Nick and Mandy - "Sing it Dude!"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Mar 22, 2008.

1. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Okay, here's a question...

Say if there is a little something going on between Nick and Mandy or perhaps there were hints that something MAY happen, with Grissom's departure and Catherine's new title of head of the graveyard shift, if Cath anoints Nick as her right hand man, what will/would Nick do about their relationship (again, supposingly there was something there between them)? Would he put a stop to it? Continue on...what? If they are both interested in each other, would they suddenly terminate any possiblilities of advancement because of what Griss and Sara went through? I know that he wouldn't have direct authority over her, but it's something that I was wondering and thought I'd toss out to see what others thought.

2. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I think somehow it was different between Grissom and Sara than it is between Mandy and Nick. Nick isn't Mandy's supervisor - I think Mandy works for Ecklie, not for Catherine or Nick.

In the other case, Sara worked for Grissom and that made it different.

But I'm not sure. Correct me if I'm wrong?

3. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

I think you are on target. In whichever episode it was where Grissom and Sara had to give statements to Ecklie over breaking the policy, Ecklie said that the lab policy was that members of the same forensics team could not be involved in a romantic relationship (or however he stated it).

My impression is that even if the lab rats report to Grissom or Cath (which I think they do, having heard Hodges call Grissom "boss" on occasion) they aren't on a forensics team. On a flowchart they wouldn't be in the same department. Does that make sense?

They just happen to work the same shift, which is rather convenient ;)

4. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

That all makes sense and I figured that Mandy reported more so to Ecklie then to Grissom even though he was the night shift supervisor, which she works as well. I was just curious as to how it would work should Nick become Catherine's right hand. If there would be any sort of conflict or not.

But for the sake of their relationship, beit friendship or romantic, I hope there is nothing ridiculous up the producers sleeves that could complicate things between Nick and Mandy in the near future. I'd still like to see her comfort him in someway if not over Warricks death, then over the departure of Grissom. A few words of optimistic wisdom or something as simple as "You know I'm here if you ever want to talk." I know it's highly unlikely, but hey, one can hope...:p

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm very bitter over the handling over Nick's grief, but anyways.

I don't think there are any rules about Lab Rats dating CSIs. I think the BIG issue with GSR was that Grissom was her boss!

Mandy is lab rat under Ecklie's supervision more so than Nick.

I seriously hope it becomes cannon. I can see sparks, that one scene they had together Nick had this big juicey grin on his face when he saw her. Awfully sweet.!

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

The good thing about Nick and Mandy is that we can know it's going on behind the scenes without tptb screwing it up.

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well if can get some bedroom scenes and I mean some GOOD BEDROOM SCENES:devil::devil::devil:! I'd be happy.

And no ugly robes, no clothes either!:devil:

You know the one tiny scene-Nick looked so happy to see her now that could have meant he was happy to get the evidence-I'm not going to go all GSR and look at all scenes in a shippy way-but still, it was the first smile he'd had in a bit.

ETA to Add: This is my favourite movie and my favourite Disney couple and they remind me of Nick and Mandy-but this is definitely a Nick song:lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2008
  8. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Guys, fan videos MUST relate to the ship, and be posted in the Fan Video Thread.

The only videos allowed here are CBS authorized promos ONLY (and must relate to the ship).

Thank you. :)

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

So we've been told!!!:rolleyes:

10. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

This is completely uncalled for myfuturecsi. If you know this, then you shouldn't still be posting them. It appears you have been going to other threads (DL) and stirring things up. If you have problems with a mod post then I suggest you take it up in PMs instead of having an off topic unnecessary post.

Thank you.

11. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

The more and more I watch these two, the more I think they would be cute together. It would be nice if the average looking girl could get the gorgeous sexy guy for once instead of the hot supermodel stereotype hollywood shows normaly go for. It would give me, and other average looking girls out there hope if she got with him.

PS,
    I did not mean to suggest that Mandy is ugly, but Claudia Schiffer beauty she is not. Please don't jump me.

12. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

I won't jump you, but I will point out that not everyone thinks Claudia Schiffer is beautiful. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in this case, it's all about what Nicky sees ;)

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I won't jump you either, Sheeri Rappaport is a beautiful woman but I think when she's in character, she's dressed down a bit.

But she's still cute as a button and seems to bring a smile to Nick's face.

Most of us are not Cluadia Schiffer:p.

14. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

The whole debate about any actresses beauty actually reminds me of my favourite christina aguilera song "beautiful". I guess it is in the eye of the beholder.

Do you think GE would be for this happening. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he against romance on the show. Doesn't matter to me I stil think they're cute together. It is probably better not happening on the show. I just dread the thought of the writters messing it up.

Best left to the imagination.

I did love that scene where he sang to her. I would have loved to know why she made him sing to her.

15. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

One of the reasons I love Mandy is because she really shows that you can be anything no matter what you look like. She's not superthin or anything like that, but she is gorgeous - and I think Nick would just love her for that - she's comfortable in her own skin.