NY Forum Trip To LA #2

Guys, it pains me loads to say this ... I won't be attending the meet. Chalk it up to a visa denial that put the brakes on a trip to the US. Oh, well. Hopefully, if there's another meet in the near future, I may make it to that one instead.

I hope you guys will have loads of fun! :) Drink one for me, eh?

And ka990, guess I'll be sending you a picture then instead of doing the group shot. :p

Kimmychu said:
Guys, it pains me loads to say this ... I won't be attending the meet. Chalk it up to a visa denial that put the brakes on a trip to the US. Oh, well. Hopefully, if there's another meet in the near future, I may make it to that one instead.

I hope you guys will have loads of fun! :) Drink one for me, eh?

And ka990, guess I'll be sending you a picture then instead of doing the group shot. :p

Kimmy I hope the trip gets repeated as well 'cos I would love to go myself! Maybe next year so I can start saving my pennies? :lol: Will look forward to your photo :p

MrsGiovinazzo said:
^ Surely you're not coming all the way to the US for only 6 days, right? Please tell me you're going somewhere after LA.

Nah, my vacation will be longer than that. It's insane to spend a thousand bucks just for a week (but that doesn't mean I haven't done it in the past... :D) so yeah, I'll be spending a few more weeks in New York after the meeting.

Kimmy, I'm sorry you're not gonna make it. :(

Okay ladies, I'll be heading to the airport in... seven hours so this is my last post here for a while. I won't be able to check my email for a day or two I guess but I'll be sure to do it at least once before Thursday to see if there's any last-minute news or changes.

This said, I wish a safe flight to everyone who's flying to LA and I'll see you all at Miceli's on Thursday night! :D

*clings to Kimmy* :( That really sucks, babe. :(

So, genius that I am, I didn't realize that not only will I be in Charlotte several days before I need to be, but I will also be there several more days when we get back. If my car was reliable, I'd force myself to learn to drive long distances and make the trip myself on my own terms. But that's a bit of a fantasy at this point. Rhonda offered to take me home with her when we get back, but then I'd be stranded in West Virginia with her hellions. :p

God, I'm going to die. My sister had better give me the key to the clubhouse place with the computers. Or I will steal it and refuse to give it back. :D

Kimmy - :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( All the sad emoticons in the world can't express how bummed I was to learn you can't join us. You will try be missed! Thanks for trying so hard to come. :( :( You'll be there in spirit though.

Orison - I know you won't see this before you leave, but i hope you're having a safe flight right now and we'll see you thursday at Miceli's. :D

Fay - I have faith that you'll find a way to spend your days before and after the trip in comfortable internet happiness. Take 1CSIMFan up on her offer. Can't be any worse than what poor Top endures on the phone with me every morning. :lol:

Fay of course you can always come home with me and rub my feet and cook for me for a couple of days. You know I need some extra pampering now.

Still annoyed that I will be a part of the teetotal crowd in LA. Grrrr.

Springmoon said:
Still annoyed that I will be a part of the teetotal crowd in LA. Grrrr.
:eek: What? Why? Is it a designated driver thing? If so, maybe we can work something out so that people who like to let loose a bit don't get roped into that every night.

No, Joanne will be nice and sober with MEEEEEEEE! *pats Joanne's stomach and ducks before she can punch me* :D

I think my older sister will be disppointed when I want to spend every possible moment in the 'clubhouse' on the internet. She doesn't quite understand the importance of teh intranetz. *hugs you all* I get to talk to people all over the world and make lots of new friends that I then fly to the other side of the country to meet. :D

...and y'all share my love for the hot man pr0nz. :D

Fay - Don't make a drinking girl stay sober for your ass! I don't drink so much as a drop ever. You can cling to me and we can laugh at the drunken fools together. :D

MrsG, I've tried to talk her into coming back with me but she caught on to my plan. :p

I did buy something today that I think will be very useful in LA. I bought a GPS thingy named Garmin. So far, I like it.

I doubt I'll be drinking either. If so, it wouldn't be more than one of whatever. I'm not a big drinker. A few times a year and that's it.

*psst* It's not my fault, silly goose. She's not drinking because she can't. *pats her stomach significantly and then flees* ;)

I went shopping today and got clothes. I'm such an idiot right now (I think Rhonda wants to smack me on YIM) because I haven't had new clothes in at least five years--and I'm not even exaggerating. My sister hit the Weight Watchers and dropped 85 pounds (clap for the Mo-Mo), so I inherited a lot of her stuff which she barely wore anyway (and it was nicer than the crap my fat ass had grown out of ;)), and that's what I've been wearing for the past few years even though some of it is still way too big for me. Anyway, long story short, I didn't really have anything nice to bring to LA, so I went out today and shopped. (Argh, Rachel hates shopping, argh!) Well, ~$400 later, I've got some nice stuff that I can bring to California to wear. I do believe I will look quite cute in some of the outfits. ;) I even bought capri pants despite my pasty cankles. Rhonda is quite proud of me. :p

And I now own a Twinkie hat. That was a necessary purchase, for reals. :D And yes, I'm bringing it with me. Everybody needs to experience the Twinkie hat.

I also bought some name tags so that you guys can find me by the little square of white that says "FAY" on my chest. :p

awww . kimmy .. sad day... :( We'll miss you.... :(

Fay yay for shopping!!! something i really... REALLY need to do, its something that I'll be doing literally the hour before dinner...

5 days girls!!!... and guys!!!

MrsGiovinazzo said:
Fay - Don't make a drinking girl stay sober for your ass! I don't drink so much as a drop ever. You can cling to me and we can laugh at the drunken fools together. :D

*glares significantly and soberly at Faylinn*
No, she's referring to the fact that I had to go out and purchase my very own, very first copy of What to Expect when You're Expecting today. Me. Who used to worship at the altar of happy hour.

Back