NY Forum Trip To LA #2

MrsGiovinazzo said:
ThumpyG said:
I do have a question though: How dressy of a evening purse will I need for the clubs? My mom bought me one and it is cute, but I also found a cute wristlet that is smaller that I like for $10.00. Thanks!
No need to go fancy there. A cute $10 one works perfectly.

Thanks! That helps, I think I will go back and buy that wristlet this weekend, it is really cute.

As for the laptop, yeahhhhh, total dork there. Not bringing mine, because I have like 5,000 other pieces of luggage I am bringing. hee hee (MrsG is picking me up from the airport)and it is too much of an hassle on an airplane. :p I suspect that there will be hourly updates if at all possible. :lol:

Dictionary.com defines the word 'behave' as:

"be·have /bɪˈheɪv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bi-heyv] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -haved, -hav·ing.
–verb (used without object) 1. to act in a particular way; conduct or comport oneself or itself: The ship behaves well.
2. to act properly: Did the child behave?
3. to act or react under given circumstances: This plastic behaves strangely under extreme heat or cold.
–verb (used with object) 4. to conduct or comport (oneself) in a proper manner: Sit quietly and behave yourself. "

To use it in a sentence, I'm going with number four:

"It is unlikely that the girls will behave in California during their trip, and I certainly hope they have a blast!"

Hope that helps. Meanwhile, I'm getting my act together to hit the CSI exhibit.

The list is long and sordid.
1. Finances.
2. Work.
3. Work.
4. Work.
5. Extenuating obligations

Don't get me wrong; when this first came up, I was there. Things got complicated here so I was unable to coordinate it. But I'll be with y'all in spirit. Just have a couple of drinks (and guys) for me!

Well. I guess that makes me the last person to book an air ticket. :lol: Do I get a gold medal?

Okay, I don't wanna make some people mad but ... there's a small chance I might miss the first day of the meet. If things go the way I pray they will today, then I won't. If not, then, yeah, I'll probably miss the first day. :eek:

Aww, I hope you can get there on time, Kimmy, but if not, it'll be alright--we'll still get to see you! :)

Argh, f**king family, argh!

My mom told me today that I can go back to Charlotte with my dad--on Sunday. *headdesk* I don't need to be there that far ahead of time.

And, true to form, I'm wondering about internet access at my sister's apartment. *whistles innocently* I know they have computers, but I can't handle it if I can't get online when I want. Damn my family for not moving out there already. *scowl*

Kimmy - The sooner you can get out here the better, but we'll certainly jump for joy if you're able to make it for all but one day. Just so long as we get to meet one of the premier D/F fans, we'll be happy.

Fay - :( Well, if your sister doesn't have reliable internet access, you can always go live at Starbucks. It's T-Mobile hotspot. If you don't have T-Mobile, you can buy a one day pass online. I know how traumatic life can be without internet access. I still get sweaty and shaky reliving the horror of my 10 day stint without internet when I moved like 6 weeks ago.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
Drunken 2am posting will also be encouraged for those who bring laptops. :lol:

:lol: Interesting idea... Yeah, I'm taking my laptop with me, and will be checking in daily.

Personally, I can't go four days without internet and since this is a meet-up of dorks who met online, I expect I'm not alone in that.

Yep, I'm a dork and addicted to the internet, even one day without it and I start to freak out a little! :p

I wanna bring a laptop badly, but I don't have one and I doubt the people who do will lend me theirs. I have a PSP, though, and I can use it to go online if there's wifi, but it's not the same.

I'll be there 11 days, too. Blast.

midnight_tiptoes said:
I wanna bring a laptop badly, but I don't have one and I doubt the people who do will lend me theirs.

:lol: Yeah, that's me. Thought about buying one before the trip but strangely enough I always manage to spend an insane amount of $$ every year right before my trips...

11 days?? Cool! I'll be leaving for the US on Sunday morning (my time) and will be in LA on Tuesday afternoon but we're staying only for six days.

Please don't any of you forget your fugly ties for Eddie's project - Mrs G has promised to crack her whip and make sure I get a load of photos of strange TalkCSI girls wearing strange ties for the project! :D

Back