Nick and Mandy - "Sing it Dude!"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Mar 22, 2008.

1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

So since there are only a few of us here, would it be okay if I asked a mod to help me change the name to Manic.

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hey guys,

Let's not forget the rules that posts should have a minimum of three lines of on topic discussion. This is in addition to anything off-topic like suggesting thread name changes/add-ons.

As for adding that to your thread title, sure it can be added as long as everybody agrees on it. :)

3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I love the idea of the name "Manic" for this ship. They're so cute together.

One of the recent episodes of CSI I watched, with the two manic scenes, were great. I particularly loved the scene where Mandy is talking about getting the prints and Nick just goes "You're sick, Mandy". They clearly have a very similar sense of humour, lol!

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Which episode was it where he told her she was "sick"? :lol: I guess I somehow missed that line. Someone probably called during the ep or something. Tptb definitely seem to be putting them in more scenes together lately. :)

5. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

That was 'Deep Fried and Minty Fresh'. It was from the scene when Mandy snagged the wet floor sign from the womens washroom to assist her in her explaining a certain set of prints to Nick.

I love the name as well by the way. And I'd be totally up for the thread name change.

It's actually been a pleasure this season to see Nick and Mandy in scenes together. I am sucker for the wedges ship, but I absolutely love seeing when Nick gets to visit the print lab.

I said to a friend near the beginning of the season when it was first known that Grissom was leaving and Nick was going to step up in his absence, that we might get to see a few more scenes between Mandy and Nick now because of this, but she didn't think so....I think his position now within the lab did and will make for more scenes between the pair. LOL, I am not complaining thus far. It's about time.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I was hoping for the same thing because Nick and Mandy scenes are the highlight for me. They are both jokers and don't take themselves too seriously.

So yes, I think the name change would be fine. I'm okay with it. On other websites, they have been called N&M's and Nandy. But I like Manic-it's catchy and kind of describes their zany scenes.

7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

There have been a couple of comments over on other threads about Nick and if he'd ever get a love interest. Beit that red head from the diner in For Gedda/For Warrick or the possible rumor of a social worker, but personally speaking, I think TPTB should consider our dear little Mandy before introducing someone new into his life and someone strange to us fans. I know Nick had voiced his apprehensions on dating in the work place in the past, but these two, as we all know here in this thread, do have great chemistry, and should something like this were to happen in the future, they should have this pairing as an option. Not rule them out all together.

Just my opinion though

8. GregNickRyanFan

I think his opposition to dating people in the work place mainly meant people he worked with every single day (ie the CSIs). But, I think that the lab techs probably rotate shifts. He most likely doesn't work with Mandy every single day, so he probably wouldn't think that rule would apply for him and Mandy. :D

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well I think the love interest David Rambo eluded to will more likely be Hodges and Wendy-my other favourite pairing.

Yes I think Mandy would be perfect for our dear Nicky because they just exude a cuteness. And Sheeri mentioned in a commentary how much she loves George's adams apple.:devil:

As for the redhead, the actress who played her is tied up with other series right now and I think she was just an excuse to keep Nick back at the diner while Warrick got shot.

And not to go far off topic, the scene where he asked for her number probably wound up on the cutting room floor because the emphasis at the end was on Warrick's death, not Nick hitting on a waitress. She was never brought back because fans would always associate her with Warrick's death.

And we've been lucky to have George and Sheeri acting together in more scenes, it's been delightful! They work well together.

10. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I've often wondered if that is one of the reasons that it's often Nick interacting with Mandy - because George and Sheeri do have this chemistry.

It wouldn't be surprising to find out that offscreen Nick and Mandy have been together for awhile. And it's interesting how Mandy's scenes are almost ALWAYS with Nick ;)

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

^Interesting thought. In the past few episodes, Nick has been the only CSI we've seen her with. She was in Deep Fried and Minty and shortly after Turn, Turn, Turn.

They do have great chemistry together. But George works wonders with everyone on screen as does Sheeri-it just so happens they work extra well together.

So here's my prayer, dear God, let Nick and Mandy be canon! Or dear Carol and David Rambo-let Mandy and Nick be canon.

Actually the Oh Mandy scene was in an episode written by Sara Goldfinger who also wrote Deep Fried and Minty where we got not one but TWO Nick/Mandy scenes-god bless Sara Goldfinger's heart.

12. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I think that Nick and Mandy do make an adorable couple, and GE and SR do definitely have excellent chemistry. My one issue with this ship was that I'd heard somewhere that it was canon that Mandy and Warrick were together prior to S1, or something like that. Please tell me I'm wrong about that. I can't imagine Nick dating someone who'd already dated Warrick, but I'd like to think that the chemistry between Nick and Mandy would transcend this.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I heard that too, but I don't remember reading it anywhere or seeing on the TV.

The writers are not always good with continuity anyways.

And so what if she did, if they were dating, it was a long time ago and Warrick's gone now. So it wouldn't be a big deal.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  14. GregNickRyanFan

I can't really imagine Warrick and Mandy dating. Perhaps Warrick dated a girl named Mandy, but it wasn't our Mandy. :lol: I also don't think it'd be a big deal if Warrick and Mandy had dated and then Nick went with her. Warrick moved on and married Tina, so I think that would make it okay for Mandy and Nick to date. :)

15. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Yeah you're so right with that myfuturecsi :thumbsup:

They just belong together and I'm full of hope that they'll be sooner or later. But I for my part would want it right now :lol:

Read all your Nick/Mandy FanFics and after that I thought just like "Man, please let them be together"

Mandy would kick our Texan's sometimes pompous butt real hard to get him down from his high horse :devil: That could only be good for him :lol: