sterling silver band to go with my sterling silver pendent. Did you end up going inside & look around? It's so addicting & so pricey but so worth it. If I went to LA, I'd spend every waking hour there.

Anyhoo, I hope everyone had fun & I hope to join the shenanigans next time. If it's in NY I am *so* there!

Rodeo was fabulous... too bad I can't afford to shop there. There was a green monstrosity that someone tried to pass of as a dress at Barney's, and as we are cracking up about it, someone took the thing and tried it on!!!

Dinner tonight was at La La's and was amazing, yet quite inexpensive. I was really sorry I had to peace out, but don't worry, little Bailey and I are at the airport, and we'll be boarding our red-eye shortly. Yes, that is the baby's unofficial name until birth now: Bailey.

This trip was fabulous, and you all are wonderful people. Much love to MrsG and Top for putting it together. Stay tuned for a very special group icon to show up later. ;) Kristine, you know we love ya!

I can't wait for all the LJ reports on the trip. :lol: :devil: And pictures! Pictures! :D IwantpicsofThumpyGsgirlsintheTeamFlackshirt.

So it sounds like y'all had a blast shopping today whilst I was on my three hour plane ride home.
Just so the trip goers know, I made it home safe today at about 4:30 your time. It was so great!

My imput on the "hike". It was 15 min...maybe 20 and it was up hill for half of it, the other half being down hill obviously. We did get an amazing view of the Hollywood Sign and had a good time despite.
We had some absolutely amazing food, saw some brilliant sites and got burnt to a crisp at the beach. over all I say it was a total success worth repeating next year.
Thank you guys for a wonderful time! I thoroughly enjoyed every moment!
I'll have to make my own Team Flack Avatar tonight or tomorrow. Talk to y'all later!

Mrs. G and Top, you gals ROCK!! This trip was amazing and honestly you guys did amazing planning it and working things out... :)

EVERYONE WHO CAME, You all rock too!! I wish I would have had more time (or not been so damn quiet - I seriously am NOT like that...), to get to know all of you and talk to ya... but the time I did get with you guys was nothing short of awesome!!

Hope everyone has a safe flight/drive back home and gets lots of rest before they have to go back to school/work.

Springmoon .... I miss you already... :( take care of little Bailey... he he

The story about the hike is even more hilarious when you hear them bickering in person about it.

::raises hand:: I'll second that, its hilarious to hear them bitch and moan about "the hike from hell"....

Dinner was great, except that Rhonda didn't come. It was fun to talk to everyone one last time. I'm sad to see the end of the trip, but I'm glad we all got to do this. Hopefully we can get together next year and hang out again. :D

We'll be getting on the plane in less than 9 hours to head home. No idea when I'll have 'net access again.

And yes, jorja, I'll post my picture of Tiffany's when I get the film developed. ;)

::raises hand:: I'll second that, its hilarious to hear them bitch and moan about "the hike from hell"....

Yes, that was definitely a major amusement at dinner. There are almost no variations on the story save the steepness of the hill. I can't wait for MrsG's diagram. I hope she put the businessman and the chihuahua in there, because that's the best part of the story.

take care of little Bailey... he he

Bailey is about an inch long and already showing off in the ultrasound. Dancing like it was a damned disco in there or something. I think I'm going to be in trouble. How does one deal with a hyperactive kid?

Back